Billy Slater article in the Sun

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:You're a real smart arse when someone has a differing opinion to you aren't you Michael?
Mate, give Changa all the what-if's in the world. Who's to say he'd be disciplined enough to make the most of the modern training techniques/facilities? (I'm sure he could, but what a dumbass argument you pose)
Billy does a hell of a lot more than just run a ball up from open space. Watch the game from behind goals and you will see the ground he covers to take nearly every opposition kick on the full. And he never stops talking and directing the team in defence. He's like the conductor of a symphony. Then he has that football brain, similar to Smithy's, where he can catch an offside defender off guard to award the team a penalty. There are many facets to his game that no other fb in the comp is doing, let alone Changa.
He is one of our best defenders and probably has saved as many try's as he has scored.
He would undoubtably be the fittest player in the NRL at his peak. Access to all the training science in the world cannot gaurantee you this attribute.
So there you go fan-boy

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
I can be be but when you pop in with such little regard or knowledge for 2 immortals you show your colours and deserve as such.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Of course it is impossible to compare eras and playing styles, but, one thing I'm sure we can all agree on is that Billy is far and away one of the most entertaining players to have played the game and to couple that quality with such consistency and high skill levels is truly amazing. Every time he touches the ball, people are on the edge of their seats waiting for something special to happen.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

I dont know who was better out of Churchill, Langlands and Slater but the fact we talk about comparisons between those 3 guys is enough really, he's up there with them.

Hasnt Slater been tremendous to watch over his career?

Exciting from day 1.