Eels at it again

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
thunderball
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

yes he should as time goes by he be ok, and he needs to forget that inglis smith and slater are on double his money as well, next contract he can get a better deal for sure
I aint falling for no banana in the tailpipe
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

thunderball wrote: yes he should as time goes by he be ok, and he needs to forget that inglis smith and slater are on double his money as well, next contract he can get a better deal for sure
I hope so. I know it`s not likely to happen ( and is rather idealistic I suppose)  but it would be a nice gesture from the other three to offer to renegotiate their deals in favour of topping his up. I know there was talk of pay cuts earlier which seems to have gone quiet but if there is so much disparity in their deals, now that they are aware of it, it would be a nice way to regain the harmony between them all ( again, assuming that half the speculation is true!)
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I dont think its the difference in contract sizes that is the issue, he was aware of that he re-signed.

Keep in mind too that Cooper could probably quadruple his money if he went to Sydney through endorsments and apperances.
thunderball
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

im not sure if he was, mabe they said all 4 take pay cuts to stay together but the other 3 got much more extra money on the side? dont know something has upset him
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noa Nadruku wrote: I dont think its the difference in contract sizes that is the issue, he was aware of that he re-signed.

Keep in mind too that Cooper could probably quadruple his money if he went to Sydney through endorsments and apperances.
Agree wholeheartedly,Thurston gets heaps on those contracts
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Does Big Ron G have any inside knowledge ;-)
thunderball
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

so GI leaving again? nothing is certain at storm who else is going and they havnt told there fans yet?
thunderball
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

looks like kearney is being look at to coach parramatta so danny weilder says?
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

BIG JIM wrote: Does Big Ron G have any inside knowledge ;-)
Nobody else will be leaving, if anything we may gain the odd player. But I have heard rumours that our NSW Cup team may have to run out of Sydney next year instead of Melbourne, which will not be good for local guys trying to make the team.
TheParraPowerof1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Seems our CEO went down to Melbourne and met with the Storm re:Cronk and with Kearney re:coaching.
Should be a interesting few weeks as we are now linked to a Rugby Union player as well.
I don't think Parramatta even know whats happening at Parramatta anymore, i'm sure as hell know the members don't know.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TheParraPowerof1 wrote: Seems our CEO went down to Melbourne and met with the Storm re:Cronk and with Kearney re:coaching.
Should be a interesting few weeks as we are now linked to a Rugby Union player as well.
I don't think Parramatta even know whats happening at Parramatta anymore, i'm sure as hell know the members don't know.
Mate Osborne met with Kearney but not the Storm about Cronk. I know this for a fact. He tried to approach the club about Cronk, but was denied a meeting. This is because they decided that same day (Monday) that Inglis was to be released and therefore Cronk was subsequently taken off the market.
TheParraPowerof1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I don't think Cronk was ever on the market from anybody but his manager.
Where is storm HQ? Olympic Park? i walked past on monday should have dropped in to see ozzie get turfed out!
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TheParraPowerof1 wrote: I don't think Cronk was ever on the market from anybody but his manager.
Where is storm HQ? Olympic Park? i walked past on monday should have dropped in to see ozzie get turfed out!
Storm HQ is at AAMI Park I believe. haha are you living in Melbourne?
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

BigG wrote:
BIG JIM wrote: Does Big Ron G have any inside knowledge ;-)
Nobody else will be leaving, if anything we may gain the odd player. But I have heard rumours that our NSW Cup team may have to run out of Sydney next year instead of Melbourne, which will not be good for local guys trying to make the team.
That will be a step backwards for the young guys.  Would it be to save the $$ on travel?

I have enjoyed getting to a few games this year.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in