2011 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

whats the status of bronson harrison and glen buttiris matt duffie was talking about them on twitter

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was actually thinking the same thing abut Harrison last night given he's been relegated to the bench with the emergence of papilli (sp) but he's contracted to 2014. Buttriss is up at the end of this year but i'm not sure we need another hooker, the bloke we have goes ok ;-)
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i seen on a forum that melbourne has been talking to david williams, this come out of left field for me and i dont believe it. maybe some kid dreaming
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Well the storm should be putting pen to paper with some one pretty soon - Bring on the signings

Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Offers have been made to Peni Terepo and Ava Seumanufagai from Parra. Terepo may have signed not sure on Ava.

Very, very nice KPI's from Terepo in NYC
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

I'd be happy with getting George Rose or Bronson Harrison on board (or both). Don't see either happening but I DEF rate 'em both...

I asked a while ago about Josh Jerome & no one seemed to really know the deal with him & his lack of playing time with the 'Bolts. I noticed this week he has been named to line up for Wynnum-Manly in the Qld Cup! Anyone know what the G-O is there? Is he no longer actually with us...? If not, that sucks, I really thought we had somethin in that kid :cry:
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Josh Jerome left the storm 2 months ago took up a contract to play with wynnm manly as thier centre and goal kicker is doing rather well too...i think he left manly because he wasnt getting a game and wouldve had to have left at the end of the yr anyway as he is 20

Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

According to The Age, the Storm will announce next week that Bryan Norrie has re-signed with the club until the end of 2013.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Happy to see Norrie re-sign. Good news. I found this article in the HS regarding Hoffy and now Will Chambers coming back

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/s ... 6090969184

If Hoffy`s fit I`ll be stoked to see him back in our colours. I`m not sure what to think about Chambers though. I know he had a lot of potential but I really think we`ve sort of got that area covered if we can keep our current roster. Would really like to see some signings/ re-signings ( particularly re-signings) soon but I suppose it`s all progressing behind the scenes
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hoffy seems to be settling into the groove with Finchy at Wigan,so I guess we'll have to wait n see.Strong hints coming from there that he may stay on.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bourbon Rat wrote:Hoffy seems to be settling into the groove with Finchy at Wigan,so I guess we'll have to wait n see.Strong hints coming from there that he may stay on.

They love him and hope he stays aswell as the other 2 Finch and Lima

http://www.wiganwarriorsfans.com/wigan/ ... c&o=728262
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... 1h6su.html

Here's the link to the Norrie story.

Good resigning :) I like his work ethic & he looks good in purple.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Dam, the Wigan fans really like Hoffman by the looks of it. More than how much we liked him, I would love too see him back if we can not keep Blair. Good too see big Bryan Norrie re-sign with us aswell, its such a good story!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

He does not need to sign a new contract to stay at Wigan. He signed last year for one year with an option to stay for two. So all has to do is tell they he is taking up the option to stay.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

chambers? he was rumoured to go to the dogs next year, then i thought he signed with a union side. the kennel guys didnt want him to go there...