2011 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Looks like the Dogs have a bottomless pit of money
hughzy
Squall
Squall

i rekon theve already signed pritchard,millington,eastwood plus then keating hodko tolman tandy.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LOST out again nigel plum resigns with penrith

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/artic ... -the-eels/

GOLD Coast winger Jordan Atkins is in the sights of duelling Sydney clubs – with Parramatta emerging as the favoured destination for the Titans' winger.

Atkins has just returned to the first grade side, while simultaneously being targeted by the Sharks and Eels.

It had been thought the 27 year-old was being earmarked by Cronulla as a possible replacement for Canberra bound winger Blake Ferguson

But the man who set an NRL record by scoring four tries on debut against the Cowboys in 2008, is said to be favouring towards the Eels although no decision will be made while the final series is still on.

“He’s leaning towards Parramatta,” manager Steve Gillis told sportsnewsfirst.com.au.

The Eels have already signed Reni Maitua, Carl Webb, Roosters NYC halfback Brad Murray as well as re-signing Justin Horo and Eric Grothe.

Meanwhile, North Queensland second rower Steve Southern is also being linked with the Sharks and the Newcastle Knights after failing to receive an offer from the Cowboys.

Southern has been identified as a replacement for Grant Millington, who is joining the Bulldogs next season, and his manager David Riolo says he is waiting for word on his options.

"We're just waiting to hear back from the clubs but there is no formal offer yet," Riolo said.

Southern debuted for the Cowboys in 2004 and played his part in their most successful season of 2004, when they lost the grand final to Wests Tigers.

Penrith Panthers have re-signed 27-year-old second rower Nigel Plum for season 2011.

A former Rooster and Raider, Plum joined the mountain men this year extending his stay a further season.

He has not been selected in the team to play this weekend but has been identified as a replacement for Bulldog bound Frank Pritchard next year.
Last edited by sallymay on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ok he hasnt signed with us yet proberly wont but we were talking about it above so i thought id put it in here

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/artic ... m-cowboys/
COWBOYS pivot Arana Taumata has requested a release from his contract with the Cowboys effective immediately to return to Sydney

Taumata and his girlfriend have struggled with the relocation to Townsville which has lead to the 21-year-old’s manager formalizing a release from his contract.

“We spoke to the club last week and formalized it yesterday,” said his manager Sam Ayoub.

“He hasn’t settled in and his girlfriend wasn’t happy so we asked for a release, it’s pretty straight forward,” Ayoub said.

Cowboys football operations manager Peter Parr told sportsnewsfirst.com.au the play maker's problems are a private matter and will not be discussed publicly.

“We’re in a process with his manager at the moment. It’s been no secret he’s struggled here," said Parr.

"The issue is of a personal nature and I’m a bit surprised anyone knows about it.

“We hope we will have it sorted out in the next few days,” he said.

However, Ayoub told sportsnewsfirst.com.au that the young gun has two Sydney based NRL sides chasing his signature and his future will be known within the next two days.

“We’re close to finalizing something in the next 48 hours,” he said.

Considering the background of Wellington-born Taumata, it would be easy to speculate his release was granted due to disciplinary reasons, however Ayoub and Parr said that’s the furthest thing from the truth.

“As far as I’m aware he hasn’t done anything wrong,” said Parr.

“This is personal not disciplinary.”

Once Taumata’s future is announced, it will be his seventh NRL club in six years having been sacked from the Roosters, Bulldogs, Broncos and Storm.

He joined the Wests Tigers this year training with the first-grade side but playing for NSW Cup team Balmain Ryde before joining the Cowboys.
Last edited by sallymay on Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

hughzy
Squall
Squall

sallymay wrote: ok he hasnt signed with us yet proberly wont but we were talking about it above so i thought id put it in here

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/artic ... m-cowboys/
COWBOYS pivot Arana Taumata has requested a release from his contract with the Cowboys effective immediately to return to Sydney

Taumata and his girlfriend have struggled with the relocation to Townsville which has lead to the 21-year-old’s manager formalizing a release from his contract.

“We spoke to the club last week and formalized it yesterday,” said his manager Sam Ayoub.

“He hasn’t settled in and his girlfriend wasn’t happy so we asked for a release, it’s pretty straight forward,” Ayoub said.

Cowboys football operations manager Peter Parr told sportsnewsfirst.com.au the play maker's problems are a private matter and will not be discussed publicly.

“We’re in a process with his manager at the moment. It’s been no secret he’s struggled here," said Parr.

"The issue is of a personal nature and I’m a bit surprised anyone knows about it.

“We hope we will have it sorted out in the next few days,” he said.

However, Ayoub told sportsnewsfirst.com.au that the young gun has two Sydney based NRL sides chasing his signature and his future will be known within the next two days.

“We’re close to finalizing something in the next 48 hours,” he said.

Considering the background of Wellington-born Taumata, it would be easy to speculate his release was granted due to disciplinary reasons, however Ayoub and Parr said thast’s the furthest thing from the truth.

“As far as I’m aware he hasn’t done anything wrong,” said Parr.

“This is personal not disciplinary.”

Once Taumata’s future is announced, it will be his seventh NRL club in six years having been sacked from the Roosters, Bulldogs, Broncos and Storm.

He joined the Wests Tigers this year training with the first-grade side but playing for NSW Cup team Balmain Ryde before joining the Cowboys.
storm sacked him i dont think they would want him bak.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him back at the Storm. As we know when the club sacked him they were still looking after his welfare and getting him counselling to try and sort out his issues with the view to maybe playing for the Storm again if he could get past all that. Of course that didn't end up happening after we ended up signing Finchy but it was certainly a possibility and that came from the man himself.

Given our circumstances in player losses, the fact that Arana could walk into the number 6 spot and would no doubt come cheap i'm sure the club would at the very least seriously consider having him back. Especially if he's stayed out of trouble since he moved on from us and given there's been no negative reports you'd have to say he has. I for one would love to see him in Storm colors with the number 6 on his back.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He deserves a second shot with us. The way Waldron treated him after his sacking was ridiculous hence why he moved on
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

He was the example used by the club.  There was three players there that night, but the guy with the bad name was the only one sacked.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: He was the example used by the club.  There was three players there that night, but the guy with the bad name was the only one sacked.
But to be perfectly fair....the other 2 weren't drinking at the Last Chance Saloon........

we've been to that Well before and found it was posioned (for whatever reason....whether Arana can't hold his grog, or he is an angry young man)...so i would think that the Club would be a little hesitant 2nd time round and probably with good reason.

I do understand that people can change...however I'm just not sure Bellyache would give any bloke too many chances to really let him down.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I still rate Arana. I have since the first time i seen him play for the Dogs. Was devastated when we sacked him so early Surprised to see him bail on the Cowboys, was staying out of trouble, away from everything up in Townsville and after getting a starting gig was putting some good footy together. It will be good to see him settle somewhere.
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote:
glennb wrote: He was the example used by the club.  There was three players there that night, but the guy with the bad name was the only one sacked.
But to be perfectly fair....the other 2 weren't drinking at the Last Chance Saloon........

we've been to that Well before and found it was posioned (for whatever reason....whether Arana can't hold his grog, or he is an angry young man)...so i would think that the Club would be a little hesitant 2nd time round and probably with good reason.

I do understand that people can change...however I'm just not sure Bellyache would give any bloke too many chances to really let him down.
The thing is, Bellamy wants him back and has from the start. However it was Waldron who played the game and got rid of him in the end.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

kinda hope he does come back but the article says he wants to be in sydney

Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Freshy wrote:
Storm Spirit wrote:

The thing is, Bellamy wants him back and has from the start. However it was Waldron who played the game and got rid of him in the end.
fair enough. I obviously didn't know that Craig was keen to have him back at the club.

I would have thought that since Craig gave Arana a chance and he blew it...then it would be difficult to have him back.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
hughzy
Squall
Squall

dont think we will get him now, read an article on the daily its said he may be heading to panthers.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He can come down to Penrith, just stay away from the mean fiddler.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]