Player ratings

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

I've never felt better about 2011, todays game proved we are going to be back bigtime next year. The players that are staying really stood up today, while most leaving were below their best.

Slater (8/10) - Acouple of magical moments in attack and defence, spilt the ball once or twice in the greasy conditions. (153m & 8 tackle busts)
Duffie (7/10) - Very solid all round today, great tap back for hinchy's 2nd.
Stanley (7/10) - Looked great until he got hurt, bad luck seems to follow him around.
Inglis (4/10) - Overplayed his hand, positioning cost us 2 tries, bombed another one and dropped the ball cold more than once. Some big hits.
Nielsen (6/10) - Diffussed some important bombs, saw little ball outside GI. That 360 on the spot and drop ball was SO funny!
Finch (7/10) - Typical Finch display, set up the 1st try, tackled hard all day, acouple which were trysavers.
Cronk (8/10) - Best game in ages, great distribution and some pin point kicking. Great to see. (2 try assists & 1 line break)
Tolman (5/10) - Didnt last long, was going ok before being injured.
Smith (7/10) - Started finally running from hooker again, looked good getting in behind the ruck, tireless in defence. (49 tackles)
White (6/10) - Not bad, not great. Didnt put in as much as the other forwards on the increased rotation.
Proctor (8/10) - Best his played all year hands down, ran hard tackled harder. Played alot of minutes and really impressed.
Hoffman (4/10) - Averaged under 7m a carry, spilt it cold afew times, bombed a try, led GI too far in all day, almost gifted sandow an intercept. Awful.
Hinchy (10/10) - MOTM, played huge minutes, great sniping runs, defended like an animal, covered in the centres well and 2 meat pies. (42 tackles)
Manu (9/10) - Not far behind Hinchy, a powerhouse hiting it up, solid D and also went well covering in the centres. Love his work. (9 runs for 123m)
Norrie (8/10) - Excellent, carried a huge work load and didnt take a backwards step against the big souths pack. This guy is buy of the year. (152m)
Bromwich (7/10) - Solid with limited game time, some big metre carries & jarring hits. Missed afew tackles though.
Lowrie (6/10) - Very limited today, some good ruck D. Forced afew silly passes in the rain. Improving.

Thoughts?
Last edited by 1999 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

1999 wrote: I've never felt better about 2011, todays game proved we are going to be back bigtime next year. The players that are staying really stood up today, while most leaving were below their best.

Slater (8/10) - Acouple of magical moments in attack and defence, spilt the ball once or twice in the greasy conditions.
Stanley (7/10) - Looked great until he got hurt, bad luck seems to follow him around.
Inglis (4/10) - Overplayed his hand, positioning cost us 2 tries, bombed another one and dropped the ball cold more than once. Some big hits.
Nielsen (6/10) - Diffussed some important bombs, saw little ball outside GI. That 360 on the spot and drop ball was SO funny!
Finch (7/10) - Typical Finch display, set up the 1st try, tackled hard all day, acouple which were trysavers.
Cronk (8/10) - Best game in ages, great distribution and some pin point kicking. Great to see.
Smith (7/10) - Started finally running from hooker again, looked good getting in behind the ruck, tireless in defence.
White (6/10) - Not bad, not great. Didnt put in as much as the other forwards on the increased rotation.
Proctor (8/10) - Best his played all year hands down, ran hard tackled harder. Played alot of minutes and really impressed.
Hoffman (4/10) - Averaged under 7m a carry, spilt it cold afew times, bombed a try, led GI too far in all day, almost gifted sandow an intercept. Awful.
Hinchy (10/10) - MOTM, played huge minutes, great sniping runs, defended like an animal, covered in the centres well and 2 meat pies. Fantastic.
Manu (9/10) - Not far behind Hinchy, a powerhouse hiting it up, solid D and also went well covering in the centres. Love his work.
Norrie (8/10) - Excellent, carried a huge work load and didnt take a backwards step against the big souths pack. This guy is buy of the year.
Bromwich (7/10) - Solid with limited game time, some big metre carries & jarring hits. Missed afew tackles though.
Lowrie (6/10) - Very limited today, some good ruck D. Forced afew silly passes in the rain. Improving.

Thoughts?
Pretty much agree with everything you've said :D
just my opinions......critique them, don't criticise me!!!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Spot on with all comments. Hinchcliffe was our best player. He made a good dummy half run that created the space for Finchy to set up Billy's try as well.

Couldn't agree more re: Danger's 360 and dropping of the ball, happened right in front of me and it made me  :lol:
superstar5677
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Yeah, Hinchy was AWESOME.
Coops was really good too, and Billy's been way better in the last few games.
PURPLE HEART, PURPLE PRIDE
NEVER SURRENDER, NEVER DIE

I <3 Cooper Cronk!!!
*swoon*
petawilk
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

So Agree. GI was terrible. He was on our side of the field the first half, and he just is so not into it. He just walks around, not talking. So disappointing.

Jessie was so great, Sika was awesome, Proctor had his best game for ages and ages. HINCHY got 2 tries!!!!  How happy did he look!!!

Danger was so, so funny! Love him!
Stormtrooper9
Squall
Squall

1999 wrote: I've never felt better about 2011, todays game proved we are going to be back bigtime next year. The players that are staying really stood up today, while most leaving were below their best.

Slater (8/10) - Acouple of magical moments in attack and defence, spilt the ball once or twice in the greasy conditions. (153m & 8 tackle busts)
Cronk (8/10) - Best game in ages, great distribution and some pin point kicking. Great to see. (2 try assists & 1 line break)
Smith (7/10) - Started finally running from hooker again, looked good getting in behind the ruck, tireless in defence. (49 tackles)
Hinchy (10/10) - MOTM, played huge minutes, great sniping runs, defended like an animal, covered in the centres well and 2 meat pies. (42 tackles)
Manu (9/10) - Not far behind Hinchy, a powerhouse hiting it up, solid D and also went well covering in the centres. Love his work. (9 runs for 123m)
Norrie (8/10) - Excellent, carried a huge work load and didnt take a backwards step against the big souths pack. This guy is buy of the year. (152m)

Thoughts?
Good post mate, I agree with those ratings, in particular Hoffman and Lowrie, both played horrible !!

Lowrie played about 20min, in those 20 I saw him make a couple of tackles, TERRIBLE, whilst Hoffman just hasn't looked on his game since his injury in round 1.
Craig Bellamy: "We ain't going anywhere"
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

1999 wrote: Nielsen (6/10) - Diffussed some important bombs, saw little ball outside GI. That 360 on the spot and drop ball was SO funny!
Poor Danger, but we still luv ya!
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bromwiche impressed me today. Could turn out to be real good player.
Hoffy is frustrating but I don't get angry with any of them now, not until next year anyway.
That Melbourne weather was in full swing again! Overcast, drizzle, downpour, sunny!!
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Show em Howe
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Inglis should have been booed off the field for his attitude. Perhaps he is best off heading up to Sally now and making sure she is settled in her "dream job".
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agree with you all here.  Sika and hinchy in particular, how good were they?  Sika's run down the outside in the first half was one of the most exciting pieces of play by a storm player all year.
My wife and I welcome our new daughter Arwynn into the world
Show em Howe
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Sika is our key man. If he can stay on the paddock for 90% of the year he could develop into the best forward in the comp. The guy is a powerhouse. The defenders can't contain him - unless there are four of them. I will never forget his hit on Ashton Sims (or was it Nick Kenny) in the dying minutes of the semi against the Broncos in 2008. Match winner.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I loved Norrie's game yesterday. Gee he has a crack.
Hinchy was awesome obviously. Coop's kicking game looked like it returned too.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hinchcliffe, Norrie, Proctor, Sika. Theyd be my 4 stand-outs from yesterday.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Inglis is playing with a injury,he pulled off a great try saving tackle in the 57th minute.
Monsoon
Monsoon

BIG JIM wrote: Inglis is playing with a injury,he pulled off a great try saving tackle in the 57th minute.
He also was responsible for the 1st 2 souths tries. And turned the ball over in our half gifting the rabbitohs their 3rd.