Champion to Titans for 2 years...almost official

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

if twitter is any thing to go by beau is going to the titans.....he has challanged scott prince to a table tennis game at the centre of execlence
He can only do that if he is leaving our club

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
heraldsun1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hmmm i seem to recall a thread that was started a while back titled "Beau Pathetic" and then the title was changed.

I wonder what people think now?!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote:if twitter is any thing to go by beau is going to the titans.....he has challanged scott prince to a table tennis game at the centre of execlence
He can only do that if he is leaving our club

I hope your taking the piss Sally!! Twitter?? WTF!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No announcement on Friday as widely reported would happen by the media.

Will be fascinating to see if Craig retains Champion in 1st grade if he signs with the Titans.

I fully realise that it was only a 1 year deal with an option for 2 more years however as REPORTED by the media...it would seem that the Storm heirachy were very keen to create an environment by putting in place events and strategies that would encourage Champion to stay.

Craig may be a little peeved if he walks so soon.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I doubt it.

Ponissi said the other day they knew this may happen and there very comfortable with it.

A solid center like beau gives us a better chance of winning it all this year, this is Craigs primary goal deep inside I think.

Now before you say "no shit" , i just mean I suspect there is a very,very intense desire to win it all this year when most would have opted for a re-building year.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

I dont think bellamy will at all be upset about Beau leaving, thats just part of the game.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Michael :P wrote:I doubt it.

Ponissi said the other day they knew this may happen and there very comfortable with it.

A solid center like beau gives us a better chance of winning it all this year, this is Craigs primary goal deep inside I think.

Now before you say "no shit" , i just mean I suspect there is a very,very intense desire to win it all this year when most would have opted for a re-building year.
I suspect that you and Simo are correct.

For the record, I am disappointed Champion might be leaving because he has enormous upside but I will be more disappointed if a short term knee jerk reaction means that Cam, Coops and Billy (and all the others) don't have the BEST possible chance of winning the Premiership in 2011.

Doing whatever to win the competion this year should outweigh all other considerations imo.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed. While i'd like him to stay it just doesn't work out for some people and if they don't feel comfortable and happy in the enviroment it's better of for them and the team to move on. I'm sure Bellyache understands that and would have no trouble playing him if he decides to leave. You have to play your best possible team this year and not worry about next year and if Beau is in our best 17 which i believe he is then he must play and that goes for any player who is moving on IMO.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go storm im very serious with the twitter thing....last week matt duffie was talking about how much he loved melbourne and living with justin 2 days b4 it was announced he had re signed with the storm so if u read between the lines these guys are telling us b4 its announced

Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote:Go storm im very serious with the twitter thing....last week matt duffie was talking about how much he loved melbourne and living with justin 2 days b4 it was announced he had re signed with the storm so if u read between the lines these guys are telling us b4 its announced

I don't understand twitter. I think I suffer from oldmanitus and just can't seem to work it out. But also part of my condition makes me quite cynical when it comes to sportsmen/celebrities using their real identities on public forums/social networking sites, etc.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

i know it dont mean much but on the marathon forum site they are saying that champion HAS signed already?

im not fussed if he goes or stays because he is a good player but i also like the talent we have coming through the ranks aswell..

if its true.... goodluck beau
Last edited by storma01 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

i know it dont mean much but on the marathon forum site they are saying that champion HAS signed already?

im not fussed if he goes or stays because he is a good player but i also like the talent we have coming through the ranks aswell..

if its true.... goodluck beau
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

All but!
At this stage it probably looks like I won’t be staying in Melbourne beyond next season,” he told sportsnewsfirst.com.au from City Origin training.

“Either going to the Titans or coming back to Sydney or staying in Melbourne are the options I have in front of me.”

“It just feels like (Melbourne is) a temporary thing at the moment but hopefully wherever I end up I can settle in and try and settle down in my life.”

With a girlfriend of five months managing a clothing store in Sydney, she has had to make the commute down to Melbourne to visit Champion, adding to his unhappiness off the field.

“I’m a big believer in; if your life off the field is happy then life on the field will be happy as well,” Champion said.

“I wouldn’t say I regretted going down there, the off field stuff it just wasn’t me but the football side of things was the best I ever experienced.

“That’s going to be the hard part about making the decision to leave down there.

“(I hope) I can take the things I’ve learned in Melbourne to wherever I end up.”
http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/artic ... in-titans/
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Michael :P wrote:All but!
At this stage it probably looks like I won’t be staying in Melbourne beyond next season,” he told sportsnewsfirst.com.au from City Origin training.

“Either going to the Titans or coming back to Sydney or staying in Melbourne are the options I have in front of me.”

“It just feels like (Melbourne is) a temporary thing at the moment but hopefully wherever I end up I can settle in and try and settle down in my life.”

With a girlfriend of five months managing a clothing store in Sydney, she has had to make the commute down to Melbourne to visit Champion, adding to his unhappiness off the field.

“I’m a big believer in; if your life off the field is happy then life on the field will be happy as well,” Champion said.

I wouldn’t say I regretted going down there, the off field stuff it just wasn’t me but the football side of things was the best I ever experienced.“That’s going to be the hard part about making the decision to leave down there.

“(I hope) I can take the things I’ve learned in Melbourne to wherever I end up.”
http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/artic ... in-titans/
Off field stuff wasnt him??

What the hell is going on off field down in Melbourne that he doesnt like so much??
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone