Storm vs Manly Rd 15

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Directed to Cherry sorry.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:How good was Smith at 5/8, and Widdop is still a brilliant fullback!!!

I predicted Widdop at the back, but didn't see Smith in the halves. Probably a way to keep his workload down a little after Wednesday and yet keep him in the side.
Bobby Blair must really be out of flavour since his mishap on the gold coast.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Widdop will be the English Darren Lockyer in 5 years time.

Was he originally named at FB tonight?
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

what crusher tackles are you talking about chez?..the only player put on report tonight was jason king for doing his usual head high tackle.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

um i dont feel sick anymore lol
Nothing like a win to cure what ails ya lol.

No Widdop was not named at 1, was named at his usual 6
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:
Ice wrote:1. Slater
2. Duffy
3. Neilsen
4. O'Neill
5. Quinn
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Bromwich
9. Smith
10. Ryles
11. Hinchy
12. Lowrie
13. Hoffman

14. Kostjasyn
15. Norrie
16. Vave
17. Lowe
18. Blair
19. Waqa

No sika?

Hmmmm I wonder what winger Manly will target with the high ball. C'mon Bellamy surely he is better off on the bench.
Haha I don't think they kicked to Quinn all night. They elected to pepper the former fullback and the former High Jump champion instead.
He's a tactical genius Toovey.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sally I was 100% confident we were going to win tonight. It NEVER entered my head that manly were going to beat us. :swav: :swav: :swav:
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

im never happy never confident...i feel ill right till the whistle blows for full time...my friends think im crazy for being so negative

seriously the weeks im confident we end up losing
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I don`t know why but I`m sometimes not confident against the chooks.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You have to laugh at why teams keep kicking bombs to Duffie. Yea he may drop 1 in 20. But he is the safest under the high ball in our team. Would of thought Manly kicking to Quinn was a no brainer.

DW Sally I was nervous all day. Expected a win though. when it was 12-0 I was pumping fists around the house but at 18-12 I was told to keep faith and I did. Guess it worked.

I really think we shocked Manly In how dominate we were. We were up in their face most of the night. I remember the week of the Sharks game, Matt Ballin was on NRLonFOX and was like all high and mighty saying we don't like to be dominated. Guess it didn't work haha.
brewer
Squall
Squall

i had us at $3.65 for 1-12 :-D
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Easy money. I heard the odds before the game and just LOLD
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Scumly got what they deserved. Backwater club at a backwater venue with backwater people as supporters.
Seeing Scum Stewart in pain made my night.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I can never share the venom others have towards Glenn Stewart solely because he's a dead ringer for Karl Pilkington. How could you possibly get mad at that round headed buffoon?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cause he is a thug on the field and gets away with it. Pretty simple. Although Karl Pilkington is hilarious.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It was a fantastic win last night by the boys and I was so proud of them,but on a sour note ( apart form the refs ) Ryan Phelan again at half time pointing out "suspect" tackles by us..but he did apologise to Storm supporters first ,and said he wasn't picking on us ( wanker).
What is it with Phelan and Smith,they must scrutinise every single tackle that Storm make,THEY should open both eyes when watching our games,I am just about over them,I can't stand to watch them anymore,they seem to have a sole purpose just to watch what Melbourne Storm do,I am sure they can't scrutinise every game that way it would take them forever !!! and now I suppose Paul Kemp will prattle on about it on NRL on Fox,cause he thinks he knows all there is to know,and always says that he is sick of Melbourne Storm and the dirty tactics they use ??? so I am just not going to watch it this week as I will only get pissed off. :angryfire: