Ron Gauci

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I just wanna put it out there cause I'm not even gonna comment apart from this

When storms books were thoughrly looked in to surely then they would have found irregular spending on bad supplement ect storm was cleared then so I don't know what any storm fan is worried about cause unless they started taking these supplements after 2011 (and if they did then they are the dumbest club in history) then we all know that the club is clean

Rant over
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote:I just wanna put it out there cause I'm not even gonna comment apart from this

When storms books were thoughrly looked in to surely then they would have found irregular spending on bad supplement ect storm was cleared then so I don't know what any storm fan is worried about cause unless they started taking these supplements after 2011 (and if they did then they are the dumbest club in history) then we all know that the club is clean

Rant over
Very good point SallyMay. Although they weren't looking for illegal substances I'm sure they'd have exposed ANY dodgyness by the club
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The thing that irritates me is that the entire sport has been painted with such a broad brush stroke despite no player or club officially being accused of anything. The way the media are reporting this whole thing makes it look like every single player of every single club is doing something wrong. Manly or Penrith being audited doesn't mean that they're guilty of anything. All David Smith (the new NRL CEO) said was that they have information that concerns more than one player at more than one club. That doesn't suggest a widespread problem to me. How many players are we talking about? This whole situation has been handled poorly by almost everyone. Fortunately, the NRL seems to be doing a good job for a change.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

absentee wrote:The thing that irritates me is that the entire sport has been painted with such a broad brush stroke despite no player or club officially being accused of anything. The way the media are reporting this whole thing makes it look like every single player of every single club is doing something wrong. Manly or Penrith being audited doesn't mean that they're guilty of anything. All David Smith (the new NRL CEO) said was that they have information that concerns more than one player at more than one club. That doesn't suggest a widespread problem to me. How many players are we talking about? This whole situation has been handled poorly by almost everyone. Fortunately, the NRL seems to be doing a good job for a change.
Exactly, on Wednesday it was all about Essendon supposedly using performance enhancing drugs, yet on Thursday that was quickly forgotten about and it was announced that basically every major sport in Australia is tainted by drugs. The so called darkest day in Australian sporting history - yet where is the proof that anyone has done something wrong :? . It would be funny in a few months time if this investigation finds no evidence on anything and could become one of the biggest media beat ups ever.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

mattstormy wrote:
absentee wrote:The thing that irritates me is that the entire sport has been painted with such a broad brush stroke despite no player or club officially being accused of anything. The way the media are reporting this whole thing makes it look like every single player of every single club is doing something wrong. Manly or Penrith being audited doesn't mean that they're guilty of anything. All David Smith (the new NRL CEO) said was that they have information that concerns more than one player at more than one club. That doesn't suggest a widespread problem to me. How many players are we talking about? This whole situation has been handled poorly by almost everyone. Fortunately, the NRL seems to be doing a good job for a change.
Exactly, on Wednesday it was all about Essendon supposedly using performance enhancing drugs, yet on Thursday that was quickly forgotten about and it was announced that basically every major sport in Australia is tainted by drugs. The so called darkest day in Australian sporting history - yet where is the proof that anyone has done something wrong :? . It would be funny in a few months time if this investigation finds no evidence on anything and could become one of the biggest media beat ups ever.
What would be funny is if all the media responsible were sued into bankruptcy, for defamation of character, by a massive class action suit by all the sporting codes, players and staff
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

What a lot of people don't realise is that the ACC will not release names of any specific club or person involved, as they do not wish to jeopardise the case being built against all those involved. The ACC does not have the authority to press charges as they are simply an intelligence gathering organisation, therefore they have handed all information on to the police who will now continue the case and have the authority to charge guilty parties.

The full report clearly states that the ACC had individual private briefings this week with each code involved, and it was at these briefings in which codes were informed of all parties implicated in this mess. AFL CEO Demeteriou alluded to this point yesterday of 3AW.

So whilst people question whether the ACC has evidence incriminating anybody, it is clear that they do and its not just a matter of them putting forth these allegations in the hope of finding whistle blowers.

Expect heads for roll and charges to be laid in the coming weeks. This is now a police matter and the time has come and gone for this to be pushed aside.

Interesting times ahead!
storm77
Squall
Squall

OK maybe this is controversial but I I just accept the fact the PED's or whatever you want to call them are a part of sport. If nothing else we are behind the rest of the main stream sporting world in this area. What I do not understand is why everyone thinks that the highest levels of sport are about anything other then winning. There are no morals or ethics, it is just about winning. The fact of the matter is that every athlete everywhere knows what other athletes are doing and so they do whatever it takes to compete on a level playing field. Passing a drug test means nothing because at the end of the day athletes know what they can and can't take and how much. And the fact of the matter is that there is no actual real test for things like HGH anyway no matter what the drug authorities try to claim publicly.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

How good would Billy be IF he started taking PED???
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Someone said to me yesterday, there is no way Cameron Smith is taking drugs, not with a body like that!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The accountant :lol:
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:lol: And after last night he's even less pretty :lol:
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think Cammy Smith is gorgeous.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Did anyone hear anything to do with this today in Bellamy's presser ?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

just the same non statements everyone is giving
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ron was on radio today after the press conference and was asked seeing the ACC is now allowing the NRL to notify the clubs named in the report, had the NRL contacted the Melbourne Storm. He said No.
Last edited by glennb on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.