Watch what you say!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

steaming stormer wrote:so people here actually think that the CEO is actually in charge of getting out memberships???
Absolutely he is. The CEO is the senior manager in charge of the day-to-day running of the business. Ultimately he signs off on the business plan and is responsible for implimenting the business strategy as approved by the board of directors. In other words; the buck stops with him.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Look. Ron doesn't have my confidence thus far. He needs to harden the lima lima lima duck up. He is taking over a very, very tough position for which you were ALWAYS going to cop criticism from all over!

They've finally got around to pulling their finger out in regards to membership, go out and chase sponsors and start rebuilding our image! When you've done that go and chase this bloke all you want. It my be a "personal" matter that takes up his own time and money but like it or not his actions are impacting on the club's image even more than this Koo fella...
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

steaming stormer wrote:so people here actually think that the CEO is actually in charge of getting out memberships???

He would sign off on them and that is all
I apologize in advance for causing offense but this is without doubt the dumbest comment I've ever read on the Internet...

As I said - sorry.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Diehard_Storm wrote:

He would sign off on them and that is all
I apologize in advance for causing offense but this is without doubt the dumbest comment I've ever read on the Internet...

As I said - sorry.
Dumbest comment you've read on the internet?

You don't read much I take it. ;)
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The media only write with the spin they want to push...

There is so much more to this story .......

People need to use common sense and logic ...

Oh well people believe what they want to believe in the end...

I am here to support the Team, a Team I love and have followed since day 1....
Maybe we should focus on that and not let the media infest this club any further with the BS they often write ....
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Of course the buck stops with him, but the reason there is a membership department is to create the details. That's what a membership manager does.
Diehard, surely you don't think the CEO actually performs every task the business does? His job is to oversee it, and of coursehe would have been aware of the timeframe, but the point I'm getting at is that this case had NO bearing on the creation of membership packages taking so long
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

StormFront wrote:The media only write with the spin they want to push...

Maybe we should focus on that and not let the media infest this club any further with the BS they often write ....
:? Maybe that would explain the constant use of the phrase
"Getting it Right" & last years corporate buzz phrase which has now raised it's ugly head "Getting it Right 1st time".Both are attributed to Gauci in todays Herald Sun. NEITHER of these jingo based items worked successfully for businesses last year .
Of even more concern for me was a phrase used in relation to finding a NEW main sponsor.
Gauci said he had been looking outside the "traditional" sports sponsorship market for backers and while increasing club revenue remained a priority,he would not settle for a second-rate deal
Have to wonder how our current sponsors viewed that description ?
JAYCO - SUZUKI - MAKITA - KOOGA
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Sorry Rach, but I can't agree.
It has taken the management months longer than any other club to come up with a pretty hit-and-miss bunch of membership options; some look pretty good and with others you get (at one end of the scale) not much more for a lot more money, and (at the other) 5 games for $15. And all of the options are at above average cost.

As you know I have been there since the beginning as well, and I still support the team and players as much as ever. However I - like many others - am becoming more and more disenfranchised with the club and mourn the days of Reebs and Johnsy when the fans actually mattered.

Honestly, I'd rather chuck my 300-odd dollars at the local juniors and pay each game for general admission.

Go Moranbah Miners. Image
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

We knew that Waldron was an AFL man and plenty have wondered if he was deliberately working behind the scenes to undermine the club to the benefit of the AFL.

Given the head start Gauci has allowed the Rebels it makes me wonder if he's a Union man wanting the Rebels to take over Storm's sport on the Melbourne sporting landscape.

Memberships out well after everyone else, continued demolition of the things that made our club great to support, ie the social aspect of the club, delay in sales of jerseys, etc.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

TC wrote:

Sorry Rach, but I can't agree.
It has taken the management months longer than any other club to come up with a pretty hit-and-miss bunch of membership options; some look pretty good and with others you get (at one end of the scale) not much more for a lot more money, and (at the other) 5 games for $15. And all of the options are at above average cost.

As you know I have been there since the beginning as well, and I still support the team and players as much as ever. However I - like many others - am becoming more and more disenfranchised with the club and mourn the days of Reebs and Johnsy when the fans actually mattered.

Honestly, I'd rather chuck my 300-odd dollars at the local juniors and pay each game for general admission.

Go Moranbah Miners. Image
Hey TC.. fair enough... but my comment was in relation to the topic... not memberships at all... so maybe some have read my post
and misunderstood the topic of reference - which was the court action and what was and was not the cause of the court action against someone.

I am not happy with memberships and at the time of posting my comment I had not gone over what was available..

TC I fully agree with the comment the club needs to go back and look at what and who started this club and made it great.

StormFront......
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Bourbon Rat wrote:

:? Maybe that would explain the constant use of the phrase
"Getting it Right" & last years corporate buzz phrase which has now raised it's ugly head "Getting it Right 1st time".Both are attributed to Gauci in todays Herald Sun. NEITHER of these jingo based items worked successfully for businesses last year .
Of even more concern for me was a phrase used in relation to finding a NEW main sponsor.
Gauci said he had been looking outside the "traditional" sports sponsorship market for backers and while increasing club revenue remained a priority,he would not settle for a second-rate deal
Have to wonder how our current sponsors viewed that description ?
JAYCO - SUZUKI - MAKITA - KOOGA
Hey Bourban Rat,,,,
Again not sure why you quoted me as my comment was in relation to the topic... the said court case...

Have not seen the paper for a few days so can not comment on the sponsorship deals...
But I do hope that a good deal is made and not a sell out deal like the NRL did with the TV rights to Ch9...
I also hope that Gauci is trying to achieve the best possible sponsorship that suits Storm and the other party...
Storm have a lot to offer as a Team, As a brand and as a group - supporters included.

Whilst things are not perfect (I have not looked over the membership yet so refrain from comment)
I will still stand by my team and be there to support them in 2011....

StormFront......
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I used to think Jamie was a fair-bit over the top and still very sore about what happened last year. But the more that happens, and doesn't happen, i'm swayed to agree with him. This legal action by Gauci is ridiculous and only adds more weight to jamie's fears/concerns/opinions i reckon.

Anyway, i can't wait for round 1 when the players and coaching staff can do the talking on and off the field.

Who cares about the CEO of the club? If he did his job properly nobody would even know his name, or care for that matter. I hope Gauci's not trying to make his position seem more relevant or important than it is.

I support the players and coaching staff. I do not need, nor want, to know anything about the club's administration. (except that they're not screwing us like the past few years)
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Go Storm wrote:Anyway, i can't wait for round 1 when the players and coaching staff can do the talking on and off the field.
Ditto!

6 weeks to go!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become your character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.
That quotation,(author unknown ?),sits above my writing desk to remind me every so often that everything has consequences eventually.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Bourbon Rat wrote:
Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become your character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.
That quotation,(author unknown ?),sits above my writing desk to remind me every so often that everything has consequences eventually.

Very fitting.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2