BI ANNUAL "WANNA BE WARRIORS"

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

coupy73 wrote:Think a few people will be turning the tables and becoming warriors next week!!!???
I will, I'd rather see them lift the trophy than the Sea Eagles.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

storming wrote:i wont be going for them!!! i dont care about warriors or manly really.
Me also, moreso because both sets of fans can be such feral twats.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'd prefer to see the Warriors win next week. But I will not be buying a heap of warriors gear and calling myself a supporter, that is just pathetic!!
One of my mates was on the big screen participating in the haka. Proudly participating in an activity of enormous cultural significance whilst proudly displaying his pride and passion in the Storm at the same time.
Another I saw at the pub before the game. A diehard Storm supporter dressed from head to toe in Warriors gear, such a disgrace!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:I'd prefer to see the Warriors win next week. But I will not be buying a heap of warriors gear and calling myself a supporter, that is just pathetic!!
One of my mates was on the big screen participating in the haka. Proudly participating in an activity of enormous cultural significance whilst proudly displaying his pride and passion in the Storm at the same time.
Another I saw at the pub before the game. A diehard Storm supporter dressed from head to toe in Warriors gear, such a disgrace!!

I am not a NZ'r.

I just don't get it.

If they want to be patriotic...why don't they just support the Warriors 24/7.

If they belong to the Storm tribe...why don't they stick with Storm even when playing the Warriors.

NZ v Australia is a different matter...

Club footy is cut and dried imo.

Am I missing something ??...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I dont get it either.
If I lived in Auckland or Brisbane I'd probably attend some games, but there's no way I'd become a passionate Warriors or Broncos supporter. And then go back to Storm once or twice a year, and betray the club I've supported all season.

JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

Go Storm wrote:I'd prefer to see the Warriors win next week. But I will not be buying a heap of warriors gear and calling myself a supporter, that is just pathetic!!

I had a member of the Storm Sydney supporters group contact me on Facebook asking how I had my flags made etc etc. He had a Warriors logo as his profile pic. So I just deleted his message.

Did anyone find the Warriors fans totally obnoxious & over the top on Saturday night? I had a row of these aggressive drunken Maoris behind me. They grabbed and shoved us after tries, they brandished a Maori pride flag (seriously WTF!) and managed to pour drinks on me at the end of the game.

Fair enough they were happy to be in a Grand Final, but it is the fact that so many Warriors fans seem to be New Zealanders & rugby league fans when it suits them (ie when they are winning) that really gets on my goat. They just come out of nowhere. I refuse to respect people like this! Biggest bandwagon jumpers ever!

JF
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I went to see us at Leichardt earlier this year and was treated like a king compared to the twats who 'supported' the Warriors on Saturday night. Most Kiwis have a chip on their shoulder and are bludging off our welfare system anyway.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

JF_Storm_Swans wrote:

I had a member of the Storm Sydney supporters group contact me on Facebook asking how I had my flags made etc etc. He had a Warriors logo as his profile pic. So I just deleted his message.
Did anyone find the Warriors fans totally obnoxious & over the top on Saturday night? I had a row of these aggressive drunken Maoris behind me. They grabbed and shoved us after tries, they brandished a Maori pride flag (seriously WTF!) and managed to pour drinks on me at the end of the game.

Fair enough they were happy to be in a Grand Final, but it is the fact that so many Warriors fans seem to be New Zealanders & rugby league fans when it suits them (ie when they are winning) that really gets on my goat. They just come out of nowhere. I refuse to respect people like this! Biggest bandwagon jumpers ever!

JF
He might have a lost a bet and had to change his profile pic?
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Had young Kiwi females who had piercing screams sitting behind us who also wanted to give us a running commentary on the game and lines like "oh my god this is the bestest day I've had" and of course this was getting better as the beers were going down
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

Then Warriors fans were great on the whole just a few that got over the top, but i still hope the Warriors shove it right up womanly, rough&hard
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

tugga wrote:
JF_Storm_Swans wrote:

JF
He might have a lost a bet and had to change his profile pic?
It was before the game though.

JF
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

JF_Storm_Swans wrote:

JF
At previous games I have always overlooked the fact that many of them can be obnoxious at games, but after Sat. night when I saw a car being thumped at because it had Storm stickers, made my blood boil.

Worse was yet to come on our way to our car when a friend had her Storm jacket destroyed and some idiotics fans banged on our car windows and dented the car bonnett.

We don't need those sorts of fans attending Storm games.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

CooperCronk wrote:At previous games I have always overlooked the fact that many of them can be obnoxious at games, but after Sat. night when I saw a car being thumped at because it had Storm stickers, made my blood boil.

Worse was yet to come on our way to our car when a friend had her Storm jacket destroyed and some idiotics fans banged on our car windows and dented the car bonnett.

We don't need those sorts of fans attending Storm games.
Wonder if those resident bi seasonal trans tasman thugs are the 'family friendly' people David Gallop is always crowing about ???
I never found it strange that the ONLY TIME there is a police presence at our games is when we play the Warriors,(even more so than when Australia plays New Zealand).
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Warrior_Stan
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

bunch of sooks aren’t we... you guys need to be grateful for these "so called warriors fans", without us you would get 5-7 thousand a game and your beloved club would fold within a year.

i am a storm member. i don’t support the storm, i go for the love of the game and I have 1 team, and that is the warriors.

accept the loss gracefully and be thankful for the great atmosphere the warriors provide whenever they are in town. 2 of your biggest crowds of the year have been on the back of us been in town..
No wonder you are the most hated bunch of fans in the game.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

[quote="Warrior_Stan"]bunch of sooks aren’t we... you guys need to be grateful for these "so called warriors fans", without us you would get 5-7 thousand a game and your beloved club would fold within a year.

i am a storm member. i don’t support the storm, i go for the love of the game and I have 1 team, and that is the warriors.

accept the loss gracefully and be thankful for the great atmosphere the warriors provide whenever they are in town. 2 of your biggest crowds of the year have been on the back of us been in town..
No wonder you are the most hated bunch of fans in the game.[/quote]

And yet you buy a membership and chose to associate with us. Interesting....

I dont think I have read anything in here so far Stan that would indicate that the Storm fans have done anything but accept that the Storm were outplayed and convincingly beaten by the Warriors , who thoroughly deserved the win. As for you assertion that without you guys changing sides whenever the Warriors turned up we would only have 5 - 7 thousand at a game, first of all I`d like to say Bulls__t, and secondly, frankly, I`d rather have that many turn up who were dedicated Storm fans each week than a bunch who swap sides whenever they feel it`s warranted. Hell with that many we`d still outdo some Sydney clubs. It`s up to you of course but I`ll think I`ll stick to supporting one team and leave you to be self-righteous as you feel you need to be. Flame away