Cooper Cronk Press Conference

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

im starting to want coops to leave...luke is ready and ben hampton is getting over being injured he is also really good and then we have matty mcgahan...im not gonna lie i like him heapssss....in saying that i think coops will stay and we will have to say goodbye to another 6 players at the end of the year because of it :(

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Monsoon
Monsoon

I really am not stressing, honestly see it as a win win. If coops stays great! But if not i have plenty of faith in the young guys coming through.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Massive decision for a guy who has only ever played with Storm to leave Storm imo.

I know Blair left under similar circumstances but he has an unusual need to still support a large family of siblings etc.

fwiw...I reckon if Storm offer 3/4 of what Coops could get elsewhere...he'll probably stay in order to be a one club legend with cam and billy.

just my opinion of course !
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

storming wrote:luke kelly knows melbourne storms style, attitude and training expectations. why bring wallace in?
Agree, if Cronk leaves, why waste space on the salary cap for an overrated halfback in Peter Wallace over a great young talent in Luke Kelly? I couldn't believe it when I heard these rumours. Why would the Storm be stupid to deny Kelly a chance in the #7 jersey and bring in Wallace who could end up being an expensive Elmer Fudd?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

mattstormy wrote:
mystormboys wrote: Rumours are already doing the rounds in league circles that Cronk is set to join South Sydney as part of a halfback merry-go-round that involves Brisbane's Peter Wallace heading to Melbourne and the Broncos luring Daly Cherry-Evans home to Queensland from Manly.
Rumours of Peter Wallace joining the Storm - I didn't see that one coming :?
I hear Matt Orford's available. ;D ;D ;D
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Surandy wrote:
mattstormy wrote:
mystormboys wrote: Rumours are already doing the rounds in league circles that Cronk is set to join South Sydney as part of a halfback merry-go-round that involves Brisbane's Peter Wallace heading to Melbourne and the Broncos luring Daly Cherry-Evans home to Queensland from Manly.
Rumours of Peter Wallace joining the Storm - I didn't see that one coming :?
I hear Matt Orford's available. ;D ;D ;D
I forgot all about Ox being out of a club. In saying that, he would probably do a better job than Wallace - even as a has-been in his mid 30s :lol:.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cronk hints at Melbourne NRL future

Storm NRL halfback Cooper Cronk gave the biggest hint yet he doesn't want to leave Melbourne as the feverish speculation about his future followed him to Hobart.

The off-contract Test and Queensland representative, who has been linked to South Sydney, Brisbane and Super Rugby franchise the Melbourne Rebels, said on Friday he is yet to make a decision on where he will play after 2012.

But asked whether he could see himself playing at another club, the 28-year-old seemed to give Storm fans hope.

"I very much enjoy living in Melbourne," he said. "I love the lifestyle.

"I've got a great working relationship with everyone there from the players to the staff to the coaches and I don't see that changing in the future."

Cronk, though, was giving little else away as he spread the rugby league gospel to school children ahead of Melbourne's final trial against Brisbane.

"I understand that my contract at this time of year is of interest to the public but, in terms of making a decision, I'm very much entrenched in being as fit as I possibly can for Melbourne, starting the year off really well there and I'll take care of those things as they come," he said.

"In due course, there'll be a process that we'll have to sit down and do and, until then, there's not too much to report."

Storm coach Craig Bellamy said NRL clubs were beyond being distracted by player negotiations.

"I think our game is basically immune to guys leaving," Bellamy said.

"Our game has been like that for a long period of time so everybody understands in the club that Cooper will make a decision that he sees best for himself.

"We're used to guys making decisions early in the year if they move or don't move."

Cronk enters the 2012 season finally poised to cement a starting spot in the Maroons' State of Origin side following the retirement of Darren Lockyer.

But he is not taking it for granted.

"I was very humbled by being a part of the last couple of series - the Queensland team have been quite successful," he said.

"But being a part of it doesn't guarantee you having a mortgage on a jersey going forward."

Bellamy said Cronk had done his Origin apprenticeship.

"They've set themselves up pretty good giving Cooper that sort of experience and he'll just step in there," the coach said.

"They couldn't have managed it better than what they have."
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

=D> Good Article
Nice to see something devoid of media hype & spin.

Each day as it comes right ;)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i saw coops do this interview at north harbour ovel today he seemed pretty happy saying he loved melbourne

I also met his aunty who was lovely

storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote:i saw coops do this interview at north harbour ovel today he seemed pretty happy saying he loved melbourne

I also met his aunty who was lovely

did you get any hints out of her?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

well i asked her do u think he will stay...she said she didnt know but she also said their might be wedding bells soon

Make of that what u will

CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote:well i asked her do u think he will stay...she said she didnt know but she also said their might be wedding bells soon

Make of that what u will

If she's a Melbourne girl, it might make influence his decision.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/m ... 6281519789

COOPER Cronk is set to stay at the Melbourne Storm with Brisbane Broncos dropping out of the race to sign him and South Sydney Rabbitohs going cold on the star No 7.
The most talked about player coming off-contract this season, Cronk has been heavily linked to both clubs but it appears likely he will stay with the Storm.

The Broncos this week announced the re-signing of Peter Wallace while it is understood the Rabbitohs have dropped off the Kangaroos playmaker.

Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson gave little a way when contacted last night.

"That is of little concern to us," Richardson said. "And I have no comment when it comes to recruitment."

Melbourne football manager Frank Ponissi said negotiations with Cronk were on track but denied any major developments.

"We are happy with where it is all at," said Ponissi. "We had discussions earlier in the week but we are no close to a decision. I am not sure what Souths are doing but it would be nice if they weren't pursuing him."

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
..End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
Despite speculation, the Broncos were never genuinely interested in recruiting Cronk from Melbourne. They closed the door on any move earlier this week when they re-signed former NSW No 7 Peter Wallace. "He was always going to re-sign with the club," said Wallace's manager Alan Gainey. "That was never in doubt.

"The club always made it clear that it was their intention to sign him, it was a matter of finding the money and space under the cap."

---------------------------------
Until i see a storm press release saying he is staying i wont believe anything
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wallace has resigned with Brisbane for two seasons. According to Dean Ritchie's twitter this is the strongest indication yet that Cronk will stay in Melbourne.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Re: the Sun article... Wow, Alan Gainey still has a job?

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image