Sika Manu - has he re-signed?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

SS, as your arch rival I couldn't agree more as much as I'd love to disagree

The lima lima lima duck storm will live on atleast until the big 3 either retire or leave, your success is the work of 4 men, Slater, cronk, Smith and lima lima lima duck Bellamy

You pricks are a young version of us, resilient pricks

[ Post made via Android ] Image
staticash
Squall
Squall

"You pricks are a young LESS DIRTY version of us, resilient pricks" -there makes more sense now.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
S.W.A.S
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

In your comment Chez in a roundabout way I read "that you really admire STORM"
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

staticash wrote:"You pricks are a young LESS DIRTY version of us, resilient pricks" -there makes more sense now.

My only comment to that would be considered as trolling by the "powers that be"
so i'll just keep that card thanks,nice try
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Manly have to look into keeping their own stock before they get any name players from other clubs. Wouldn't make sense to lose Ballin just to sign Sika.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cherry_Poppins wrote:
staticash wrote:"You pricks are a young LESS DIRTY version of us, resilient pricks" -there makes more sense now.

cherry poppins....I have a question for you...

Were you ever The Eagle on this forum from 2010 ??
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote:
Cherry_Poppins wrote:

cherry poppins....I have a question for you...

Were you ever The Eagle on this forum from 2010 ??
No,but ive heard of him a number of times on here
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Someone else said it in another froum; Manu, as much as we'd all love him to stay, needs to be let go so we can keep Vave. He's not anywhere as mobile as Sika is but his metre making and size is something we have sorely lacked until now. Ryles has been tops as well (I was critical of him at first and a lot of my Lizard supporting family and friends can't believe I actually am a fan of his) because he is big and has made some good metres in the last few games...just needs to get the offloads out of his game when they are not called for! Keep him for another year if he wants to stay but Vave needs to be our priority re-signing....and I beleive it's already a done deal.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Andrew Webster from the Daily Telegraph says Sika has signed with Souths.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He then corrected himself. Not sure if true though. I think he goes to Parra or Manly.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Confirmed that he's heading to Penrith on a three year deal.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As i posted elsewhere before it was definite (it he were to leave), i'm dissappointed Sika has gone but not devastated. I'd have been a hell of a lot more devastated if he hadn't have had all these injuries the last few years because less face it, injury free he's one of the most damaging running players in the game and is great to watch. But every time he get tackled these days i just find myself hoping he gets up uninjured.

If he can stay (relatively) injury free he'll be a great pick up for a team like the Panthers and a somewhat of a loss for us but i'm not overly confident he won't stay injury free so i'm ok with him moving on to a better deal for him and his family. Plus i'm glad he didn't go to the likes of Manly, Dogs and Parra. Lets just hope he can come back fit and help us on our way to a premiership and send him off on a good note.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mehh not upset his leaving....storm have been playing pretty good atm without him so im sure they will keep it up next year too plus i think his injurys keep him outt more then he plays

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

good luck to him. but like with adam blair leaving, i think the storm can move forward still and put their money to better use

lets hope he can stay injury free for the rest of the year and help us win the premiership
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

All the best to Sika, he has been a great player for our club in his 74 games so far. I am happy for him to go to Penrith for a better deal. He owes the Storm nothing. His departure was expected so I am glad that it is official now so we can turn our attention to signing / re-signing other players.

Sika, thank you and hopefully you can go out with a premiership this year for the Storm and all the best for your time at the Panthers.