FINAL 1: Storm V Knights

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Tactics perhaps?? Quinn and Champion might just blow them all away next week, catch everyone off guard.

...and then probably not

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Im happy with Quinn over Sisa.. although im happy to know we got Sisa there if we need him..

Champion can be quite good at times.. i dont reckon he's a bad player.. in the rep games he's shown some
class, so if he can step it up abit for the big games, he could be very good..
Sometimes i think he's just not enjoying himself in Melbourne.. maybe he's just used to being on the bottom of table
at Souths lol..
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What worries me is we go on with no momentum and Newcastle come in with plenty.
On John Kite, I thought his lack of match fitness really showed. He was just strolling around at times and also not much urgency in defense. He didnt bend the line like I thought he would. Would like to see him run harder.

I think Afamasaga has some potential. Seems quick on his feet and reminds me a little of Lima.

Personally, I'd go with..

1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Neilsen
4. Champion
5. Quinn
6. Blair
7. Cronk
8. Norrie
9. Smith
10. Bromwiche
11. Manu
12. Proctor
13. Lowrie

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Vea
16. Kite
17. Afamasaga

I think Woolnough is easy to target. Troy Thompson isnt too bad but neither of them have much punch. I think I'm being a little harsh on Troy though.

I hate that we get bullied by other packs. Remember when we had Crocker, Jezza, Cross, Kidwell, Jeff and Whitey. Blair is on his own now and even he isnt there. :(

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bula why would you not play kostjasyn? Consistent and one of our best last night! He's versatilty alone makes him a certain selection one would think.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rory is Fantastic
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Afamasaga is in the side I'll be filthy. In a forward pack that was beaten, he showed to me that he is off the pace of first grade, with very average ball control.

Kite did enough to keep a bench spot if Lowe is out I reckon, and adds some much needed size to the pack.
Vea could be good if he fixes his discipline in defence. Gives away a few too many stupid penalties imo
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

steaming stormer wrote:If Afamasaga is in the side I'll be filthy. In a forward pack that was beaten, he showed to me that he is off the pace of first grade, with very average ball control.

Kite did enough to keep a bench spot if Lowe is out I reckon, and adds some much needed size to the pack.
Vea could be good if he fixes his discipline in defence. Gives away a few too many stupid penalties imo
Under normal circumstances i'd probably agree with this, but Sunday night was anything but normal. Ill-prepared in an ill-prepared team facing off against a very large and fired up pack, and with very limited interchanges. Only a one-man bench for most of the 2nd half.

Fatigue was always going to beat our forwards in those circumstances. I thought Afamasaga's first few runs were very good, later he tired and he was no good. As an impact player off the bench he does just that.
Kite on the other hand was mostly consistent and obviously the fitter of the two. He'd be my choice over Woolnough i'm sorry to say. And for the amount of work Vea did i think he can be let off for a couple of fatigue-related mistakes i'm sure he won't repeat. He's a keeper too, i liked him earlier in the season but he wasn't getting enough time.
Thommo's good too i reckon, but he doesn't pack the same punch as Lowe and Kite
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Refs for sunday are Klein AND Devcich

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

apparently the shield is being presented B4 the game......HUH thats crazy

Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:apparently the shield is being presented B4 the game......HUH thats crazy

Before the NYC game I heard.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Michael :P wrote:
sallymay wrote:apparently the shield is being presented B4 the game......HUH thats crazy

Before the NYC game I heard.
Someone scared perhaps?
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

That's ridiculous!! Before the NRL game I understand. After would be better, but the MOPT staff are always so quick to kick us out after a game. Before the NYC is just stupid. Where'd you hear that?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Before NYC? That can't possibly be true.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:Before NYC? That can't possibly be true.
I heard thats what Gallop requested ;D .
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

This has got to be bullshit. Even presented before the final would be a massive distraction to the preparation. I thought I read an article somewhere that said Gauci, given a choice of the Roosters game or the first final, had requested the presentation to be made after the final, same as in 2008 (although hastily postponed then due to the Warriors winning that one!!!).