Thoughts on 2012

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think Niko has been released J-Storm. I think he is going to the Cowboys
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

Aaahhh ok thx for that Woody. All I can really say to that is 'Wow!' What a waste of a buy he was then. I thought he would have been a good option with his size & power. Obv the Storm staff didn't think the same way.

Should have mentioned in my previous post too that I think Jaimen Lowe will benefit from the season with us. I think he'll add a bit more next season. He seems like he really wants to be in Melbourne *cough-BeauChampion-* so I hope he keeps enjoying the club & wants to keep improving under Bellamy. Was a much better buy in the end than the afore mentioned cough...
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Have to agree on both counts J-Storm. Everything I had heard about Niko made me very excited to see him play but obviously Bellamy saw something in him he didn`t think would fit so they appear to have parted ways.
As for Jaiman, I`ll have to put my hand up and admit that I was quite wrong. For most of the season I really haven`t been that impressed and couldn`t see much in him but the last few weeks I have begun to notice that he is really working hard and making an impact and I think another offseason with the guys will do him wonders. I don`t know that he is going to jump to any great level but he is certainly the good honest hard working prop that every team needs at least one of who can come on to the ground and make some metres
StormSergeant
Squall
Squall

Couldn't agree more on Champion. Good to see the back of him! IMO we need a big, damaging front rower. Jesse Bromich can be that player, but he is still young and will learn. Think Sika should be a front rower, but our backrow is quite young and needs some experience.
hughzy
Squall
Squall

we have a big, damaging forward.. siosia vave . his a big bopper! runs its hard! gains good metres. played great in new cup today, with a good pre season under his belt he will give us good impact off the bench!
then we have bromwich and norrie up front with sika in the second row .
then greenfield is a big boy that's talented.. although everyone seems to have forgot about afamasaga? after the one game he had against the roosters , the knock ons he did no one seems to have really mentioned him ever since.. he did play alot of minutes for his first 1st grade game . he done some good runs when he first came on and threatend the line a few times, with the pre season still to go i think he could be a good inclusion on the bench, adds size and grunt to the forwards!

8. bromwich
9. smith
10. norrie
11.proctor
12. manu
13. hoffy

14.hinchy
15.kostjayson
16.vave
17. afamasaga

now that would be an aggressive and big pack.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Warriors would have beat us even easier if Kostjasyn had of been fit and we went with him and Hinchcliffe on the bench.

Like him as a player. dont like him on the bench with Ryan, especaiily when were talking about our lack of impact from our 14-17.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am very confident we can take the comeptiton out next year. The addition of Ryan Hoffman will be huge, he will add something out on the edges and will allow Manu to play a props role. Hopefully Waqa gets more game time as I am a huge fan of his, only had the one bad game. Maurice Blair will hopefully stay fit and play out the season. Vave and Greenfield on the bench will be mighty and iwll be alot better than Woolnough who only added experience in 2011.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1 Slater
2 Duffie
3 Blair
4 Nielsen
5 O'Neill/Moylan
6 Widdop
7 Cronk
8 Bromwich
9 Smith
10 Norrie
11 Proctor
12 Manu
13 Hoffman

14 Hinchcliffe
15 Lowe
16 Vave
17 Greenfield/Harris/?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thoughts on 2012 ?

See you all there ;)
Hope all in the Storm family have a great summer 8)

GO THE WARRIORS - These that is Image
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
storm77
Squall
Squall

Am I the only one who thought Hoff was done before he left. Seriously I don't really want him back. The thing for me is that we have got to get bigger across the park. Size is a key thing in this league, just look at the two teams playing in the grand final.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i though hoffy was done too, but maybe he can come back and add to what he had. but everyone seems to be forgetting m johnson too, if he stays with the club, which it looks like he will. he runs very hard, just needs more fitness, maybe play him like they did j-lo this year with 20-30 mins a game
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hoffy was not playing as good as he had in pervious seasons when he left. But I am hoping he can fine that form again. This man bleeds purple and this has to be a good thing.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't understand so many saying to push Manu into the front row... why?? He is a damaging, damaging second rower. He terrorises the edge defenders, and I think we would lose that strike with him up front. He'd play less minutes, and I can't see any great benefit.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

steaming stormer wrote:I don't understand so many saying to push Manu into the front row... why?? He is a damaging, damaging second rower. He terrorises the edge defenders, and I think we would lose that strike with him up front. He'd play less minutes, and I can't see any great benefit.
best go forward in the team, can see his footwork and power creating havoc in the rucks. Alot of time he can catch a cold waiting out on the fringes and doesnt have to play less minutes. I also think it will be better for his longevity.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i dont think hoffy was done i think he was just down cause he HAD to leave....he has been playing amazing for wigan and get at least 1 try a week

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image