East Tigers/Cronulla Sharks 2011

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Um bad news east tigers just went down to Wynnum Manly 36-6 ewe
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

"Leon Panapa was able to salvage some scoreboard pride for the Tigers but it was a day to forget for Easts, with the Tigers also losing Melbourne Storm contracted winger Elijah Niko to a knee problem midway through the second half."

this on the storm website, anyone know how bad it is?
ethos03
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

storming wrote: anyone know how bad it is?
As far as I know it's nothing too serious and he'll be right to play against Mackay. Chisholm, Niko and Jaiman Lowe lining up for Easts.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

jaiman lowe mmm thats interesting

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

"jaiman lowe mmm thats interesting"

Maybe Thommo will be back next week?? Or maybe he just needs to improve his match fitness.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

they won 20-12 apprently jaiman lowe and elijah niko didnt get trys but where going through the oppisition

ethos03
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

All three Storm chaps were really good today.

Lowe carried defenders in each carry. Niko ran with more purpose than I've seen from him this season - he had this incredible 60m run off a scrum where he got through the first line of defence and then stepped around and barged his way past about 5 others, got dragged down just before the line though.

Chisholm played five-eighth, was a mixed bag considering it was his first game there for the club. Looked a bit lost at times but came up with some good stepping runs and long kicks. The coaches are keen to persist with him in that spot.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sharks lost 20-10 against lowly Manly, dissapointing. Gee Niko sounds the goods, can't be far off a debut.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ethos03 wrote:All three Storm chaps were really good today.

Lowe carried defenders in each carry. Niko ran with more purpose than I've seen from him this season - he had this incredible 60m run off a scrum where he got through the first line of defence and then stepped around and barged his way past about 5 others, got dragged down just before the line though.

Chisholm played five-eighth, was a mixed bag considering it was his first game there for the club. Looked a bit lost at times but came up with some good stepping runs and long kicks. The coaches are keen to persist with him in that spot.
He'll get better, was good very good there at NYC level and had some decent games at 7 last year in NSW Cup.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

im planning on cutting a weekend away with the wife half a day early so i can watch the tigers go around at pizzey park, hope niko and the boys have a good game!
ethos03
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

storming wrote:im planning on cutting a weekend away with the wife half a day early so i can watch the tigers go around at pizzey park, hope niko and the boys have a good game!
Hopefully the wife's ok with that.. :P

Just the two Storm guys named for Round 10, Niko on the wing and Chisholm at five-eighth. Not exactly sure what the story is with the likes of Kelly, Johnson and Lowe at the moment.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sharks won 26-18

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

rory was best on field playing hooker

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

rumour has it josh jerome and mahe fonua will be in brisbane this weekend possibly playing qcup anyone know if this is true??

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

well that info i was given was not actully true mahe is playing nyc and it only about josh....he has apprently left the storm and playing up in brissie now but i have no idea if its with east or another qcup team