2011 Memberships

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The only big change I noticed was that now woth family membership you can change add/change the number of children. In the pass, under Waldron, family membership had to be two adults/two children. I have been filling out surveys and writing to the club for years, telling them that families are not always two and two. Now they listen and none of my children are not under 15 anymore.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

glennb wrote:The only big change I noticed was that now woth family membership you can change add/change the number of children. In the pass, under Waldron, family membership had to be two adults/two children. I have been filling out surveys and writing to the club for years, telling them that families are not always two and two. Now they listen and none of my children are not under 15 anymore.
That change occurred in the 2010 memberships.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Maybe I have read the "After Party" wrong...

My understanding is that we have access to purchase tickets to upto 3 after parties in 2011...

In other words there would still be 12/13 after parties and as a member I have the choice to attend 3 of those
in the year for an agreed price...

Anyway that is my understanding... I have yet to go over it fully nor have I spoken with staff to clarify my thinking...

***** Just read Surandy post lower - Re: facebook... but given it is facebook its hard to be sure that the comments
were made from a Storm Staffer .... So when I call to purchase my membership I will clarify with them what it means *****
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Further to my post last night I spoke with the Storm Membership people who were very helpful and professional in there service.

I was informed that there would only be 3 after parties which are open to various membership for an extra fee.

The venue has to be decided upon according to numbers -
I did say so if 8,000 members wish to come you will endevor to accomodate that and the response was yes.

So I guess we have to wait and see....

It is very sad that the things that formed the foundation of this club, back in 98 at the betting ring after parties
at Olympic Park seems to have been lost forever. This is were away trips were planned, friendships were made and lost,
stories were told and where the Storm Family could come together as one no matter where you lived, what type of
membership you had or how famous you thought you were... where players told jokes, photos were taken and
people formed the Storm Family that this club has been built on.....

I also know it is a business and things always move forward and change but not always for the better......
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

StormFront wrote: It is very sad that the things that formed the foundation of this club, back in 98 at the betting ring after parties
at Olympic Park seems to have been lost forever. This is were away trips were planned, friendships were made and lost,
stories were told and where the Storm Family could come together as one no matter where you lived, what type of
membership you had or how famous you thought you were... where players told jokes, photos were taken and
And the basis which many used to sell the nature of our club & code to the people of Melbourne
StormFront wrote: I also know it is a business and things always move forward and change but not always for the better......
Alas what appears to be 'a good idea' for the bottom line is sometimes the death of an effective future.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

StormFront wrote: It is very sad that the things that formed the foundation of this club, back in 98 at the betting ring after parties
This^

Johnsy chucking his Gold Card on the bar, back for celebratory drinks at Molly's, hanging out with Moules and Matty at the pub in Carlton, Danny ringing up to find out if I'd re-signed my membership yet, birthdays, weddings and election parties with the Baistanders (looking for a lost Stormgirl up Hawthorn Rd :o ), a bunch of us dancing through the park after a victory or trudging down Swan St after a defeat, Rusty and Roarts' farewell party, cheering Marcus off after his last home game (watching Lazzo toe-poke it over in his :lol: ). Pre season games at Morwell, Albury and Wagga, or bumping into Reebs in Brisbane last year and have him come up to me and say g'day. Tempest teasing Robbie Kearns mercilessly at the after party at Docklands and MG ringing Silkin to congratulate her on the new bub. Standing on the turf at OP talking to a young kid named Billy (who had just scored 5 tries in a pre-season game) and to his mate Cooper in 2003; shy as, they were hoping they might be fortunate enough to maybe play a few first grade games.

That's just a small sample of memories.

What was and will not ever be again....
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

TC wrote:
This^

Johnsy chucking his Gold Card on the bar, back for celebratory drinks at Molly's, hanging out with Moules and Matty at the pub in Carlton, Danny ringing up to find out if I'd re-signed my membership yet, birthdays, weddings and election parties with the Baistanders (looking for a lost Stormgirl up Hawthorn Rd :o ), a bunch of us dancing through the park after a victory or trudging down Swan St after a defeat, Rusty and Roarts' farewell party, cheering Marcus off after his last home game (watching Lazzo toe-poke it over in his :lol: ). Pre season games at Morwell, Albury and Wagga, or bumping into Reebs in Brisbane last year and have him come up to me and say g'day. Tempest teasing Robbie Kearns mercilessly at the after party at Docklands and MG ringing Silkin to congratulate her on the new bub. Standing on the turf at OP talking to a young kid named Billy (who had just scored 5 tries in a pre-season game) and to his mate Cooper in 2003; shy as, they were hoping they might be fortunate enough to maybe play a few first grade games.

Oh those memories (and more) and the emotions they bring.

Well said guys!
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tigger wrote:
TC wrote:
This^

Oh those memories (and more) and the emotions they bring.

Well said guys!

The good old days eh... more than likely lost forever unless someone (perhaps a new CEO) takes note of these comments...
I really don't think those in the front office now have any idea of how much the past has played for the die hards like us.

BTW - Thanks for the memories TC lol
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hailstorm wrote: BTW - Thanks for the memories TC
You're welcome. That's just a small sample of many great memories.

BTW, thanks for patching my leg up after I carved it open while we were looking for Dee on that election night.

Wonder if Buzz ever got the blood out of the carpet? :o
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

OK we got the memberships....now can we get the new profiles up. They were up 11 days ago this time last year ???
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

TC wrote:
Hailstorm wrote: BTW - Thanks for the memories TC
You're welcome. That's just a small sample of many great memories.

BTW, thanks for patching my leg up after I carved it open while we were looking for Dee on that election night.

Wonder if Buzz ever got the blood out of the carpet? :o
haha, i completely forgot about that though I don't recall if i did anything to help.

Buzz would have to answer that question. I'd say probably not lol.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Michael :P wrote:OK we got the memberships....now can we get the new profiles up. They were up 11 days ago this time last year ???
Michael P ask and you shall receive, the new profiles are up. Although there is no profile of Beau Champion yet. As far as I can see there are profiles of all other recruits / new members of first grade squad eg M. Blair, Hawkins, Johnson, Lowe, Maori, Niko etc.

They just need to add Champion's profile and update / add to the Under 20's profiles.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:lol: thats about three times now Ive requested something and we've got it :shock2:

Best looking profile pics yet btw, shirts look really smart.
40-20
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I'm honestly considering not renewing.

I can only make about half of the matches, meaning attending using General Admission tickets is actually cheaper. The extras added to the membership have not really given me any incentive to feel like I am part of the team. A purple hat (which never fits...) doesn't cut it. I feel the club has lost the community atmosphere (except for what we make ourselves at a game). I'll reconsider at round one and hope that it feels right but at this stage the membership packages are such a disappointment that I think I won't renew.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Profiles do look great, but they have Cooper Cronk's birthday wrong. Wonder what is wrong?