Gus Gould's take on teams that missed the 8

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Melbourne Storm

Losses: Aiden Tolman (Canterbury), Ryan Hoffman (Wigan), Brett Finch (Wigan), Jeff Lima (Wigan), Brett White (Canberra), Greg Inglis (Brisbane)

Gains: Adam Woolnough (back from retirement), Troy Thompson (Canberra)

It's enough to make you cry. The handling of this club is an embarrassment. I will devote a column to the Storm soon.

WOW ....we have all seen how ferocious Gus was on this issue during the season, but to still carry it around in September is really something.

Will make fascinating reading when he writes that column...wonder if Craig might like to harness some of that "energy" that Gus has for Storm and put it into some mentoring for our young fwd pack.

I reckon Gus would love to help Storm make a mess of the other teams in 2011

Nothing like harnessing some additional "us against them" spirit going into 2011
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good on Gus for being one of the few Sydney journos that tried to rationalise our issues and other matters pertaining to rugby league.  He often gets bagged about his articles with people saying he never comes up with any solutions, but its not his fault the he's not in charge of the NRL.

But yeah I wouldn't mind a piece of him hear in Melbourne for a while, but I think he's in too much demand in Sydney.
It would be worth a try though.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I still can't decide though, is he trying to rationalise it, or is he using it as fuel for his well known anti News Ltd agenda??
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

NO NO NO NO NO

He is using it as ammunition against the NRL top tier of management,which is part of the reason he wont coach a team
I actually hope he wins his war,most of his written words are utter brilliance but behind the mic he is utter shit!
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I can honestly say we are behind Gus. He can actually see it from a supporter and players' point of view.
Scott Hill and Robbie Ross - The Best

GALLOP + THE NRL = THE REAL CHEATS

Hartigan and Wilson present:
Gauci and Gallop - The newest Muppets

News Ltd = The death of Rugby League
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I never liked Gus up until a few years ago but I really have a lot of time for him and his thoughts on the current state of the game. I'd be interested to read this colum that he devotes to us but there is no denying that he is using our current situation to fuel the fire againsNews Limited and the NRL administration.

As much as I like Staxhi Pathinos from the Age I reckon Gus moves down here for a season, writes for the Age and pitches the game to the non-RL watching Victorians in a manner befitting of the way an AFL journo pitches their game...
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]