Not over yet . . .

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This is bullshit. Now that we thought everything was over and done with they come up with this. When the club has no defense, the players futures all decided, the Stars all staying in the NRL.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Thor19
Squall
Squall

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Schubert work with the Storm - using the Deloitte's report to work out who to release
and whether we are under the salary cap?

http://wotnews.com.au/view/5294422/

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 66,00.html

Wouldn't you think that Schudert would have cleared the players before okaying the Inglis move??
Maybe a News beat-up?
There is only one Melbourne Storm
And in Melbourne they will stay
.....forever.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

There is no mention of this story in any Fairfax newspapers.  This is just more rubbish to throw at Storm, as I said before the NRL need to punish a someone because they handled this situation so wrong.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Here's a suggestion for Ballsup, find a permanent office at Storm headquarters fulltime for Schubert, then you won't have to worry about any future salary cap woes, because it seems all other clubs are and always  will be clean skins!
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

CooperCronk wrote: Here's a suggestion for Ballsup, find a permanent office at Storm headquarters fulltime for Schubert, then you won't have to worry about any future salary cap woes, because it seems all other clubs are and always  will be clean skins!
They have found no evidence of other clubs,bar probably GC rorting the cap to an extent that deserved punishment
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The Eagle wrote: They have found no evidence of other clubs,bar probably GC rorting the cap to an extent that deserved punishment
All that means is...............................
They had no insider/whistle blower or a paper trail  ;-)

If you don't look too close - You don't find.
Works about the same as the AFL's drug policy  :roll:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

My working theory is GC is cheating the cap but with GC just about to recieve a team
of psuedohomos up there (Afl) they wouldnt dare strip GCT of anything,not in this uncertain
time and while they do this they attack melbournes heart who by the way live in the middle of
psuedo faggotry central
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

The Eagle wrote:
CooperCronk wrote: Here's a suggestion for Ballsup, find a permanent office at Storm headquarters fulltime for Schubert, then you won't have to worry about any future salary cap woes, because it seems all other clubs are and always  will be clean skins!
They have found no evidence of other clubs,bar probably GC rorting the cap to an extent that deserved punishment
Found no evidence. Says it all.
Schubert couldn't find a criminal in Long Bay.

Dogs turned in by a disgruntled ex employee.

Warriors turned in by new management.
Storm documents handed over by mistake.

Only ever discovered one significant breach; and that was the Roosters because Adrian Morley pulled up beside him in a brand new Ford.

He even thinks the Broncs have been clean for the last 10 years.... :o
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Found no evidence. Says it all.
Schubert couldn't find a criminal in Long Bay.

Dogs turned in by a disgruntled ex employee.

Warriors turned in by new management.
Storm documents handed over by mistake.

Only ever discovered one significant breach; and that was the Roosters because Adrian Morley pulled up beside him in a brand new Ford.

He even thinks the Broncs have been clean for the last 10 years.... :o
Broncs dont have to be,they have the the city to themselves which is a disgrace
They can get each player a $100k pay upgrade through 3rd party non club sponsors
Its all absolutely bullshit,the cap DOES NOT WORK IN ITS CURRENT STATE,ITS HEAVILY FLAWED
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

By the Broncos example -
Can we in Melbourne lobby 100 high profile companies to donate money
to a pool then we as a group of supporters decide where that money goes
and to which players.... is that then clear of all third party conditions?

Just seems odd the Broncos can do it with their core group of companies,
so why cant we do the same thing here?
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It could even be a larger group of supporters putting in a smaller amount of money.  One thing storm has is a group of loyal (fanatical) supporters!!!
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

One thing that always gets me is this,
If the Brisbane Broncos can afford an All-Star roster from 2000-2007, why can't they now? Even when Lockyer is on the cap for under $300k!
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

StormFront wrote: By the Broncos example -
Can we in Melbourne lobby 100 high profile companies to donate money
to a pool then we as a group of supporters decide where that money goes
and to which players.... is that then clear of all third party conditions?

Just seems odd the Broncos can do it with their core group of companies,
so why cant we do the same thing here?
The main difference between the Broncos and the Storm is that the Broncos are based in a rugby league town with only one AFL team and a Super rugby team to compete for sponsorships. So most of the companies want to be involved with the Broncos in some way, shape or form. The Storm are based in an AFL town with 9 or 10 AFL teams to compete with.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Scooter we are all aware of Brisbanes unique situation...
but Melbourne could start to emulate that .........
this season more people and corporate businesses would
have been aware of Storm good or bad... we have been in
the headlines.....

and for the most part Melbournians have been very sympathetic.....

Whilst I did throw this up as a hyperthetical and with tongue in cheek at
the Broncos way of what some may considering bending the rules

I still can not see why something like an advertising agency group
can not be formed who manage money coming in from "top companies"
with a pool of money - players are then offered work for motivation speeches,
promotional work, advertising products, photo shoots ect..... all with out Storm
gear on - I think they can mention they play Rugby League just not who for...
which would be done for those top companies that put money into the pool....

The company that put the money into the pool is not connected to the club
nor is the agency - the agency allocates the players according to what is needed.
For example - Billy gets offered $100,000 a year to do ten talks at set times, in and out
of season to workers, children, apprenticeship groups... on motivation, determination.
He could also do appearances for charity on behalf of these companies at schools,
thus maybe enabling part of the fee to be tax deductable....

Anyway I think to much sometimes........ lol... just hate how others seem to do
wish we could emulate the same here...
Last edited by StormFront on Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Best person for the job...

A Mother who's got a basic understanding of footy (heck she might now even need to know that!) to sit down with every single player of the NRL and question them about this bulldust.

Everyone knows it's hard to lie to your own Mum and get away with it but GOD FORBID you lie to someone else's Mummy.. PLUS mothers are crazy intuitive and know how to get the truth out of you eventually!

WATCH OUT BOYS! THERE'S A NEW JUDICIARY IN TOWN!!

** Quite delirious at the moment so please take whatever i've just said & wipe it from your memory **