2011 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noa Nadruku wrote:
If you could guarentee me Stan could get down to 114kg Id take him 10/10 over Lowe. Jaiman is what he is while looking at Stans numbers he punched out for the Roosters last year (and his NYC form in 08), there is a fair amount talent their.
[/quote]

100% agree Noa.  Skillful Monsters like Stanley don't come along all the time.  Lose 12 kg over pre season easy.  Norrie, Kite, Waqa, Bromwich.  Thats a monsterous forward pack right there.  With our backline & these forwards I'm salivating for next year. :D
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently the club is looking at Maurice Blair from Penrith. If you guys don't remember him he's a centre/five eight.
Quite talented but I don't know why he hasn't nailed down a spot yet. Made his debut in 2007. I rate him but haven't seen much of him lately, I think he's been playing for Windsor in the NSW cup.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ive always liked him as a player.
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Blair would be a good signing, play anywhere required. Ive always liked him but has really fallen out of favour in Penrith. These are the type of players we gotta be trying to pick up now

And he's a Queenslander!
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'd be willing to give almost any player a chance as long as they feel like they have something to prove.
You had me at meat tornado.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Proctor ready to step-up for Storm

Melissa Woods August 20, 2010 - 2:24PM AAP

Melbourne Storm second rower Kevin Proctor says he's ready to step into Ryan Hoffman's boots, with his mentor departing at the NRL season end.The 21-year-old will be among a number of young players who will have to step up for the 2011 campaign, with five from Saturday night's line-up to face the Sharks at AAMI Park leaving Melbourne.Proctor will come off the bench, but hopes to move into the starting role held by Hoffman, who along with Brett Finch and Jeff Lima will join Super League club Wigan.As happy as he is for that opportunity, he said the clash with the Sharks will be tinged with sadness as the countdown for many departing players continues."It's our second last home game and all the boys were pretty emotional when they told us their news about leaving," Proctor said."They'll be trying to make the most of it."They want to spend time together and enjoy the last three weeks we've got together."He said Storm veteran Hoffman had had a big influence on his career."Hoffy's helped me out heaps since I came down here in 2008, straight out of school," Proctor said."He was helping me with training and all the extras after training and what to do and what not to do."It will be sad to see him go, I've looked up to him heaps."Proctor, contracted until the end of 2011 , is the most experienced of seven players remaining from Melbourne's triumphant 2009 Toyota Cup under-20 team.Coach Craig Bellamy will be looking to those young players, including utility back Gareth Widdop and winger Justin O'Neill, to make an impact in the senior side."We've all got to step up and try to fill those boots that the boys have left," Proctor said.

My bad, proc is contracted next year, ill update the page to reflect this. Any other things wrong on page 1 please feel free to let me know.
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Guys, on the footy show last night "around the grounds" segment with vossy, he told us that reni maitua is taking a trip to the storm to meet with the boys and have a look at the facilities?
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think with he'd prefer Melbourne. With his past, he could do with the anonymity down there. 
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
hughzy
Squall
Squall

any news on reni maitua n maurice blair?
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Adam Woolnough signs with Melbourne Storm according to the herald sun.
"Adam then rang (Storm coach Craig Bellamy) and asked him if he would be interested and he said, 'Absolutely'. Now he's ended up on our doorstep.
Link to article
Also the article mentions Johnson as a option for prop so we must have given him a contract for next year.
Woolnough will join journeyman Bryan Norrie and young players Jesse Bromwich, Sione Kite and former Parramatta under-20s player Mitchell Johnson as the club's first choice props next year.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Be interesting to see what Craig could get out of Adam as on exposed form he is better then Norrie
hughzy
Squall
Squall

what about stanley waqa arnt they going to sign him?
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

hughzy wrote: what about stanley waqa arnt they going to sign him?
I was wondering about that too. I know Craig said he had to meet some performance targets before we would sign him but it would be good to know how he`s progressing. I suppose it`s only been a few days really...  :)
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Obviously we have to sign players to replace leaving players, and even NSW cup players that come up need to be replaced.  So I am just trying to work out how many more people we have to sign

So we have lost             And Replace with (only new signed players not NSW Cup NYC)

PROPS

Tolman                           Woolnough
Tandy                             Waqa?
White                              Troy Thompson?
Lima                                Jamien Lowe?

2ND ROW

Hoffman                          Maitua?

HALVES

Finch                               Maurice blair?

BACKS

Inglis
Mcdougall?                    Drury Lowe?                  

Did I miss anyone?
Last edited by The Mauritian on Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hughzy
Squall
Squall

mitchel johnson -prop it named him as 1 of the first choices for their forwads next year.and who is drury lowe i havent heard anything about him signing with us?