Storm/Warriors moved to Sunday

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

I remember people having a go at Gallop in this very thread about how he 'dropped the ball' and is a shit leader. Gallop would of had to had something to do with changing the game back to the Monday night and keeping the tradition alive, since all match switches must be requested through the NRL itself. So far their have been no apologies or thank yous toward Gallop. So the question here is, whose too arrogant to not apologies or take back what they said and who is not, who is also game enough to admit they went off early without knowing all the facts or reasons behind the original move and who here has the guts to thank the NRL for something they complained about not having when it was potentially taken away from them.

For starters I am one, thank you Gallop and the NRL for making this tradition survive.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

We can also thank David Furner the canberra raiders coach for putting his hand up if the NRL wanted to reschedule his team to Sunday.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Melbourne & Bears wrote:I remember people having a go at Gallop in this very thread about how he 'dropped the ball' and is a shit leader. Gallop would of had to had something to do with changing the game back to the Monday night and keeping the tradition alive, since all match switches must be requested through the NRL itself. So far their have been no apologies or thank yous toward Gallop. So the question here is, whose too arrogant to not apologies or take back what they said and who is not, who is also game enough to admit they went off early without knowing all the facts or reasons behind the original move and who here has the guts to thank the NRL for something they complained about not having when it was potentially taken away from them.

For starters I am one, thank you Gallop and the NRL for making this tradition survive.
You've got to be kidding!!! Even if Gallop did have something to do with the EVENTUAL switch of the game (back to where it should've been to start with), he's got a loooooooong way to go before I (or most Storm/RL fans) apologise to him for anything!
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Insomniac wrote:
Melbourne & Bears wrote:I remember people having a go at Gallop in this very thread about how he 'dropped the ball' and is a shit leader. Gallop would of had to had something to do with changing the game back to the Monday night and keeping the tradition alive, since all match switches must be requested through the NRL itself. So far their have been no apologies or thank yous toward Gallop. So the question here is, whose too arrogant to not apologies or take back what they said and who is not, who is also game enough to admit they went off early without knowing all the facts or reasons behind the original move and who here has the guts to thank the NRL for something they complained about not having when it was potentially taken away from them.

You've got to be kidding!!! Even if Gallop did have something to do with the EVENTUAL switch of the game (back to where it should've been to start with), he's got a loooooooong way to go before I (or most Storm/RL fans) apologise to him for anything!
LOL

even if you are wrong you won't apologies?

That's pretty low.

Thanks Gallop for not being a arsehole and blocking the move like you have to other clubs for other reasons.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

onlooker wrote:
Insomniac wrote:

LOL

even if you are wrong you won't apologies?

That's pretty low.

Thanks Gallop for not being a arsehole and blocking the move like you have to other clubs for other reasons.
One no-brainer decision from that Tool does not make up for the plethora of ridiculous decisions he/his puppeteers have made, so no, I would not "apologies"/apologise to him for anything... (even IF I was wrong)

Although I didn't even comment on this issue to begin with (because nothing surprises me with the NRL these days), I don't believe anyone that did comment needs to apologise either - their comments were valid for the decision that was made at the time, as well as the cumulative decisions that have been made by Gallop/NRL up to this point (see TV rights deal as Surandy correctly pointed out). Again, one no-brainer decision doesn't erase a long history of bad decisions. Sure, say "thanks" for finally making the right call if you must, but "sorry", I don't think so. [/end rant]
onlooker
Squall
Squall

The NRL and Gallop did not originally put the game on Sunday, many peopled blamed him for it though. It doesn't matter why it wasn't their decision or not, the fact is it wasn't and anger should of been directed to those who were responsible for it.

I agree with M & B, if you have enough guts to off then at least back it up with an apology when it changes or when you are incorrect. Anybody who does not do this is a low person who fires at will but is very clueless to what actually has happened. But whatever, it is much easier to all blame a figure head that you haven't meet every time something goes wrong then get it right.

You may have not commented before it, probably means you shouldn't of answered M & B's post, but others did. Lets see how good of people these guys are or are they keyboard heroes.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

???
Never been a fan of David Gallop,(going back to his time as a sleazy NEWS LTD lawyer) & he's never done anything of note to change my opinion of him.
I think it's a bit rich to ask Storm fans to apoligise to a man who has repeatedly put the boot into people at the club regardless of whether HE had the facts or not.

My personal opinion is that the professional arm of the sport will never move forward with purpose whilst he is it's figurehead.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

onlooker wrote:The NRL and Gallop did not originally put the game on Sunday, many peopled blamed him for it though. It doesn't matter why it wasn't their decision or not, the fact is it wasn't and anger should of been directed to those who were responsible for it.
You're funny... you just stated the very reason why anger should be directed at NRL/Gallop - they whored out the game to the (part owner) TV broadcasters, rather than keeping control of it and making scheduling arrangements for the good of the game and the fans.

If given the power, of course Fox/CH9 are going to pick the games & timeslots that will rate highest for them, over the 'tradition' or significance of events (or fairness of TV exposure). The broadcasters should not have that power to begin with, thus the blame/anger being directed at them.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

This is now an hilarious thread.

Onlooker and Melbourne + Bears are either the same bloke, or both share the same sense of humour or are both News Ltd trolls or all of the above.

I can't stop myself laughing. You actually want us to thank Gallop?

Maybe we should also be thanking him for the privilege of at least being to access free-to-air coverage in the early hours of the morning, thank him for negotiating such a poor tv rights outcome last time, thank him for determining the Storms penalties without following due process, thank him for making up these rules as he goes along, thank him for allowing bulldog players to take pay cuts in 2003 to remain inside the cap, but banning the storm from doing the same in 2010 meaning we had no chance of playing for points, thank him for providing such poor funding to Ian Schubert and his team of 1 in managing the salary cap, despite the cap being so vital to the entire competition, thank him for coming to Melbourne to speak with players and fans? Thank him for being a very average CEO, whose sport has done well despite his glaringly obvious lack of strategic direction, leadership and dare I say it, charisma.

I have so much to thank him for I really don't know where to start!

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

+ what he said! :-D
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

+2 what he said!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Brian
Squall
Squall

(post made by 486 dx4)
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i think the clown has made some better decisions over the last 6 months than he usually does, but i could still never apologise no matter the reason to the guy that continually spreads the clubs cheeks and f**ks us over at ever opportunity he gets!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

+4 to what Diehard Storm said. NB: I'm presuming Brian meant to post a +3
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Insomniac wrote:
onlooker wrote:The NRL and Gallop did not originally put the game on Sunday, many peopled blamed him for it though. It doesn't matter why it wasn't their decision or not, the fact is it wasn't and anger should of been directed to those who were responsible for it.
You're funny... you just stated the very reason why anger should be directed at NRL/Gallop - they whored out the game to the (part owner) TV broadcasters, rather than keeping control of it and making scheduling arrangements for the good of the game and the fans.

If given the power, of course Fox/CH9 are going to pick the games & timeslots that will rate highest for them, over the 'tradition' or significance of events (or fairness of TV exposure). The broadcasters should not have that power to begin with, thus the blame/anger being directed at them.
No its not, that why i said it.

Its good to have an 'us' vs 'them', but to be knowing wrong and acting like this ... well that is a personality trait. One that does shine lightly unless surround by other 'same-thinking' supporters. Again, easier to hate a figure head then find the real problem.