Round1- Raiders vs Storm.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I have faith in Craig Bellamy to put HIS BEST SIDE ON THE PARK.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ryles did his hammy in tassie storm boy his out for 3 weeks

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oneill starting in the centres. Interesting. I'm pretty disappointed Blair isn't in the side. Offers more in attack and defends better than Nielsen IMO. And Manu and Hoff starting with Proctor on the bench. And Lowrie starting at lock in place of Hinchcliffe. I expect a reshuffle of the forwards before kick off TBH.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Going by the interview on the OS (poor updating by the Storm but thats another story) Chambers will be in the side as soon as he gets some match fitness. Like O'Neill in the centers, thought he was ready last year for the job, dont like Lowrie in the 17, dont like Hoffman at edge-backrow, he's too weak imo but like Vave being in contention, hopefully he gets a run on Sat.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Rapt to see Vave and Greenfield get named. They really make the bench look a lot stronger than it was last year. As with a lot of the other comments I dont understand Lowrie getting named and definitely not in front of Hinchy. I know the guy tries hard but he just doesn`t have the impact we need from a forward. Can`t wait for kickoff :-D :-D
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Like others I am surprised Quinn and Lowrie make the starting line up. I have been a fan of Quinny and he has been a great servant of our club but wingers nowadays are tall, strong, fast and can jump out of sight. Quinn I feel leaves us too exposed under the high ball. I would have thought Chambers at centre and O'Neill on wing ahead of Quinn or Waqa on the wing. Not sure why a couple of people on this site are down on Waqa, he had one howler v the Eels but he was very good in his other matches when he started particularly in metres gained on the kick return or second tackle after the kick return.

Like others I just don't think Lowrie has provided much in his time at the Storm.

I was a big fan of Vave in Sharks NSW Cup team last year so am glad to see him get a chance and Greenfield was training the house down when I went to training pre-Xmas. Greenfield is quite tall and athletic.

Apparently Blair missed out because he missed a lot of pre-season through injury.
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

stormy wrote:I have faith in Craig Bellamy to put HIS BEST SIDE ON THE PARK.
+1
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

thanks sally... So when Ryles comes back I think proctor should slot into the starting lineup and Lowrie should go, with Ryles, vave and greenfield on the bench with Hinchy.

Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

waveydavey wrote:
+1
+ 2
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

im losing faith when he picks quinn and lowrie..... its painful watching them
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote:Not sure why a couple of people on this site are down on Waqa, he had one howler v the Eels but he was very good in his other matches when he started particularly in metres gained on the kick return or second tackle after the kick return.
The problem with Waqa is that he is nothing more than a fringe winger (he reminds me of Fifita "The Koala" Moala or Semi Tadulala). This is how it goes: a winger gets injured, Waqa will fill in for that winger, Waqa will then have an alright game and keep his spot for the next week, but the next week he will have a shocker and then gets dropped. I can see him playing only 5-10 games this year.

Looking back on last year, the only thing he did that was worthwhile was the catch he made against Souths which saved the game for the Storm. Other than that, he is simply a reserve grade player.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

so is lowrie he is not even a reserve grader! Waqa is young and will develop in to a marcus bai style winger he runs hard and with him in the team we actually went forward alot more..he isn't afraid of gettign his hands dirty. Infact Duffie isn't all that impressive himself...He had a avr year IMO last seaons hope he improves this year but all he can do is fall over the line to socre a try he makes almost no metres on his hits ups from our half..quinn I was abig fan off..not so much anymore but atleast he can make some impact when running hte ball back..duffman has not used his size effectively as yet. In saying all of that my opinion is based on last seasons form and he is also young like waqa and i hope he improves to justify his selection.

In reality Chambers and Blair need ot bein the team so you would think whoever doesn't perform will need to be dropped the only players I think are safe are Dane and Billy...the other 3 will have to fight to hold thier positions

BTW real happy about Justin playing Centre :) he needs to work on his fitness also last season he was tired at the back end of games and had zero impact after 60mins
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

at duffmans and oniells age, an off season makes a massive difference. they would both build muscle and fitness. i think both will have huge years!
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Surprised but happy to see that Quinny has been named in the run on side for the first game.
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

quinn is not the quality type of player we need on the wing, ever since his injuries his just not good anymore . I would much prefer Waqa, fonua or even will chambers seeing that we have Neilson Oneil and blair in the centres .