storm vs eels offical game thread.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bourbon Rat wrote:THAT was a gutsy win !! Lyons & his sidekick did their best to gift the Eels the game.
When even commentators not known for their love of Storm question numerous dodgy calls,(within scoring range),you have to wonder.
STILL - Let's look at the REAL stats ;)
Eels - 2 converted tries + 3 penalty goals
Storm - 3 converted tries + 1 unconverted try

The boys seemed to struggle to get their rhythm both in attack & defence,but they stuck it out & came through the hard way.Sisa had a mare under the high ball,but redeemed himself I think by punching out that one last ball :lol:

BTW - I think a certain little Stormette owes her team another apology for doubting them :P
YES SALLY, :oops:
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

or maybe stormette needs to keep doing as it seems to be working in our favour
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

for the second week in a row i am sorry

Sorry i ever doubted that we couldnt do it...against all odds we did a souths and won the bloody game and i lost in tipping again

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

absentee wrote:I've never been prouder than I am right now. Can't get the smile off my face.
An 11-4 penalty count, an 18-0 scoreline against them, Cesar Waqa having the the worst game of his Melbourne tenure, Parra getting easy metres for 55 minutes of the match. And we STILL pull it out! :o :-D

MELBOURNE STORM YOU AMAZE ME! WHAT A COMEBACK FELLAS!
CAM SMITH=RUGBY LEAGUE GOD! :D

MELBOURNE STORM=THE TEAM YOU NEVER NEVER CAN WRITE OFF! O0

JF
PS:_ Fellas don't EVER do that to us fans again, you hear! :P

PS:- Cesar Waqa out of the side on Saturday methinks. :x :oops:
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Sisa was specifically targetted by the Eels but I think that will be addressed at training.He has now had his nightmare,(as have many brilliant Stormers).Be surprised if Craig dropped him.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

it was good to see warren smith give STORM credit and to admit that we had a really bad deal by the 2 blind mice in the middle.
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

stormy wrote:it was good to see warren smith give STORM credit and to admit that we had a really bad deal by the 2 blind mice in the middle.
I mean Jarrod Hayne gets shoulder charged & it is an automatic penalty, yet Cooper Cronk gets hit the same way & there was bugger all.

Jaymon Lowe gets pinged for laying on the tackled player when he had pulled back 3-4 seconds before.

And Sisa Waqa takes a ball in the in-goal when Slater didn't even touch it & the ref calls knock on. ??? :oops:

When the Sydney-based commentators were saying the Storm were hard done by, you know it must have been bad.

But we are Melbourne Storm. We will overcome! O0

JF
Monsoon
Monsoon

Waqa and champion wont see 1st grade again this year barring injury i believe, not that they are bad players, bobby and duff are just better.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Was hillarious watching the post match field side between a long time Eels fan commentator & Cooper,(who was being O SO diplomatic about field position & penalties).Also liked the straight talking from Hindy ;)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

2 points in the bank. Gallop will be getting nervous about booking his flight down to AAMI park to present the minor premiership. Get your *lima lima lima duck* gallop shirts out people.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'd prefer a deathly silence whilst Mr Trotter is on stage & holding the prize.
Then take the roof off when he hands it to the skipper ;)
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

WE ARE THE STORM and WE ARE NUMBER 1...
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

:-D Cool. Great effort guys. Can`t wait to watch the game !! :-D
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Norrie and Bromwiche, what an effort, OUTSTANDING!!
Slater and Smith!! WOW!!
Maurice Blair, Pure GOLD!!

Melbourne Storm! Definition of CHAMPIONS!!
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

I know its been said all ready but there was some really bad calls tonight - Even the way the ref would stand over the play the ball screaming at our players to get off the tackled player and then the refs are no where to be seen when they lay all over us -I am very angry after reading what Bill H said during the week and then the Refs came out and clearly affected our play - I think Qld's Coach Mals RANT about Rats in the NRL RANKS really applies to the way the NRL treat the storm - The Storm were brillant to over come a 19 man team out there tonight - WELL DONE Boys what a gutsy win ! Very Proud