Inglis eyes return to Storm front as horror season ends

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Well worth a read....

The toll on the players and the effect it has had on them now and into the future is something that,
as supporters we can only imagine... Whist I was at first bitter at GI going I can clearly see now that
he does not want to go - whether he was pushed or took a bullet for the team - I really dont know.
He is a great player and I hope he never plays against us... :-)
Best of luck and he will always be part of the Storm Family..

A SHATTERED Greg Inglis has become so disillusioned with rugby league that he's barely watched a game since the Storm were stripped of two premierships in April, but he's already counting down the days until he can return to the Melbourne club.

Speaking exclusively to The Sun-Herald, the Brisbane-bound centre said the season couldn't end soon enough. ''Since all that salary-cap stuff I don't really care [about this year's competition],'' the 23-year-old Maroons and Kangaroos flyer said.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 14v7d.html
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

as much as i appreciate GI's service throughout his years at the storm, i have no doubt that gi's tkcket to brisbane is one way.  cheers greg, good luck.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was gutted about GI and fairly bitter at the whol way it played it....he wanted to stay...then wanted to leave....then might stay.....then might leave.

HOWEVER after hearing him talk at the Member function at Hisense Arena on Saturday....I have NO doubt that if there is a chance for him to get back to Melbourne Storm * (financially/roster/team balance) then he will definitely come "home" back to Melbourne Storm.

Just the way I heard it on the day....a lot of water to pass under the bridge I realise but I remain hopeful.

I spoke to him briefly when he was signing my daughters cap and said "Gregg...sad to see you go but so many of us want you to return back to your real home eventually"...to which he basically said..."Yeah...2 years up there...let's see what happens then".

He was a more forthright about loving the Club and Melbourne as a place to live when Kearnsy was interviewing him.

COME HOME GREG....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Just seen a hillarious picture

Apparently you guys are cutting costs with dodgy embroiders who think farewell is spelt farwell

Misspelled...Greg Inglis's "farwell" jersey. Picture: Colleen Petch Source: The Daily Telegraph

SO THIS is how you get yourself under a salary cap, eh?

Sport Confidential can reveal poor ol' Melbourne - who've spent months trying to strip thousands of dollars from their illicit budget - are now employing cutbacks to the stitching of special commemorative jerseys for departing heroes like Greg Inglis and Ryan Hoffman.

Playing in his final game for the Storm at AAMI Park last Sunday, Kangaroo ace Inglis took the field wearing a purple strip emblazoned with Storm Farwell Game. Apparently the money saved on all the missing e's will go towards a new speed boat for Billy Slater. Maybe.
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The same story ran in the Herald Sun - only the article itself was very different.  It just shows you how pathetic and small the Telegraph really is.
You had me at meat tornado.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If that's the actual wording of the article, it's another disgraceful effort from a News Ltd publication... becoming more and more News of the World
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]