Cheap jerseys @ Storm shop

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Anyone else notice the discounted jerseys on the storm site?

http://www.melbournestormshop.com.au/Pr ... Team%20Kit

2010 jersey with Jayco sponsorship $70
Away Jersey $60

Damn cheap .... makes me wonder if they intend redesigning the jersey for a fresh start next year....
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think a "New Era" jersey in 2011 is a must for Storm.

Will be essential for the Club to have a "fresh" strip for 2011 and divorce themselves somewhat from the horror of 2010.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm Spirit wrote: I think a "New Era" jersey in 2011 is a must for Storm.

Will be essential for the Club to have a "fresh" strip for 2011 and divorce themselves somewhat from the horror of 2010.
Yeah, I agree

It won't stop the bitching and moaning from those who spent $160 on a 2010 jersey only to have it superseded by another so quickly.

fwiw I still regularly wear my 1999 strip around  :)
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Clubs can't change jersey designs for three years after debuting something new - they just want to get rid of what's left of 2010 stock.  It's a shame, though - I find the players version of our current jersey to be very cluttered and overdone.  The fans' replica version is much better (not just because of the sponsor placement) but even then it's a little... I dunno.  It would be nice to have something fresh for a new era - but I doubt the NRL would be willing to play ball there.

You might remember that I posted a concept for a jersey I'd like to see us wear.  I've been tinkering with my template and have come up with something I think is even better than what I posted earlier.  I'm quite proud of what I've come up with - and I've done other clubs, too - but I'm still tweaking things.  I'll make sure to post it here when I'm happy with it.
You had me at meat tornado.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I didn't mind this year's jersey, but hated that green slimy ME Bank Sponsor sign plastered across the front.  At least  Jayco' blended in with our colours.

At the last home game both merchandise stores were doing a huge trade with many items reduced to half price.
I bought a heap of stuff for under $100 and walked away with a big grin on my face.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

absentee wrote: Clubs can't change jersey designs for three years after debuting something new - they just want to get rid of what's left of 2010 stock.  It's a shame, though - I find the players version of our current jersey to be very cluttered and overdone.  The fans' replica version is much better (not just because of the sponsor placement) but even then it's a little... I dunno.  It would be nice to have something fresh for a new era - but I doubt the NRL would be willing to play ball there.

You might remember that I posted a concept for a jersey I'd like to see us wear.  I've been tinkering with my template and have come up with something I think is even better than what I posted earlier.  I'm quite proud of what I've come up with - and I've done other clubs, too - but I'm still tweaking things.  I'll make sure to post it here when I'm happy with it.
Tell me your manly one isnt superleaguey?
I think superleague styled jerseys are *lima lima lima duck* woeful
and wouldnt mind seeing what youve got in store for
melbournes either

Term "Superleaguey" refers to sharp edges and crap that could be seen as a soccer shirt
See Brisbane,Sharks away and Illawarra away as a template for superleaguey
Others included in this catagory would be most of the Superleague comp which was in australia
during sometime in the last 15 years (ok so i forget the terrible year)

ME Bank isnt even worth talking about,why give them free pops? forget them and the other half
hearted sponsors of your former family
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Eagle wrote:
absentee wrote: Clubs can't change jersey designs for three years after debuting something new - they just want to get rid of what's left of 2010 stock.  It's a shame, though - I find the players version of our current jersey to be very cluttered and overdone.  The fans' replica version is much better (not just because of the sponsor placement) but even then it's a little... I dunno.  It would be nice to have something fresh for a new era - but I doubt the NRL would be willing to play ball there.

I think superleague styled jerseys are *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*in woeful
melbournes either

Term "Superleaguey" refers to sharp edges and crap that could be seen as a soccer shirt
Others included in this catagory would be most of the Superleague comp which was in australia

ME Bank isnt even worth talking about,why give them free pops? forget them and the other half
I haven't done Manly yet but I do have a folder of their sponsor logos waiting for me.  The clubs I've done so far have basically just been reproductions of what they already have - you really can't mess with classics, you know?  Basically, I'm trying to simplify things and eliminate sponsor logo clashes (ie. ME Bank, WOW Sight and Sound, etc.  Neither of those are current - but you know what I mean).  Rugby league jerseys shouldn't be complicated - despite what the manufacturers might think.

Any suggestions for a Manly jersey?  I was going to keep the home much the same as the current one but I was thinking of using the style of the retro Pepsi jersey for the away.  The Toyota Cup side used that jersey this year, didn't they?

I did a rough Bulldogs jersey with a proper V - no Super League-style curve.  I'm not into the Super League style, either.
You had me at meat tornado.
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

No bitching and moaning here singlemalt, happy to have bought a Jayco shirt when they first came out to show support to the independant directors and the club, still proud to wear it.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

absentee wrote:
The Eagle wrote:

I think superleague styled jerseys are *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*in woeful
melbournes either

I haven't done Manly yet but I do have a folder of their sponsor logos waiting for me.  The clubs I've done so far have basically just been reproductions of what they already have - you really can't mess with classics, you know?  Basically, I'm trying to simplify things and eliminate sponsor logo clashes (ie. ME Bank, WOW Sight and Sound, etc.  Neither of those are current - but you know what I mean).  Rugby league jerseys shouldn't be complicated - despite what the manufacturers might think.

Any suggestions for a Manly jersey?  I was going to keep the home much the same as the current one but I was thinking of using the style of the retro Pepsi jersey for the away.  The Toyota Cup side used that jersey this year, didn't they?

I did a rough Bulldogs jersey with a proper V - no Super League-style curve.  I'm not into the Super League style, either.
Was sort of old pepsi style that one,i think AAA Radiators would suit pepsi better than current but my favourite this year was
the Heritage strip,worn in round 10 against parramatta,if we hadnt lost the game id have bought it and much like melbourne
we were stuck with 1 iron on sponsor all year,The P&O Jersey wouldnt be bad to see either as an update

We dont actually have a sponsor for next year yet,i think we'll end up with the Delmage placeholder to start the season with
as our CEO is a *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ing spastic,he is the Chris Bailey of CEO's,btw want a ball playing lock? we have an abundance of players
please take him! :)
Last edited by The Eagle on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler