Are the Rebels a Threat to Melbourne Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sydney supporters don`t really go to any games in Sydney. During the season some games between 2 sydney clubs only get about 11000. That is pretty pi.. poor I think
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It would be interesting to see if having no Rebels game on the weekend affects the crowds. I know Union fans who support Storm and would go to quite a few games - not always as a member. You would think that these would attend Rebel and not Storm on one weekend.

I was slightly disappointed with the crowd numbers. Then I thought it was a long weekend (I would have been away if it wasn't the Storm's first home game), and the Rebels game on Friday. I was comparing to last years season opener, but then Storm had just one a premiership - which should count for a thousand or more extra attending.

Some said that the salary cap issue raised the profile of Storm, but I think you can see what it has cost in attendance.

Don't want to be negative, it was a great crowd and better atmosphere than last year in my opinion. - and damn HOT.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I was at the Storm game on Saturday and the guy who was sitting next to me was talking about the Rebels and bragging they had over 16,000 members.

Does anyone know if that is true? That would be a massive effort considering their memberships are so expensive.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While i was slightly dissapointed with the crowd and was hoping for more last week, i forgot all about in being Moomba and the long weekend as well so i don't think it's unfair to say that those things wouldn't have helped.
onlooker
Squall
Squall

CooperCronk wrote:I was at the Storm game on Saturday and the guy who was sitting next to me was talking about the Rebels and bragging they had over 16,000 members.

Does anyone know if that is true? That would be a massive effort considering their memberships are so expensive.
I'm not buying that.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

They had 6,000 last time I checked, that was about 3 weeks ago.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Must have pulled the good ol union calculator out.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

In that case I'll have to apply 'tech head' logic :lol:

Storm Facebook page - 60,420 people like this

Rebels Facebook page - 8,724 people like this

OOPS ::)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Michael :P wrote:Must have pulled the good ol union calculator out.
;D
KingFD
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

CooperCronk wrote:I was at the Storm game on Saturday and the guy who was sitting next to me was talking about the Rebels and bragging they had over 16,000 members.
"Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaate ya dreaming." would have been my response. 16,000 members, ha!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cooper Cronk, tell him to suck a fart and go watch his game of bum sniffing. What sort of a wanker attends a Storm game bragging about the Rebels?
Personally I liked the crowd on Sat night. One of the best things about AAMI Park is that you can still move around, have a piss, get a beer, etc. without excessive crowding. Ever tried to do these things at a near capacity MCG or Etihad at an AFL match? Large crowds are completely overrated.
And 15k true Storm fans, and loud one's at that, is far better than last years and the Rebel's rent-a-crowds.
As for heat. Round 1 a few years ago against the Warriors at Etihad under a closed roof was harsh on a 43 degree day
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I remember that game - they had the fire cannons going as well!! We could have roasted marshmallows