NYC 2011

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Great win today our back row played great. I thought Griffin went great at hooker and his defence was good. Hampton and McGahan are going to be a great combination together. Williame had one of the better games I have seen him play. Should be a good test next week away vs the Cowboys.
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

Very impressive win by the boys today, was impressed with most of the team, special mention to Victorian junior Mahe Fonua, also hampton, McGahan, Freeman and Griffith, Matt Smith will need to improve a lot.

Can't wait to see them in the felsh.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stats

Brayden Wiliame - 158m/10runs
Matt McGahan - 1 try, 2 try asissts, 17tackles/1miss, 1lb
Ben Hampton - 4runs/131m, 2 try assists, 1lb
Karl Davies - 14runs/133m, 19tackles - impressive young prop
K-Bro - 11runs/125m, 29tackles , 3offloads, 1lb

Stat-Ho of the week
Krys Freeman - 21runs/2233m :shock2: , 22tackles, 2 lb

...special mention to Matt Constantinou and Jesse Parete. Matt had by far his best game at this level and Jesse, despite having the physique of a 10 year-old boy, went terrific. Cant wait to see how he goes after another off season
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Slade Griffen - 116m/11runs , 30tackles - progressing nicely
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The FG training for Benny & Mahe is showing...great to see. Think Eddie has improved too or is it that Mahe is no longer giving him those 50/50 passes...even tho he looks like he's about too a lot of the time but reigns himself in.... :thumbright:
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The biggest improver from last year I think is Brayden Wiliame...he's a monster now and as such the physicality of his game has improved about 1000%.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Michael :P wrote:Stats

Brayden Wiliame - 158m/10runs
Matt McGahan - 1 try, 2 try asissts, 17tackles/1miss, 1lb
Ben Hampton - 4runs/131m, 2 try assists, 1lb
Karl Davies - 14runs/133m, 19tackles - impressive young prop
K-Bro - 11runs/125m, 29tackles , 3offloads, 1lb

Stat-Ho of the week
Krys Freeman - 21runs/2233m :shock2: , 22tackles, 2 lb

...special mention to Matt Constantinou and Jesse Parete. Matt had by far his best game at this level and Jesse, despite having the physique of a 10 year-old boy, went terrific. Cant wait to see how he goes after another off season
nrlstats.com
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Michael :P wrote:The biggest improver from last year I think is Brayden Wiliame...he's a monster now and as such the physicality of his game has improved about 1000%.
Yeh, think so too.
Re Eddie - just meant he got such bum passes on occasion last year from Mahe's last minute brain explosions (has become more disciplined) that the guy couldn't get that many chances. Better opps this year.
Really excited to see the team play so well - their defence - who would've thought after last year. Amazing what another pre-season & a year older can do. Saw the improvement in the last few games of 2010 & they've come on so well since.
Great recruitment in key areas Storm can pick em! Everyone talks about clubs wanting players, Bellyache, etc - I say hang on to Darren Bell at all costs!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Fonua is a F***ing star in waiting, if we let this kid go we are insane, going to be an NRL superstar in afew years. Also think williame, hampton, griffen and bromwich have the goods to play NRL one day.
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

Kenneath is better then Jesse, at least when comparing their last wells performances. Although they are up against different quaility of oppsoition, NRL to NYC level.

Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote:Fonua is a F***ing star in waiting, if we let this kid go we are insane, going to be an NRL superstar in afew years. Also think williame, hampton, griffen and bromwich have the goods to play NRL one day.
Can't see us letting Fonua go, he is likely to be the first Victorian born and bred player to play for the Storm. He did spend a couple of years in Canberra (2008 - 2009) but was born here and represented Vics Under 15s and Under 18s.

As mentioned by someone else Williame has improved immensely from last year and agree re: Hampton, Grififn and Bromwich. I also like McGahan especially considering he is only 17 (until 21 April).
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:
1999 wrote:Fonua is a F***ing star in waiting, if we let this kid go we are insane, going to be an NRL superstar in afew years. Also think williame, hampton, griffen and bromwich have the goods to play NRL one day.
Can't see us letting Fonua go, he is likely to be the first Victorian born and bred player to play for the Storm. He did spend a couple of years in Canberra (2008 - 2009) but was born here and represented Vics Under 15s and Under 18s.

As mentioned by someone else Williame has improved immensely from last year and agree re: Hampton, Grififn and Bromwich. I also like McGahan especially considering he is only 17 (until 21 April).
Yeah, Fonua is here to stay, going to make a great wide-running back-rower in a year or two.

And Ive got no doubt Scooter that McGahan will be the best player to come from the NYC team (along with Tohu). At the same age no other player in the squad was near the level he is already at.
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

I can't wait until the boys play in Sydney, I'm not sure if I can make it round 6 out in Penrith but I will definitely make an attempt to get there.

Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Team for the Cowboys.
1. Sean Loxley
2. Eddie Fa'amausili
3. Brayden Wiliame
4. Mahe Fonua
5. Ryan Pooley
6. Matt McGahan
7. Ben Hampton
8. Zac Moi Moi
9. Slade Griffin
10. Karl Davies
11. John Leiataua
12. Krys Freeman
13. Kenneath Bromwich
14. Josh Jerome
15. Damian Sironen
16. Jarome Wilson
17. Matt Constantinou
Jordan McLean - Injury - Hamstring - Round 14
Robert Kurth - Injury - Ankle - Season
Tohu Harris - Injury - Shoulder - Round 14
Kirisome Auva'a - Suspended - Striking - Round 5
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Josh Jerome on the bench, strange choice.

I guess he'll come on to spell Slade Griffen e.g. Freeman > 9, Mahe > backrow , Josh > center