East Tigers/Cronulla Sharks 2011

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
onlooker
Squall
Squall

In this picture you can see the Sharks tick(ish) thing has turned from back to purple also.

There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Results
Easts Tigers 16
Tries: Elijah Niko 2, Leon Panapa
Conversions: Matt Minto 2
Ipswich Jets 16
Cronulla Sharks 21
N Stapleton 2, R Leutele, T Maori tries, goals : N Stapleton 2
Drop Goals: T Smith
Central Coast Centurions 20
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

awesome work elijah i hope we get to see him this year. i rate qld over nsw cup standard too.

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

That's Rugby League myth #88

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
ethos03
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hey folks, I'm the media guy for Easts Tigers. I'll be at every match. so hoping to give you all a run down on how the Storm blokes fared each week..

Niko was the standout, a lot of the boys were impressed with how eagre he was to take hitups. His attitude was great. Didn't see much ball out wide, it was pelting down with rain but he steamrolled a few guys up the middle.Noticed he does have a tendency to come in off his wing in defence though.

Johnson played almost the whole first half, lots of carries and was probably the stand out forward in the first 40. Dropped a bit of ball in the second half though.

Chisholm was safe at the back in very testing weather, didn't really get a chance in open space.

Anyway, we're hoping to have some highlights from the game on our website over the next few days.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thanks ethos great stuff appreciate it. Glad to see Niko and Johnson went well

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

ethos03 wrote:Hey folks, I'm the media guy for Easts Tigers. I'll be at every match. so hoping to give you all a run down on how the Storm blokes fared each week..

Niko was the standout, a lot of the boys were impressed with how eagre he was to take hitups. His attitude was great. Didn't see much ball out wide, it was pelting down with rain but he steamrolled a few guys up the middle.Noticed he does have a tendency to come in off his wing in defence though.

Johnson played almost the whole first half, lots of carries and was probably the stand out forward in the first 40. Dropped a bit of ball in the second half though.

Chisholm was safe at the back in very testing weather, didn't really get a chance in open space.

Anyway, we're hoping to have some highlights from the game on our website over the next few days.
Thanks for that mate, be sure to leave a link to the highlights page please.

Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thanx E J,(?) you do good work
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
ethos03
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Bourbon Rat wrote:Thanx E J,(?) you do good work
My true identity has been revealed already.. :P
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Easts Tigers vs Redcliffe Dolphinsat Dolphin Oval - Saturday - 2pm
Storm Players: Chisholm, Niko, Johnson
1. Dane Chisholm
2. Paoa Faamita
3. Shane Neumann (c)
4. Liam Campbell
5. Elijah Niko
6. Isaac Kaufmann
7. Matt Minto
8. James Stosic
9. Geoff Holcombe
10. Mitchel Johnson
11. Fred Pakutoa
12. Steve Thorpe
13. Mark Offerdahl

14. Matt Zgrajewski
15. Liufau Hala
16. Leon Panapa
17. McKanah Gibson

Cronulla Sharks vs Auckland Vulcans. Saturday 1pm Mt Smart #2
Storm Players: Vea, Blair, Waqa, Maori
1. Isaac Gordon
2. Nathan Stapleton
3. Ricky Leutele
4. Tu’u Maori
5. Sisa Waqa
6. Maurice Blair
7. Tim Smith
8. Andrew Clayton
9. Stuart Flanagan
10. Siosaia Vave
11. Atelea Vea
12. Trent Grubb
13. Taulima Tautai

14. Joel Tubbs
15. Kose Lelei
16. Ryan Tongia
17. Matt Parata
19. Dane Snelson
ethos03
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Melbourne & Bears wrote: Thanks for that mate, be sure to leave a link to the highlights page please.
Better late than never..

Here a link to our highlights page which will take to the video courtesy of BigPond and the QRL.

http://www.thetigers.com.au/index.php?o ... &Itemid=48
ethos03
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Fizer wrote:Easts Tigers vs Redcliffe Dolphinsat Dolphin Oval - Saturday - 2pm
It's live on ABC television for those in Queensland.
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

ethos03 wrote:
Melbourne & Bears wrote: Thanks for that mate, be sure to leave a link to the highlights page please.
Better late than never..

Here a link to our highlights page which will take to the video courtesy of BigPond and the QRL.

http://www.thetigers.com.au/index.php?o ... &Itemid=48
Thanks mate.

storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

just caught the last 20 mins of the easts game, they lost by 4 and had a sideline try disallowed after the final siren by the 11, he was strong and did a lot of good stuff at the end.
johnson got a try, a penalty 5m out and he tapped and went and 3 guys couldnt stop him getting over the line, he did some strong stuff but was out on his feet defending then got taken off.
i didnt see niko playing but looked like their centre was playing wing, anyone know what happened?
dane Chisholm what i seen wasnt very flash, he might have done some good stuff in the first 60 mins but i didnt see anything good from him at all.
ethos03
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

storming wrote:just caught the last 20 mins of the easts game, they lost by 4 and had a sideline try disallowed after the final siren by the 11, he was strong and did a lot of good stuff at the end.
johnson got a try, a penalty 5m out and he tapped and went and 3 guys couldnt stop him getting over the line, he did some strong stuff but was out on his feet defending then got taken off.
i didnt see niko playing but looked like their centre was playing wing, anyone know what happened?
dane Chisholm what i seen wasnt very flash, he might have done some good stuff in the first 60 mins but i didnt see anything good from him at all.
Was a tough match, hot weather and a big 10 metres - both sides were quite fatigued at the end.

The three Storm guys weren't all that flash to be honest. Johnson wasn't that involved, Chisholm lacked spark and made a costly error at the end that gave Redcliffe the ball for set of their match winner. Niko went off injured in the first half - he went up for a bomb and appeared to get a knee in the hip. Looked like it would have been cork but I guess we'll find out more.