Storm vs Dragons Game Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Congrats boys what a tough win, my 3 best were Billy, Widdop & Kostjasyn. MP is all but wrapped up, can't wait for the Sea Eagles clash next week! Unfotunately i was very unhappy with Champion and Quinn tonight, Bobby & Waqa surely come in next week, those 2 were to be quite blunt just terrible.
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I must have been watching a different game, Quinny was excellent, would swap all the tries he has scored for him to smash Soward again - i dont think Soward did anything after that hit for the next 10 minutes he looked stunned. Ok he dropped a couple but his defence was great
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Quinn...good. Champion? Not good. Simple.

Sooner coops and Bobby come back the better. I'm not sure if waqa is better than Quinn yet. I think quinns experience may just give him the edge over waqa. But it is close.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Monsoon
Monsoon

Champion and Quinn made more errors combined than the WHOLE rest of the team! BTW those of you saying Quinn's experience is vital, i doubt Waqa would try a 2nd tackle offload 40m out from his own line at 8-6 with 4 minutes remaining, over half the teams total errors and 1/3 of the teams total missed tackles were by these 2 outside backs! Its just ridiculous, i'd rather see Fonua and Niko get a crack! Thankfully Blair should return next week.
Monsoon
Monsoon

* How bout my preview in the Orininal Post, nostrodamos like effort, anyone need any tips for next week lol?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

wow that was amazing i just re read what was written well done

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

"My name is Beau Champion. I like seeing my face up on the scoreboard after tries and throwing miracle match winning passes straight over the sideline! I also said I felt homesick for Sydney so then signed a contract with Gold Coast. Yes, I am a wanker who is not good enough for Melbourne Storm!" O0

Was an enthralling tight contest that had a finals-like feel about it. We really should have put them away in the 2nd half with the field position we had, but annoyingly coughed the ball up, sent stupid passes over the sideline or took wrong options. Still we are the Storm; it all just comes good in the end because of our awesomeness! Imagine if Duffie took that 'mark' for that try! 8)

JF (not so little drummer boy!)
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Great to hear the "MELLLLLLLBOURNE, MELLLLLLLBOURNE" chant go up during the night. Sounds great during the Rebels matches, will sound even better during Week 1 of the finals.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Send Beau Champion up to the Gold Coast now and wash our hands of this horrible player.
Great defensive effort tonight. Still think we are very vulnerable to a team that can attack our right-hand side.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

did waqa play???

Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Watching the game now, Duffies defence is woeful & no its not champions fault

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Geez jesse bromwich is such a good player now, on form almost the best prop in the game. My pick for motm.

scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Buea Chumpion is an awful player guys he is so selfish and thats why he is leaving he isnt about the team and thats why he doesnt fit into the storms way of life Im so glad he is leaving!!!

Also quinn was targeted all night and it wasnt his best game but he looks like he is just lacking confidence after a few more games he will be much better. I think MAtt Duffie is the weaklink I think waqa should replace him from now on. Matt is still developing so i know he will be a great player in the future. I think waqa makes more metres takes more effective hitup ie he actually gains metres not wastes tackles like duff and is stronger full stop. Bromwich is a great player he was our best forward with Norrie. How good is Neilsons defense!! Cant score a try to save his life but saves our lives alot in defense

Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote:did waqa play???

I was wondering about this on the way home last night. I thought Waqa and Thompson were both named on the bench for the game but I don`t remember either of them being on the field. I haven`t had time to check the replay yet so I assume I`ve got it wrong but I was beginning to think we`d played the game with a 2 man bench last night ???
Monsoon
Monsoon

Player ratings

Billy Slater - 8/10 - Great game in #200, was forced to overplay his hand afew times without Cronk but was sublime.
Matt Duffie - 6/10 - Some poor defensive reads but alot had to do with Beau planting his feet constantly.
Beau Champion - 2/10 - Release him now.
Dane Nielsen - 7/10 - Superb defence, made afew threatening runs, very consistent.
Anthony Quinn - 5/10 - Improved on last week's shocker but that turnover was almost unforgivable.
Gareth Widdop - 8/10 - I like this kid alot, filled in admirably, anyone else think he would make a great centre?
Cameron Smith - 9/10 - Legend, we are so lucky to have Cam he is unbelievable.
Sika Manu - 7/10 - Was looking ominous before his injury, returned late and defended like an animal!
Ryan Hinchcliffe - 7/10 - Another who just tackled everything that moved, takes the tough hit ups too.
Bryan Norrie - 6/10 - Was dominated most the night but he kept at it, 2nd stint he made some great charges.
Adam Blair - 6/10 - 1st half was woeful, 2nd half woke up and went hard.
Kevin Proctor - 7/10 - Kev is so good it's scary, the guy is just getting better and better and is just a pup still.
Rory Kostjasyn - 8/10 - Mr Everywhere, i thought he was outstanding, all round great game.
Jaiman Lowe - 7/10 - Got us going forward after a tough 1st 20 minutes, liking him more each week.
Jesse Bromwich 8/10 - Superstar, to do what he does at his age? I agree with Noa one of the best in the NRL.
Todd Lowrie - 7/10 - Impressive return, i'm normally critical of Todd but i thought he went well.
Sisa Waqa - DNP