Storm Family Day 2012

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/defaul ... family-day

2012 Family Day
When: Sunday 5 February
Where: Gosch's Paddock
Time: 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Cost: FREE!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'll be there with bells on :-D
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I had thought that this was great, they are back to a family friendly time/day in 2012.

Then yesterday a mate reminded me that the cricket is on at the MCG at the same time as the Storm Family Day. Brilliant planning once again by the Storm admin.
Brian
Squall
Squall

Cancelled due to the weather msg on sms
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Postponed not cancelled - New date to ba announced

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Given the upcoming trial games & player involvement the 'family day' IS effectively
Cancelled :evil:
Guess meeting up with other fans is now down to catch ups at trial games or waiting for our 1st home game :-\

The timing of the sms was 'dodgy' given that not everyone is on the sms service & those who are traveling to the event from distance would already be enroute.

Been checking the radar & not sure if it's 'unstable wind' or fear of getting wet ::)
BOM Radar
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Actully i heard on the grapevine that the thunderbolts are playing on the 26th of Feb...i suggest everyone keep that day open

i think it kinda a good thing really storm would have big trouble if ppl got injured
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bourbon Rat wrote:The timing of the sms was 'dodgy' given that not everyone is on the sms service & those who are traveling to the event from distance would already be enroute.
Agreed, the Storm have my mobile number and I'm still to receive the sms.

I had been going to criticise them given that the forecast today was for strong winds but just checked and saw that the winds are actually much stronger than forecast.

So I'll leave my complaint to the fact that the sms was not sent to all members.
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

I got an SMS reminder yesterday about the event - but none today telling me it was postponed. It was lucky I checked Facebook just as I was about to walk out of the house. The wind is fierce - a large branch has just snapped off a tree in my front yard (it didn't land on anything). I hate really windy weather. I hope the rescheduled event is a day/time I can attend - not a weekday like last year.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I got the SMS saying that it was postponed, but I don't think a lot of other people did. Since the family day wasn't on, I went to the cricket at the MCG instead and I saw a number of Storm fans at Richmond Station who looked confused as to why there was no one at Gosch's Paddock.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

strong winds, rain and storms forecast.

Would have thought it was pretty much common sense (if convenient) to check that it was still on before heading in.

obviously some people may have been doing other things before going.

difficult situation though....the Club was bound to lose either way

hopefully Storm make it up to members and fans with an even better family day in the near future
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I was working today anyway so this news didn't really bother me. Hopefully they re-schedule it for the Saturday before the first home game. I have that entire weekend off so I'd actually be able to go. Ah, weekend work. Just one of the joys of working in retail.

Honestly, it would have been irresponsible of the club to go ahead with the family day with weather like that. Sure, people are going to be disappointed about it being postponed but they would have been even more disappointed if it went ahead and they ended up having a shitty day because of it. Even worse if someone was hurt.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Storm Spirit wrote:strong winds, rain and storms forecast.

Would have thought it was pretty much common sense (if convenient) to check that it was still on before heading in.
Given the above you'd think a responsible organisation would have been paying closer attention to the weather to enable a decision to be made earlier rather than waiting for Storm Man to be blown over before making a call and then either not letting everyone on their database know or not have an accurate, up to date database.

I re-signed as a member in November and have had the same mobile number for over 5 years which I've previously got texts from Storm on, usually some crap about game day competitions.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote:
Storm Spirit wrote:strong winds, rain and storms forecast.

Given the above you'd think a responsible organisation would have been paying closer attention to the weather to enable a decision to be made earlier rather than waiting for Storm Man to be blown over before making a call and then either not letting everyone on their database know or not have an accurate, up to date database.

I re-signed as a member in November and have had the same mobile number for over 5 years which I've previously got texts from Storm on, usually some crap about game day competitions.
Fair call about the mobile.

I got a text...but wld have been pissed off if I didn't, especially if they had my mobile number for 5 years !.

I am not an apologist for the Club but I cld understand that they probably waited as long as reasonably possible to see if they could still hold the family day today
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

No probs Storm Spirit, as I'm sure you guessed I am not impressed with the Storm admin. They lack professionalism and appear to also lack passion for the club.

I hope when we get new owners that they can get people on board that care about the club and it's members.