Player of the Year Awards

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Watched the live stream and thought it was great for those of us who couldn't make it.  Thought Nicole Livingstone did a great job.  I had a lump in the throat with Stephen Kearneys speech.  Thought Bellamy was truly shocked with the Michael Moore Trophy.  Congrats to Hinchcliffe he too looked a little taken back and I thought he spoke well.  Can't wait for next year I'm bored already.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

A great night was had by our table... lots of laughs, a few tears, many beers and wines to follow...

Craig was genuinely surprised and touched by the Michael Moore Trophy... he did a great speech,
as did Kearny....

Still recovering but well worth it...
Last edited by StormFront on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

StormFront wrote: A great night was had by our table... lots of laughs, a few tears, many beers and wines to follow...

Craig was genuinely surprised and touched by the Michael Moore Trophy... he did a great speech,
as did Kearny....

Still recovering but well worth it...

Freaky...I just saw that photo on facebook! A friend "Lisa" was tagged it it :P
storm77
Squall
Squall

Don't get me wrong I am a fan of RH but I kept my own count and Billy finished on top comfortably.

Not that it matters. I am just mentioning it. 
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hopefully they put up a highlights video on the site.  I was watching the stream but stopped at about 10.
You had me at meat tornado.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storm77 wrote: Don't get me wrong I am a fan of RH but I kept my own count and Billy finished on top comfortably.

Not that it matters. I am just mentioning it. 
Billy had an average & inconsistent year compared to previous years.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

absentee wrote: Hopefully they put up a highlights video on the site. 
Me too, it sounded like a good night.
madstorm
Squall
Squall

Had a great night.  Well worth every cent we paid for our tickets.  Still recovering on sunday, feeling a little tender!!!  Dont know how much I drank as every time I turned aroung my glass was full again ( is that the magic of crown??)  I should probably not have bid on the wii though!!!! Oops!!  Oh well it is going to a great cause!!!
billies later
Squall
Squall

madstorm wrote: Had a great night.  Well worth every cent we paid for our tickets.  Still recovering on sunday, feeling a little tender!!!  Dont know how much I drank as every time I turned aroung my glass was full again ( is that the magic of crown??)  I should probably not have bid on the wii though!!!! Oops!!  Oh well it is going to a great cause!!!
What did you pay for it??
madstorm
Squall
Squall

$320 for the Wii, I worked out why women go to the bathrooms in pairs when sloshed, not the kind of Wii I was planning on HAHAHAHAHA!!  Might serve my hubby right for letting me out of his sight, he should know better by now!! lmao :occasion5: :occasion5: :pale: :pale:
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

In an e-mail sent by Melbourne Storm they said that some of the player's jerseys from the last game were going to be auctioned on the night and the rest were going to be made available on the Melbourne Storm Auctions website for everyone to bid on.

Can anyone who was there on the night remember which jerseys were auctioned then??

Thanks to anyone who remembers!

Julie
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

it was the departing players jerseys sold on the night
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Im curious, did they have an SG Ball poty.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

they didnt have one for sg ball but they had the grant brentnell up and comer award which went to richard kenner for doing so well at under 14 and 15 and playing sg ball at a young age....they also said that the storm have him signed up long term (4 years i think) so that would make him 18/19 when his next contract finished
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well I'll announe it then

The SG BAll POTY is........ Maipele Morseu with Mahe Fonua the runner up.

*Applause*

=D> =D> =D> =D>

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh