2011 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote:Going by this Sisa is still playing for contract, and not signed yet

http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=165747
I think even if he doesn't land a contract, he'll stay in Melbourne anyway just to be Sikas kava drinking buddy :lol:
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well congrats Sisa

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/f ... 6014950249

Fijian flyer Sisa Waqa has eye on car after signing Melbourne Storm deal
SISA Waqa can stop catching the tram and start thinking about buying a car after securing a one-year contract with Melbourne Storm.
The Fijian winger moved his wife and two young sons to Melbourne after being offered a three-month trial with Storm and has impressed enough in training and three practice games to secure a longer stay.

Waqa, who is moving to Point Cook tomorrow after living in the city since December, said he would still be relying on lifts from teammates for a while but the security of a one-year deal could mean he bought himself a vehicle soon.

The former Fiji rugby international, and SWAT team member, was glad his decision to come to Melbourne had paid off.

"I was a bit worried before the Canberra trial, whether I would get a contract or not, so I was really happy when I came in and they told me," Waqa said yesterday.

"It had been a struggle financially. I only had a short-term deal, which was enough to live on but only for three months.

"This deal is better, for me and my family.

"I had a Plan B. I would have gone back to Sydney to play club rugby and work during the week at the club there and try and get back into the Fiji team.

"But this was where I wanted to be. I want to play first-grade and hopefully I get the chance."

Waqa will earn about $50,000, plus match payments should he play first-grade, this season, and his signing completes Storm's first-grade roster at 32 players.

"We won't be signing anyone else for the season," Storm football manager Frank Ponissi said.

"Sisa has worked very hard, done everything we have asked and, given he is proven at first-grade level after six games for the Roosters (in 2009), he could turn into a good signing."

Waqa is likely to be Storm's back-up winger, despite pre-season injury troubles creating selection headaches for coach Craig Bellamy, particularly in the outside backs
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I hope he does well if given a run.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

this season just got even more interesting. i want to see if sisa coleman can walk the walk
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good Luck Sisa. We will all be HOPING you do well.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

there is no article but i was talking to elijah niko and he said his bother has signed with the thunderbolts....he arrives next week to proberly won play rd 1
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Kenny Niko
Second row/loose forward/prop
DOB: 02/11/1992 - 18 years.
Height: 192 cms
Weight: 104 kgs

Previous Clubs:
Mount Wellington Warriors

Notes:
Younger brother of Vodafone Junior Warriors regular Elijah Niko. Hawke's Bay product who has linked up with Mount Wellington since being signed by the Vodafone Warriors. His favourites are: Butter chicken (food), Raw (television show), Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins (movie), techno, R&B and wrestling theme songs (music).
He has good size and is eligible for two years and we can always use forwards in the 20s.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wow, could be a big pick-up if true. Goes better then his brother doesnt he.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Michael :P wrote:Wow, could be a big pick-up if true. Goes better then his brother doesnt he.
I remember reading something like that when we signed his brother saying that Kenny was going to be better.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

did anyone see the new league show on one hd? they talked about the adam blair rumour, that his asking price is $500,000 and no other teams think he is worth that, but apparently bulldogs and eels are willing to pay it. and a sydney club are trying to offload a player because of breaking the salary cap. interesting to see how that pans out.
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

Those rumours are the biggest crap in history.
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Melbourne & Bears wrote:Those rumours are the biggest crap in history.
Yeah, i agree. Sounded like somebody took something of reality and tweak a little bit to make them seem 'shocking', probably to get more viewers thinking 'these guys have connections'. Not surprising that they didn't show the face of the guy who said the rumours, sure most viewers would take that as part of the 'entertainment' factor but i bet its to save their arses from law suits.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

$500 k?? over how many years? i could see his worth at 500 over 2 years.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

per year apparently. tell him hes dreaming
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote:per year apparently. tell him hes dreaming
at 500k a season.......well..... :hello2: .....Adam Blair.

Nice knowing you.