Here we go again

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It's good to see Herald Sun putting a pro Melbourne spin on exactly the same story!

Tigers look like the sooks that Farah is being - complaining that the refs don't want to give him a penalty - when Tigers have received more penalties than any other team!

I don't know if being the second most penalised team is anything to gloat about, but it shows how stats can be used to make a point.
MELBOURNE Storm's rise to the top of the NRL ladder has not come through a red-carpet ride from the referees.

West Tigers captain Robbie Farah claimed illegal Storm tactics had gone unpunished in Melbourne's 12-4 win on Sunday at Leichhardt Oval.

Farah cried foul over Storm's defensive work around the ruck and said, "Refs don't want to give me a penalty any more", even though the Tigers received more penalties (11) than any other club in Round 15. The Tigers have been awarded more penalties (101) than any other team this season.

They were the only losing side to win the penalty count at the weekend.

In Storm's 11 wins this season, eight have come despite being on the wrong end of the penalty count.

Melbourne has won the count in only six of its 14 games, and it has been penalised 89 times, the second most in the NRL behind Penrith (98).

The Tigers' chorus of discontent continued, despite Storm forward Sika Manu's match-day report for a "crusher" tackle on Wests fullback Wade McKinnon being thrown out by the match review panel on Monday. . . .
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/no-fr ... 6079460544
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

waveydavey wrote:Must have been an autocue Bourbon, Farrah would never be able to string a sentance that long together without some help!!! :-D
THAT has to be the best post I have read for a long time..LMAO :swav:
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I don't know if being the second most penalised team is anything to gloat about, but it shows how stats can be used to make a point.
Possible positive spin................
This is due to other team's whining to the ref at every tackle to 'encourage' a penalty.
Thankfully this tactic is NOT 'practiced at training' in Melbourne,as it obviously is at Tigers,etc
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Maybe Storm should adopt headbutting and spear tackles into their game as they don`t seem to carry any penalties from the judiciary. How many times does Billy get tackled by about 3-5 players in every game? He seems to get vigorously man handled every game but he doesn`t seem to get looked after by the ref(it is that purple factor again)
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I sent an email to the League Lounge and told Brendan Cowell that if he wants to have a go at Storm then please don`t wave his flabby tuckshop arms around as how can anyone take anything he says seriously when we are distracted by them. Clearly not a sportsman so how can he comment on MY CHAMPION TEAM.(I even advised him to wear a long sleeved shirt for the show. T.Shirts REALLY highlight all his flabby bits.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Just when it seems that all of the media crap is starting again, something like this comes along to make me think that not all media members are inbred biased morons. It`s a shame it includes Manly as well be you can`t have everything... ;)

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 1gdmd.html
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Have to laugh :lol: It took that whining pussy Farrah less than 20 minutes to go sooking to the ref against the dogs.Meanwhile a number of the dogs players are already showing signs of blood from head shots ???
But the Tigers don't target the players heads do they ::)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

not officially...
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bourbon Rat wrote:Have to laugh :lol: It took that whining pussy Farrah less than 20 minutes to go sooking to the ref against the dogs.Meanwhile a number of the dogs players are already showing signs of blood from head shots ???

I think farah is becoming a serial whiner
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:
Bourbon Rat wrote:Have to laugh :lol: It took that whining pussy Farrah less than 20 minutes to go sooking to the ref against the dogs.Meanwhile a number of the dogs players are already showing signs of blood from head shots ???

I think farah is becoming a serial whiner
That is probably why Ricky Stuart picked Michael Ennis for Origin, Farah is a bit soft for Origin.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

robbie farah-(fawcett) is too soft for the game
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Wonder if they enforced something like THIS in the NRL it would quiet the serial whiners ?
But then......................
That would mean Gallop would have to grow a set of balls wouldn't it ::)
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

BR, Nathan Brown has been fined in the NRL for similar offences, including bitch slapping his own players on the sideline. haha
Craig Bellamy was fined a couple of times, and was even sued by the judiciary panel after Cam Smith was suspended in 2008, making him ineligible to play in the GF.
There was another coach who copped a couple of fines for speaking his mind also, just can't think of who?? Maybe Brian Smith or Des Hasler??

It seems refs don't like being criticized for doing a shit job. But I get what your saying and players like Farrah should be fined, or worse, also. Perhaps its Tim Sheens tactic to get Robbie to do his whining for him??

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

You know what's funny? A minute into the second half of the Dragons/Manly game, a Dragons player hit a Manly player with a tackle that looked a lot like Sika's so called crusher tackle. No reaction from the commentators, the crowd or the players. Really?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image