Greg Inglis to Brisbane

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

who the hell is his cousin then?

proberly nothing but i have noticed dane is friends with a lot of our 20's thunderbolts and a few storm players girlfriends
Last edited by sallymay on Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: who the hell is his cousin then?
He's on the Broncos forum and was the first person to post the story.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Freshy wrote:
sallymay wrote: no but the friend i spoke to has she said it was still a possibitity

haha u looked to
Sounds interesting. Take this for what its worth but Dane Gagai's cousin has posted on the Broncs forum saying that Gagai may be on the move to Melbourne....I freakin hope this pulls off because then I can personally pack GI's bags for him  ;-)

haha yeah the first thing I did was check Dane's facebook lol
Don't we have enough Fullbacks.  Slater, Whiddop, Maipele, Chisholm.  Surely Greg inglis is worth 3 Dane Gagai's.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Mauritian wrote:
Freshy wrote:
sallymay wrote: no but the friend i spoke to has she said it was still a possibitity

haha u looked to
Sounds interesting. Take this for what its worth but Dane Gagai's cousin has posted on the Broncs forum saying that Gagai may be on the move to Melbourne....I freakin hope this pulls off because then I can personally pack GI's bags for him  ;-)

haha yeah the first thing I did was check Dane's facebook lol
Don't we have enough Fullbacks.  Slater, Whiddop, Maipele, Chisholm.  Surely Greg inglis is worth 3 Dane Gagai's.
If you think  GI is special, wait till u see Gagai. Hes predominately a centre but has been playing fullback for Broncs because 2 of their other great prospects in Beale and Copely start at centre. Gagai also plays a fair bit of five eigth and is a good goal kicker. He had 5 NRL clubs and the Queensland Reds and NSW Waratahs chasing him back in 08. We had a look at him in early 2008 but pulled out of the race because at the time he was completing year 12 and was never going to make the move down to Melbourne at that point.
Last edited by Freshy on Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

win win i guess
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: win win i guess
I don't see any win in losing Greg Inglis.  If this Gagai kid is so good why isn't he playing first grade ahead of Hoffman Beale & Copely?
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've never seen Gagai and don't care how good he is, he's still an under 20's player!
Let's not forget Greg had an immediate impact when he started out. How old is Gagai anyway?
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
thunderball
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

this inglis thing has turned into a circus, who's the next storm player to be involved in another circus, melbourne dont want inglis imo
I aint falling for no banana in the tailpipe
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bula wrote: I've never seen Gagai and don't care how good he is, he's still an under 20's player!
Let's not forget Greg had an immediate impact when he started out. How old is Gagai anyway?
This.

Comparing Gagai to Inglis is ridiculous and just setting him up for ridicule. If he comes thats fine but Greg at the same age was a top 10 player in the game.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This is really beyond a lima lima lima duck joke now. It's gone on so long in all honesty i'm past the point of caring if he's stays or goes i just want to know EITHER way. I know the Bronco's have upped the offer but surely that shouldn't impact things time wise too much, it's either enough money for the club to be satisfied with the amount we'll have to pay to top up his contract should he leave, or not enough to the point the club still isn't happy topping up his contract. Surely after all this time they'd have had a magic figure they had to be offered that they felt comfortable letting him walk.

If they want to keep him then just lima lima lima duck keep him, if not just let him go it's dragged on more than long enough.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Mauritian wrote:
sallymay wrote: win win i guess
I don't see any win in losing Greg Inglis.  If this Gagai kid is so good why isn't he playing first grade ahead of Hoffman Beale & Copely?
One of the reasons Gagai hasnt been in first grade is because, both centres ahead of him are incumbent Kangaroos and the wing spots are taken up by a fringe Kiwi and Maroon.

Then theres Copely and Beale who still need to get a look in to. So theres a major logger jam.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He looked a promising player when we played the Broncs and has nice tackle-break and line-break stats (which I pay far more attention to then meters gained). However @ only 183 and 84KG he doesnt project to ever be a really solid players and I prefer centers to have a bit of size about them and I highly doubt that Bellamy has guarenteed a starting spot to a NYC player in the hardest position in the game to defend at.

PS. Ask them for Corey Norman and Joel Hagan instead and we'll forget about the 150K gap in the cap  ;D.
Last edited by Noa Nadruku on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

GI cops abit of flak.. but when he fires.. he's unstoppable..
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Inglis & White Gone
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

[quote="BigG"]
Inglis & White Gone
[/quoteWe are now under the cap