Let's get Storm's premierships back!!!!!!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

But what i see it saying is because Gallop made the ruling to make those years we won the Comp and over the cap= Non and Void - He in a way cheated every one who went to a game ; watched a game on tv or did anything at all ( buy a nrl product ) to do with the NRL : Because every person did it with intent to follow a comp hoping there team wins that year - which in turn in those over the cap years were turned into non and void comps - If you bought a ticket in a lotto and the draw is declared non and void do you loss your ticket - I mean do you still get a chance to win it and if not you should get a REFUND-

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Opens up a big can of worms doesn't it ???
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

True - And on second thought , Didnt the board members lawyer say the Storm would of Won the case thats why the lawyers were so keen but once the good board members got the chop the case fell over. Was that because there wasnt enough of a push from the public. I cant remember but this whole drama is part of something bigger Nrl and News Limitless which stinks of rotten meat any way - Nothing was done about it back then when we had people like that bulldogs sponser Jaycar, i think. He took out a full page ad in a sydney paper stating what a shocker Gallops is and his handling of this whole mess - We had support. Then some big fish to fry.As the Man said earlier maybe we should just worry about getting some new ones -
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I recall seeing a letter from the NRL basically threatening financial ruin on any supporter who attempted to continue the legal action after the board got dismissed, I think that was the end of the legal process as far as supporters were concerned. Don't you just love a system that gives everyone a fair go?
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mattpoet wrote:I recall seeing a letter from the NRL basically threatening financial ruin on any supporter who attempted to continue the legal action after the board got dismissed, I think that was the end of the legal process as far as supporters were concerned. Don't you just love a system that gives everyone a fair go?
I don't recall seeing or reading such a letter from the NRL...I'd love a link if anyone has it.

As for the NRL threatening financial ruin on any supporter who persued legal action after the board was dismissed, that alone would surely be grounds for some sort of legal action.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There was a very official letter going around, I only ever saw a hard copy and it basically said that the NRL had the right ot do blah blah blah and any legal costs incurred in such a lawsuit would be recouped and they listed some exorbitant figure and said this figure would be gotten by suing the people who brought the suit to court thus financially crippling them