2005 Membership renewals

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Looney
Squall
Squall

have i read this membership pack correctly when it says that all kids under 15 will be permitted FREE into the social club provided they are accompanied by an adult?

That could make it a lot cheaper for families wishing to purchase general membership as they would only have to buy 1 or 2 Adult Social club memberships.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well....i just got my membership info.....lets see

cap, keyring, same seat as last year, social club entry and....if I'm not mistaken I'm paying less than previous years. I dont want a premium...I hate the western stand...I get everything I want/wasn't expecting AND I'm paying about $50 less....no complaints here...see you all in 19 days!
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, I've changed my mind completely. The only thing that should still be there IMO is the 3 and 6 game memberships. Even if it is only one of the two.
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
thinga87
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The lack of a 3 or 6 game membership is the only thing stopping me at the moment, being up here and all...
I would be a Reserved Area member if I was still in Victoria...
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That's what I plan on buying... Reserved Area as I will almost certainly be back leaning on that fence in the Marcus Bai Stand... bring on March 13

Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I am of two minds as to what the plan is here.

Are the Storm planning increases next year or was this year it with regards to the social club?

If this was it, then why didn't they ease the change through some form of discount for renewing members? Social club gone from free to all members to general members having to pay $50 for the year or $12 per home game. Why not bring it in at $25 this year with an admission that it will be $50 in 2006? Or make it $50 for first time general members and $30 or $40 for renewing members? Reward loyalty.

The fact that they haven't done any of the above makes me wonder if there are more changes planned for 2006, perhaps increasing the cost of the social club membership or expanding it to include all members.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

steaming stormer wrote:That's what I plan on buying... Reserved Area as I will almost certainly be back leaning on that fence in the Marcus Bai Stand... bring on March 13
wha? :-s :scratch:
I'm sure you know the MB stand is GA.

if that was sarcasm it wasn't obvious.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
JJ
Squall
Squall

Can someone Confirm to me that the Melbourne Storm Supporters Club has been Shut down? If it is true, Could the $50 be like paying to get into what is was MSSC?

Could this be the case.
This is just AAS on hes OWN computer!!!!. I can't remember the password of AAS
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thunderstruck wrote:
steaming stormer wrote:That's what I plan on buying... Reserved Area as I will almost certainly be back leaning on that fence in the Marcus Bai Stand... bring on March 13
wha? :-s :scratch:
I'm sure you know the MB stand is GA.

if that was sarcasm it wasn't obvious.
Yeah, I realise it is GA, but I want access to the social club and the free hat as well as access to finals tickets... so I will be paying for the Reserved Area instead of a reserved seat as I most likely won't be in the stand anyway!!

JJ
Squall
Squall

Everybody hates us wrote:We are not going to renew our mebership GA due to the soical club issue (kids very upset not meeting players after the game) and the family ticket with 1 adult and two kids not being avaliable . Nine adults and seven kids will join Melbourne Victory as directed by kids. We were all members from 1998.

See you later

See, these comment show how people jumped the gun. I am sick of this crap and quite frankly to say that you are going to a different code for a membership, That fine by me.

The Melbourne Storm RLFC has made this club a fantastic and quite clever membership struture, to Yes raise more money but most of all to make this club look great on TV.

There were people saying, Where the crowds? You would still have a $5 upgrade at the stadium. but this membership package has promised to put people in Eastern Stand to make this crowd look bigger.

But all i am saying is think twice about the membership because you can see the benifits.
This is just AAS on hes OWN computer!!!!. I can't remember the password of AAS
PD
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

There were people saying, Where the crowds? You would still have a $5 upgrade at the stadium. but this membership package has promised to put people in Eastern Stand to make this crowd look bigger.

But all i am saying is think twice about the membership because you can see the benifits.
I don't want to sit in the bloody stands !! I just want to stand along the fence in GA,where I've stood since day one,(I even stood in the same spot at Colonial), I'm paying the same general membership but now have to pay to get in to meet up with all the other fans I've met up with for the past 7 seasons ?

News LTD want a profit - FINE
News LTD want pretty for TV - FINE
News LTD want bigger crowds - FINE

Pissing off people who've kept coming over the life of this club is NOT going to achieve what News LTD want :evil:

For the last couple of seasons the attitude of the bloke at the top was - I can't be bothered & the club/fans suffered
Now we have a bloke at the top who's aim is to make money & make News LTD happy,(then I guess he'll move on :? ) Only the people with seating packages appear to be 'happy' with this new structure. It won't make any damn difference to Corporates as they aren't really there to help the club along,just doing some friendly 'networking'.
"We are the puppets and fate the puppeteer
This is not a metaphor, but a truth sincere
On this stage, fate for sometime our moves steer
Into the chest of non-existence, one by one disappear.
"

[i]Omar Khayyam[/i]
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

check 1 in Dani's column
i have a friend buyng a membership this year, after only coming to 4-5 games last year!
go me :D
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
clock off
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Well done Dani!

If all the regulars did the same we would have 15,000 there every week.
My family havent signed up any members, but have 2 extra people going to the first game... so far.
The club needs all the support we can get. We need to rally.

The long wait is nearly over!!!
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

i think after the first game, my firend was wanting a membership, it shows how addictive this game is!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've only read the first 3 pages and the last two, the rest I really could be bothered with.

Let me say those that have joined the club after 1999, welcome to what we have from the start.

That only difference is that as Premier Reserved seats don't have the opportunity to bring up to 6 guest.

Now I know I cop it big time, how the Frick are we execpted to stand on our own two feet if we don't look at a strong membership base for the future that (hopefully) gets rid of News Ltd in the future?

It has always been up to us Storm Supporters to increase membership for OUR Club. Unfortunetly, some have thought that because we are in Melborne the Club has have to do everything!

I haven't been happy since the Foundation Membership (Platium) was drop.

Before people ask, a Foundation Membership was available from Sept. 1997. Think about the date and when the first players were signed!.

I believe that the new systen WILL work for the long term furture of the club and allow the club to more forward from News Ltd.

Only My thoughts, and thinking of the long term view
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]