Waqa out for 8 weeks

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sisa Waqa apparently lacerated his hand and did something to one of the tendons after the wcc. He is expected to miss 8 weeks. I'm really disappointed, I would love to see him put a full season together.
Duffie is expected to miss rd 1 too with a hamstring injury.

I guess that means either:
2.fonua 3.sa'u 4.chambers 5.o'neill

or

2.fonua 3.o'neill 4.chambers 5.sa'u

But, who is next if someone else goes down?

As far as I can see, our options are either move widdop to the backs and play finch at 5/8 or play one of auva'a, solomona or tonumaipeia since blair is apparently injured too.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So disappointing... I was very excited to see Waqa continue his great work to kick-start the 2013 season.

Geez, we are tested early for depth!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sad news for Sisa. Was hoping he'd continue on from the finals series and have a big year.

Unless Bellamy shocks us I expect Sa'u to play an Juz to move to the wing.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hoffy can always play in the centres and Bellamy can bring in another back rower as a last resort, otherwise Junior Sa'u is the most likely.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Or Fonua...
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Auva'a is the next most likely after those already mentioned. Out of he, young and solomona, he's the best defender which bellamy always likes. but, i agree, sa'u, juzzy, chambers and fonua will be the four outside backs and it's just a question of what formation.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hmmmmmm.... there's going to be such a dogfight for one centre spot and two wing spots once Waqa and Duffie are fit. I think the only player guaranteed a spot is Chambers. O'neill will as well but where he plays is another matter but I think he's gonna go back to the wing.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I was at training/family day today and there is nothing wrong with Duffie's hamstring. He did the whole training session, full on. He is right to play. Bobby Blair did all the training today including contact work, so his face must have healed also .
Last edited by glennb on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was glad to see that too, makes me a little bit less anxious lol
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Junior sau and Lagi Setu were sent to play Qcup but the game was cancelled due to an ironic dangerous storm
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hmm, probably washing the dishes.
Hedge
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

come on!

picked Fonua up in my draft teams after i heard the duff man was out round one but now that waqa is also gonesky for such a long time, this kid will finally get his shot. pumped for him. http://www.fantasydaily.com.au/team-pre ... rne-storm/

absolute certainty to be a radid riser in fantasy land now. the storm are becoming better than the broncos at churning out cheap awesome fantasy backs - lets hope Mahe gets a hatrick against the drags!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nobody here will complain if fonua gets a hat trick