Storm v Warriors Anzac Clash game thread *spoilers*

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

poor atitude after Storm scored, defence was soft after that in the first half, They had a number of chances to score in the end, but just a bad night, they will recover.
heraldsun1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

The Warriors forwards ran hard onto the ball all night. I didn't see one of our forwards do that.

by the way did Proctor play?
Last edited by heraldsun1 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

heraldsun1 wrote:The Warriors forwards ran hard onto the ball all night. I didn't see one of our forwards do that.

by the way did Proctor play?
Yes he did... for the 1st 20 mins... a lot like some of the others that went MIA after that softening up period...

They might not have played that bad as stated above, but they didn't play to their potential. Doing that by drifting in & out of games like I said is what costs you games. You only have to look at the Dragons & Broncos to see the difference
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bottom line is we are away nearly every week after the soo series.

We cant afford to drop these.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
heraldsun1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Gee tackling those big Warriors forwards really took it out of us. Blair and Smith were spent with 20 minutes to go.
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

Huge crowd, great event and tradition, grey game ruined by below NRL standard refereeing.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The boys looked flat...a little lethargic.....lacking that usual spark and drive.

It seemed to me that the emotion and pain of the 12 month anniversary of that disasterous event on 22nd April 2010 may have finally caught up with some of the boys and the Club in general.

I am sure that the pain, hurt and draining emotion would be negatively infectious on the remainder of the team.

I was very proud of the boys.

Sure...a loss hurts in many ways however they are only human and I reckon despite the emotion of the anniversary, they did their very best to try to grind out a win. Many (most ?) other clubs would have imploded a loooooong time ago.

Not Melbourne Storm....all class from head to toe.

One missed try to the Storm was the difference...or maybe one ridiculous try for the Warriors that would have been played as a knock on in any other part of the field.

Go Storm 8)
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Melbourne & Bears wrote:Huge crowd, great event and tradition, grey game ruined by below NRL standard refereeing.
Made up in part of temporary Warriors fans who will be there next week in Storm colours cheering for the side which they booed & despised ::)
A pet HATE of mine :evil:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bourbon Rat wrote:
Melbourne & Bears wrote:Huge crowd, great event and tradition, grey game ruined by below NRL standard refereeing.
Made up in part of temporary Warriors fans who will be there next week in Storm colours cheering for the side which they booed & despised ::)
A pet HATE of mine :evil:

+1 Jeez that bugs the crap out of me
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

That was the warriors GF! For some reason they play their best game against us, probably won't win another all year.
I reckon our forwards did ok against those monsters. Remembering also that Woolly, Norrie and Vea were under injury clouds and hadn't trained.
Far too much dropped ball killed us tonight. Duffie, slater, Quinn and neilson all need super glue on hands.
Coops kicking game was woeful! He never went wide to open wingers on the last, and when've kicked out of our half it found their players every time.
Refereeing was definately the WORST I have seen for a long time.
Champion bombed two tries. First time he drew defenders but passed too late. Duffie then had about 1m to work with and got crunched. Next one was just greedy. I don't like to berate individuals when team plays shit but that effort was crap. He tried to slip through 3 defenders instead of passing to an open Duffie with 6m of free real estate between them= certain try.
Widdop's kick on the first was a good attempt at something different when everything else wasn't working. Slater was taken out but the shithouse refs missed it. All 4 of them ! I wonder if the replay shows this and if the co
Mentators picked it up??
Proctor played really well I thought. When on field he was into everything and almost made a couple of busts. Same great try saving tackles too. I can't believe some ppl on here have bagged him when I've picked him as my man of the match.
We need Sika and Thommo back

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
hughzy
Squall
Squall

when does sika nd thompson come back cause we need them?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

looks like rd 10 for both
Monsoon
Monsoon

We made 10 errors in the game.. ALL OF THEM by our 1-5!!!!!, plus they missed 8 tackles between them aswell. Really struggled in the backs i thought and was dissapointing not to get over the line after our forwards were clearly outmuscled but managed to keep us in the game with grit and determination. That Beau Champion hog with 5 minutes to go was just pathetic aswell, i heard he had problems linking up with outside men at souths too, we score that we proberbly win, your not a regular or a certainty champion just remember that, justin o'neill, tuú maori and sisa waqa especially are carving up in nsw cup...
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can I just re-iterate how annoying it is to see Duffman jump up for balls at an angle with his hands below head height.

He's costing himself at least a foot and a half.

Its also very annoying to me to see a ratio of about 15/1 kicks for Bill compared to Matt.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

We were bullied by a team that could sense fear.
Great crowd though. Was surprised to see there was 'only' 23,600. Seemed to be 26k easily.
A lot of first-game n00bs there last night, which is good. Hopefully they come back. Felt like an away game at stages.