Round 1 vs St George/Illawarra Dragons

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who do we think comes in for Norrie ?
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Can't wait for this arvos game , hoping for a big crowd and a big win !
I can hear the roar now when billy breaks the line and is flying up the middle !
Bring it on !!!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Who do we think comes in for Norrie ?
The only other player on the extended bench is Finch however if the Storm still prefer to go in with some size (which I like), we may see K Bromwich or another young prop.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I just have one thing to say; fark St. George-Illawarra.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Who do we think comes in for Norrie ?
The only other player on the extended bench is Finch however if the Storm still prefer to go in with some size (which I like), we may see K Bromwich or another young prop.
I wish we knew if Finch flew out of town or not. I want Big Kenny B to debut.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:I just have one thing to say; fark St. George-Illawarra.
Ditto... Wonder if we'll see some of the grubby tactics we have come to expects from the Dragons when they line up against the storm.

I will never forgive Nightingale for his DOG headbutt to Slater. Cost him a Dally M medal. I hope Nightgale and Soward are carried off.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Slade Griffin named on the bench to replace the injured Bryan Norrie. Vave to start.
Congratulations on making your debut, Slade. Go well son!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Congrats to Slade. Hope he has a huge game.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

This season is looking like the year where Craig bloods numerous youngsters with an eye to the future.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:I just have one thing to say; fark St. George-Illawarra.
Ditto... Wonder if we'll see some of the grubby tactics we have come to expects from the Dragons when they line up against the storm.

I will never forgive Nightingale for his DOG headbutt to Slater. Cost him a Dally M medal. I hope Nightgale and Soward are carried off.
Wasn't it nice of Billy to show concern to Nightingale's welfare after he cleaned him up?
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

A solid all-round performance to start the season. We were very impressive in patches but did lack the finishing touch on a few of our plays but that's understandable considering it was a first round match. Other than the usual suspects, I thought Moors, Bromwich and O'Neill played very well. All in all, it was a good way to commence our premiership defense.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I thought it was a shaky performance, interrupted by moments of brilliance (too many chances to close the game out went begging) - though definitely a good start to the season.

Moors and Bromwich were great, Cronk was on the money too. I thought cam was unlucky not to draw a couple of penalties, other than that a quiet game in attack for him.

I'm excited to see the team build on it, the cowboys game will be a great match up, in my opinion they will be the team to beat all year (not including the mighty storm of course!)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thought we've been poor overall. Execution needs to lift next week if we are to beat another contender.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I actually thought we were very good in the first half and while we went through the motions in the second i think that's more tan understandable given the 35 degree heat, the fact we came back from the UK in playing and training in 0 degree heat as well as having the game well and truly sewn up early.

All things considered i reckon it was a solid first up performance and one i've no doubt we'll build upon as the season progresses. Any time we can get a 20 point win i'll never complain.
Last edited by Ice on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Pretty tough on the boys I reckon. I thought we played quite well on a very hot 35deg day against a serious contender for the 2013 finals series.

Well done Storm. Great win