Round 2 - Storm vs Rabbitohs @ AAMI Park 11/03 7:00pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Havent watched the on tv yet so I wont be too in depth but Matt Duffie had a mans game tonight which was great to see. Seemed like an even performance across the board. Still if Talanoa doesnt play theres 3 tries we dont score, so our form atm is just OK.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hoffman is a dud, end of story.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hoffy's become the new Lowrie/Lowe/Quinn for the Bai Stand members to hate.
His stats last week were quite good and tonight he tackled his arse off again. Perhaps he's playing too many minutes? Maybe he's getting tired and allowing errors to creep into his game? But he's definately a workhorse, just hasn't had many opportunities to run the lines in attack that we're used to seeing him run.
These past two games have been about trying to contain large forward packs. Next week I'm sure we'll see a different gameplan against the Titans.

Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:Hoffy's become the new Lowrie/Lowe/Quinn for the Bai Stand members to hate.
His stats last week were quite good and tonight he tackled his arse off again. Perhaps he's playing too many minutes? Maybe he's getting tired and allowing errors to creep into his game? But he's definately a workhorse, just hasn't had many opportunities to run the lines in attack that we're used to seeing him run.
These past two games have been about trying to contain large forward packs. Next week I'm sure we'll see a different gameplan against the Titans.

He should only be a workhorse.

An edge backrower should be a threat of busting the line at any time, or at least breaking tackles relatively easily and leaving a hole in the next ruck. Ryan is capable of neither of those things and hasnt been, at an adequate level, since 2007.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

just on kingy, wish kingy played like that for us in defence it looked like he was playing with a lot to prove and trying to kill anyone in front of him. anyone see him just leave the field after the game while crocker and gi were talking to cam, hoffy, billy etc.. maybe theres some bad blood somewhere. hard to imagine though

duffie was amazing tonight, so impressed with his catches and runs and oneil just jogging after a full flight inglis and taking him down was a sight to see! billy seemed to be a little off tonight but pulled it together nicely as always. danger is going to give me a heart attack unless he learns to run straight but that one handed grab and grubber was beautiful.

it looked like souths made a lot of easy meters in their own half but of course its not easy to stop the likes of burgess, crocker, taylor, asotasi etc..

how did everyone think ryles went? i recon he's great and reminds me a lot of ben cross. the best part was i saw time and time again isaac luke would dart from dummy half when ryles was at marker and every time ryles caught that little prick. not easy for a man-mountain to do that!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

shit i was gonna say that too about ryles he does remind me of crossy as well

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

nacho wrote: how did everyone think ryles went? i recon he's great and reminds me a lot of ben cross. the best part was i saw time and time again isaac luke would dart from dummy half when ryles was at marker and every time ryles caught that little prick. not easy for a man-mountain to do that!
I think Ryles has proved everyone wrong. He's 33, and he played like a 20 year old prop. It seemed his hamstring held up as he was wearing the blue thigh protector. He is the sort of player the Storm missed in 2011, a big prop who adds size and makes metres for the forwards. If he plays well next week, I think he should start in the front row and put Norrie on the bench. I reckon he could even go around again next year and break the record as the oldest ever Storm player.
Monsoon
Monsoon

My only gripe with Ryles was he continues to use his forehead in tackles and bores into players whilst on the ground and has a lot of niggle on the ground, but he has always had that and I guess isn't going to change now. He didn't give away any penaltys so that was good, oh btw is it just me or does Shane Hayne hate us? My god he did all
He could to get the rabbitohs over the line!

waveydavey
Squall
Squall

nacho wrote:just on kingy, wish kingy played like that for us in defence it looked like he was playing with a lot to prove and trying to kill anyone in front of him. anyone see him just leave the field after the game while crocker and gi were talking to cam, hoffy, billy etc.. maybe theres some bad blood somewhere. hard to imagine though
I saw Kingy having a good long chat with Quinn at the end of the game, didn't really apy much attention if he chatted with others or not, and then as he left the field, signing some autographs for Storm fans near the tunnel. I couldn't imagine there would be any bad blood, Kingy was probably just disappointed with the result, and I'm sure they all caught up for a few beers after the game.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i only saw the last 50 mins of the game, but what i saw was quinn, lowrie and danger all play with more aggression and purpose, they looked like they belonged in the team.
ryles was excellent! vave adds niggle and gets in the face and minds of the opposing props in scrums, expect a blow up one day ;)
hoffman...... whats doing? put proctor in there! he was HUGE out wide with oniell n duffman outside him.
you almost dont have to mention the 'big 3' anymore, they continue to be the best players.......in the world
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ryles did well. Greenfield obviously dropped off the bench to make room for him? I like Vave as well.

Nielsen had a shocker in that 2nd half while O'neill was excellent all game. Need Blair back to go to the centres IMO.

I will take my hat off to Burgess for that hit on Norrie. Its contact like that that makes me love rugby league so. Brilliant tackle.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Vave is going really well.

67 meters on just 6 runs and 31 tackles in only 35 minutes
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

vave has cemented his spot on the bench I think, his only gonna get better!

I still think blair needs to be in the team, as good as Neilson was last night I think blair should take his spot.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good second half from the boys last night, first half was average though. Thought that Danger was superb along with Slater and Duffie. Vave and Ryles add something off the bench which is key. Hoffman needs to improve his game though, hopefully it's just him slowly getting back into the NRL toughness.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

needs more waqa