The trouble with Tandy

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Looks like the police are to be called in to investigate the possible match fixing related to the early penalty in the Bulldogs game last week - Statements to the effect that "a player owes thousands of dollars" to a bookmaker are in the papers today, and although no name is mentioned, it's obvious that Ryan is the player in question.

If the allegations turn out to be true I'll be gutted - I had/have a lot of respect for the job done by Tandy for storm, this would be just another rotten apple to throw on the pile that is 2010.......
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

IS there a link to this please ?
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
bootsie16
Squall
Squall

Unless a media outlet comes out an actually names the player (which I haven't seen to date) I suggest the removal of the players name to avoid any issues down the track.  Once it is reported it is acceptale to name the player but until then lets not get ourselves into a position that could see this site forced to close.

** Added - ignore this warning, just saw that the Australian has now named Tandy as the player central to the investigation.  Would be a shame if he has something to answer to but at this stage has denied all allegations.
Last edited by bootsie16 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ahhh McGahan; you've done it agahan....
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Looks like Tandy is in some strife
samo
Squall
Squall

by the looks of a few of the articles he dosnt mind a punt, and even if he is cleared of the fixed bet from the game the other week against the cowboys, he could be in trouble for betting on the NRL in general, which as a player he is not allowed to do.

he was one of the true feel good stories last year, a journey men who had been through more clubs then he had played NRL games and he finally finds a home at the best team in the comp and forces his way into the regular 17 and wins a premiership ring

samo
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

That penalty kinda reminded me of Finch lying on Hopoate jnr at brookvale,both very strange penaltys
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

I'm sure the NRL will make a meal of the investigation just like the Storm wooden spoon betting!!  Same investigator = same result IMHO!!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

waveydavey wrote: I'm sure the NRL will make a meal of the investigation just like the Storm wooden spoon betting!!  Same investigator = same result IMHO!!
NRL is now suggesting it's the same punters  - you know? The ones they couldn't identify last time?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

waveydavey wrote: I'm sure the NRL will make a meal of the investigation just like the Storm wooden spoon betting!!  Same investigator = same result IMHO!!
I am sure everyone remembers that infamous day April 22  2010, I especially do.  I had a day off from work and was watching Foxsport Long Lunch where they interviewed  a guy from SportsBet ? who had the biggest smirk on his face when he revealed a few punters laid some big money on the Storm to win the wooden spoon.  He seemed to be holding back on more information but you could tell he wanted to say more.

You can't tell me this particular guy didn't know the people who laid the money.

Later on that afternoon the offical announcement was made that Storm had rorted the cap and we all know the rest.