The Storm calling members

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Run Sika Run
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I received a phone call last night from the storm asking me about my membership and did i have any feed back regarding the club.
So i told him how mad i was with the treatment our group received with the two home finals last season and he said that the club was flooded with complaint`s from angry members after the Warriors game.
I told him i spend $450.00 a season too be then sent to the 10 metre line for the second final was not on. >:(
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

what did they say

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Run Sika Run
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

He said that the NRL control the final`s ticket seating allocation,so i asked him why do Brisbane fans get first shot at there seats then.He just kept saying sorry about that,over and over.
I think he said we have until the 17th of this month to renew or lose our seats.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

so brisbane members got 1st crack at their own seats? where did you hear that?
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

There was not much to like about that preliminary final, and it wasn't just the end result that made it by far the worst Storm home game i've ever attended (in fact, it didn't even feel like a Storm home final - it may as well have been played at Mt. Smart).

It doesn't make much sense that they continue to play the national anthem at every home match throughout the season, but they didn't play either of the NZ or AUS anthems for the preliminary final - instead the only thing we got pre game was a DJ instead of a band and the haka being performed to the crowd. I can't even remember if I heard one Storm chant the entire match which was a very poor effort. I had the most annoying Warriors fan sitting next to me who was obsessed with James Maloney and I even saw a number of people in Storm jerseys jumping on the Warriors bandwagon when the Storm started to struggle in that match. I ended up walking out after the Warriors match winning try was scored (I should have walked out earlier because every Storm player put in a disgraceful effort that night and the whole team should have stayed at home).

The only positive was that at least the seats I got were pretty good (eastern side top level towards Swan Street end).
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Run Sika Run wrote: I think he said we have until the 17th of this month to renew or lose our seats.
Only til the 17th? Has it always been that early? I can't recall.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

no, they just finally got their act together this year
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Hi guys been of the radar a bit in relation to my memebership for 2012 as my wife has had breast cancer are they not sending out member renewals in the mail as they have done in the past. I send about 1300 on memberships and I am finding information is not coming to me I have to go looking for it. So is the 17th the cut of date for renewal to get your seats because if I dont get my seats well foxtel is looking good.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mattpoet wrote:so brisbane members got 1st crack at their own seats? where did you hear that?
Emails from the NRL regarding ticketing for the 2011 Finals.

Storm reserved seat members have always had first access to their seats for finals played at our usual home ground. Until this year!

The Storm admin don't seem to care for their fans. I did the recent survey and gave the admin side a deserved pasting. The only things they've gotten right for 2012 is to get the memberships available early and to limit the cost increase to a more affordable level, rather than the 10% increases the last couple of years.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

bushman wrote:Hi guys been of the radar a bit in relation to my memebership for 2012 as my wife has had breast cancer are they not sending out member renewals in the mail as they have done in the past. I send about 1300 on memberships and I am finding information is not coming to me I have to go looking for it. So is the 17th the cut of date for renewal to get your seats because if I dont get my seats well foxtel is looking good.
Sorry to hear about your wife and I hope all is going well with the treatment.

I got an email from the Storm saying cut off time (if you want to keep your seats) is 5pm 21st December. 2011.