2012 Team Line-up

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
hughzy
Squall
Squall

1. slater
2.waqa ( adds alot more in attack than duffie. imo)
3.blair
4.neilson/fonu
5.oneil
6.widdop
7.cronk
8.bromwich
9.smith
10.norrie
11.manu
12.hoffy
13.proctor

14.hinchy
15.kostjayson
16.vave
17.tohu/kenny

that's without any more signings including greenfield .

i put fonu in neilsons position cause fonu is alot better in attack and would be like a spare backrower . runs straight and hard! and would help us out alot when were in our own half and need to get out. doubt fonu would get a spot though . years time and he will be a definite starter.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
hughzy
Squall
Squall

tbh .. for the bench i'd rather see hinchy then 2 big props and a second row, lock like tohu or kenny.

it would give us alot better go forward!
I've noticed most teams do that, have a hooker ( hinchy ) then 2 big props ( vave , greenfield/ afamasaga) then a backrow type a player like Harris , kenny ect.

bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I just hope we get some aggressive players or at least some size and athleticism.

hughzy
Squall
Squall

vave will give us size and aggressiveness.

i think a bench of:

14.hinchy
15.vave
16.afamasaga
17. tohu/kenny

i reckon that would be a great bench. lots of size which is what we really need! doubt that would be the bench though.

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

maybe during origin...
hughzy
Squall
Squall

i just noticed on the first page of 2011official thread + signing news thread it still has Stanley waqa there... i remember hearing that we signed him. were did he go? he would of turned into a great impact player off the bench?.

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he wasnt good enough and we got his cousin sisa

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've just read that Vave won the NSW Cup player's player award for the Sharks for 2011, good to see we're getting quality
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

looks like vave is getting talked up a lot..... hope he lives up to it
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

true, but, in a side that made a prelim, being voted the best by your peers is nothing to sneeze at
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Do you think David will still be our assistant coach - wasn't he travelling from Melbourne to Sydney because his young family were still there? I loved Kevvy Walters I thought he brings great fun to our club
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I reckon Vave is going to turn out to be one of our best signings ever.

In 2008 he was the NYC' best prop.
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

If it was me i would start Norrie from the bench 2012 so he could come on and just play safe and get fast play the balls - I think we need a big game Prop to start along side bromwich. Q is WHO ?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i think we lost too much this year when bromwhich and norrie went off together, so i like the idea of 1 starting on the bench. so brom to start with vave? and im happy for j-lo to be on the bench with norrie. im sure everyone can see the massive improvement j-lo had throughout the year, after another off season i see him as being a good enforcer for us in 2012
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

storming wrote:i think we lost too much this year when bromwhich and norrie went off together, so i like the idea of 1 starting on the bench. so brom to start with vave? and im happy for j-lo to be on the bench with norrie. im sure everyone can see the massive improvement j-lo had throughout the year, after another off season i see him as being a good enforcer for us in 2012
lol...bit off the 8-ball this morning and it took me a little while to work out who you were talking about . I like it - and the rest of what you said