Nicely said

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
superstar5677
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Here's Craig Bellamy's take on the leaving of players yesterday. I cried when I read it  :'(
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/g ... 5903678440
PURPLE HEART, PURPLE PRIDE
NEVER SURRENDER, NEVER DIE

I <3 Cooper Cronk!!!
*swoon*
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah...as much as we as Members and supporters hurt...it is trivial compared to what Craig and Stephen Kearney must be feeling.

I think we Melbourne Storm people (as a gross generalisation) have a real Victorian attitude to retaining "our" players especially if we have had any exposure to AFL where it is next to impossible to leave a club due to the vageries of the Draft system.

I know myself as a Collingwood supporter, that i can be sure that any kid who comes in as an 18 yo and is any good...will more than LIKELY still be in a Collingwood jumper when they are 30.

As a Storm Member it is gut wrenching to lose players who we have identified, nurtured and cherished their talent....only to see them go on to careers with other NRL clubs (or o/s).

I know that it is just the "NRL way" and all clubs experience the same...but there is actually a lot to be said for having a Drafting system given that it would allow more scope for players to be retained for the whole of their careers as one club players.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Craig has been our pillar of strength throughout this whole wretched drama.  He must be absolutely drained at the moment as well as all the rest of the coaching staff.  A great guy and a great coach and we all love him to bits.

I agree with what Storm Spirit had to say, even though I am not an afl fan, but I really admire they way the afl run their code.  Craig said the same thing on the Storm Hour last night, hinting that the NRL could learn a lot from them.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The positive for me in that article is the last line... there will be no more team meetings like that one.  The player drain is over!!!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

The club will remain strong as long as Bellamy is in charge. I remain vindicated that the two most important signings we ever made as a club was to appoint him and reappoint him.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

tugga wrote: The club will remain strong as long as Bellamy is in charge. I remain vindicated that the two most important signings we ever made as a club was to appoint him and reappoint him.
Now THAT was 'Nicely said=D>
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields