2011 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

im assuming he was sacked because of his last DUI

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I see ex-Rooster, western Force and Waratah back Ryan Cross is keen to return to the NRL. We have a spot on our list for an outside back, what do you think about us signing Cross for depth purposes? Or at 32 do you think he is too old?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

would question his value as we are looking to get games into O'Niell, Waqa, Duffie etc.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

no deal on cross! it normally takes the union/super league guys a year or so to get back to nrl speed and level. i think our backline can be made up of the promising juniors coming through, and if we get really stuck dont we have shane neumann playing for east tigers?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

forgot about him
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I went to training yesterday morning and thought I would note some of my observations. About half of the first grade squad trained. Michael Greenfield led the forwards in most of their running drills. If he displays that athleticism and work ethic at every training session I think he may just train his way into a spot on the bench for round 1. Justin O'Neill looks healthy which is good given the way he finished the season. I almost didn't recognise Matt Duffie, I think he has both grown taller and filled out. Jason Ryles was still training by himself, when I first got there he was doing boxing and then went to the other side of the field doing his own personal training.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

good news about o'niell :-D
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://www.zerotackle.com.au/widnes-tar ... pack-4966/

Just found this on Zerotackle. It might just be me but the picture looks more like Sinbad Kali than Sione. Anyway, I`m glad to see he`s picked up a gig. I would love to have seen him stay with us if he could have kept off the injured list.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

that is sinbad hahaha oh well good on sione

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

His secret identity, didn't you ever wonder about them having the same initials? LOL
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.thetigers.com.au/index.php?o ... &Itemid=27

The Easts Tigers are pleased to announce the signing of utility back Jamie Simpson for the 2012 Intrust Super Cup season.

Tigers' coach Troy McCarthy is thrilled to have a player of Simpson’s calibre on board.

“He wants to get back into the Australian way of life I guess, so he’s trying to find his feet to get back in the NRL again and he’s seen our affiliation with the (Melbourne) Storm as a good opportunity to do that,” McCarthy revealed.

A Yeppoon junior, Simpson has previously played in Queensland’s premier competition with the Aspley Broncos and Toowoomba Clydesdales.

He went on to make his National Rugby League debut for the South Sydney Rabbitohs in 2008, scoring 16 tries in 37 games across three seasons.

In 2011, he linked with the Huddersfield Giants in the English Super League before being granted a release from his contract in December.

Simpson was diagnosed with life-threatening Hodgkin's lymphoma in his teenage years and endured chemotherapy throughout 2002-2003.

Detailing his incredible personal journey for Lymphoma Australia, he recalls:

"I had to spend my 17th birthday in hospital. Mum baked me a cake but I was so sick I couldn't eat. I couldn't have too many visitors either which was really hard. But I did get a visit from Scott Minto who organised an autographed copy of the book 'Don't Die with the Music in You' with a personal message: 'Tough time comes and goes, but tough guys last forever' from Wayne Bennett.

As these words became stuck in my head I started to realise that I was going to beat this and I would still be able to achieve my dreams of playing NRL."

To read more about Jamie's story visit: http://www.lymphoma.org.au/index.php/jamie-simpson
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

cant post the article cause im on my phone but its on the storm website

Will Chambers has Signed with the storm for 3 yrs

Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good signing, big fan of Wills.
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

its a good signing, im not sure that we needed another centre. i hope they didnt pay overs for him