Eels at it again

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
thunderball
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

i thought the manly fans were more nasty then parra fans tonight i mean enough's enough's cant beleive this is still happening to the poor players, i also noticed after  the game that cam smith , slater, and inglis were having a good chat smiling laughing after talking to some manly players and i saw cooper walk near the 3 players and he had his head down and i swear he snubbed them, im getting  sick feeling in my stomach that cooper is leaving the storm just does not look happy anymore based on body language over the past month or so, hope im just over reacting, and its a wonder that no is trying to poach our coach as well.
I aint falling for no banana in the tailpipe
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The targetted player of the crowds boos was emphatically Slater,ill admit it,we hate him so much
as we see some of his actions on the field as dirty,feet 1st try saves and the occasional dog shot (Yeah
i admit Hayne started it,but Slater could have been more of a man about it and not elbowed a man with
no chance of defending himself)

That said most of ur players got a few boos,that i could hear from FS2 anyway,but Slater was main target
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

thunderball wrote: i thought the manly fans were more nasty then parra fans tonight i mean enough's enough's cant beleive this is still happening to the poor players, i also noticed after  the game that cam smith , slater, and inglis were having a good chat smiling laughing after talking to some manly players and i saw cooper walk near the 3 players and he had his head down and i swear he snubbed them, im getting  sick feeling in my stomach that cooper is leaving the storm just does not look happy anymore based on body language over the past month or so, hope im just over reacting, and its a wonder that no is trying to poach our coach as well.
I couldn't bear to watch the game live  tonight and just taped it and watched bits of it  later, because it I think I would have thrown something at the tv seeing the way fans are treating the players and even our supporters who go to the games interstate.  These fans are just mental imo and I can't believe people say it all banter...its not and its really putting me off rugby league to be honest.
If I wasn't such a huge Storm fan I would dump the game right now.

Nothing would please me more than to see some other clubs be found out for cheating the salary cap, so their fans can experience the same pain and hurt and not be so self righteous.

I know what has happened at the Storm hasn't been great for rugby league's image, but the way the fans and media are carrying on you would think the twin towers had fallen down and thousands of people have died ... now that is what I call a disaster.

Just on Cooper, I really hope he stays with the Storm, but you are right, his body language hasn't been the best over the past 2 months and I also fear he may be going to Parra.
HayneHeadbutt
Squall
Squall

CooperCronk wrote:
Just on Cooper, I really hope he stays with the Storm, but you are right, his body language hasn't been the best over the past 2 months and I also fear he may be going to Parra.
:D
[img]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww82/ADJ1/stripped.gif[/img]
[img]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww82/ADJ1/haynetoogood2-1.jpg[/img]
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

HayneHeadbutt wrote:
CooperCronk wrote:
:D
Stop feeding off theyre misery,your not even going to play finals football
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
thunderball
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

i hope our home games left we can get some good crowds i thought 9000 last game was pretty average when they are so entertaining.  cant wait for 2011 so this salary cap crap will end, i agree i think its turning off storm supporters to go to any game away from home. if cooper leaves thats a big blow he puts in every week, and i think he would only go if he thought he was getting ripped off, inglis is not worth 660,000 a season cronk should be on alot more money i think melbourne have taken him for granted cos it would take something big to make him look so unhappy like hes been cheated or something.  :icon_frown: ive heard on other forums that cooper seeked legal advice to get a release, hope this is only a rumour.
thunderball
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

forgot to say do you guys an gals watch the nrl on the web due to ch 9 being in love with afl and dont want to upset the afl, anyway nrlfix.com is great sign up post 10 times in there forums and you get live nrl friday night , sat , sun, and monday, f*ck channel afl9 who we are madly in love with. afl ratings have gone down this year as well st.kilda works better than stilnox
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The eels fan site is now not calling Cronk to Parramatta a rumor.  The are posting teams from one to seventeen, like we do here, and everyone  has Cronk in at number 7.  I really want to post that he is still signed to Melbourne.
Last edited by glennb on Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

There`s something that puzzles me with the rumours around Cooper that I`m hoping someone can clear up for me. If Parramatta have made him an offer, even though Storm have said that he isn`t available, doesn`t that mean that their in breach of whatever tampering laws still exist? Storm , and Cooper so far, have both come out and said that he is not available and has no wish to leave so how can this deal be a fait accompli? While I have no doubt that bargaining goes on, on the quiet, before a lot of deals are announced, I would have thought that if Storm had even an sniff that Parramatta had made an official approach they would have pursued the complaint that they voiced to Ballsup and co a couple of weeks ago and pushed for them to act to stop the poaching    :?

Edit : Sorry , I should have added the proviso " Assuming this rumour is true....."
Last edited by Woody on Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
thunderball
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

the players managers do all the fishing they get 10% so its all about money to them, but your right, i still get the feeling cronk is going especially that inglis is staying all of a sudden, who knows rumours and more rumours
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

thunderball wrote: the players managers do all the fishing they get 10% so its all about money to them, but your right, i still get the feeling cronk is going especially that inglis is staying all of a sudden, who knows rumours and more rumours
I really hope not, but then I really don`t want to see anybody go under these circumstances. Jeez I`m sick of this s..t!!  :icon_frown:
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gauci Ponissi said 3 weeks ago when the Cronk rumour was 1st doing the rounds that Cronk would not be leaving the club under any circumstances (or words to that affect).

I'll try to find the article and post it here.

July 7th...The Austalian

"MELBOURNE has issued a hands-off warning to Parramatta over halfback Cooper Cronk.

With the Eels among a host of clubs circling Cronk, Melbourne football manager Frank Ponissi sent an email to Parramatta chief executive Paul Osborne at the weekend outlining his club's position on the classy Queensland utility player.

The thrust of the message was that Cronk would be going nowhere regardless of the outcome of the audit into the Storm's salary cap position.

"He's on contract until 2013," Ponissi said. "We have absolutely no desire and no intention of releasing him. Absolutely nil."

While several Storm players have been given permission to explore their options for next season, Cronk is not one of them. Nor are the other members of the so-called "big four" -- captain Cameron Smith, centre Greg Inglis and fullback Billy Slater."

and...

HANDS OFF CRONK.....EELS WARNED BY STORM

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5889584032
Last edited by Storm Spirit on Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote: Gauci said 3 weeks ago when the Cronk rumour was 1st doing the rounds that Cronk would not be leaving the club under any circumstances (or words to that affect).

I'll try to find the article and post it here.
That`s what made me ask Storm Spirit. I remember the article, and then there was one from Cooper himself saying that the rumour was garbage ( Sorry, I`m at work so I don`t have time to find the links at the minute). So given that Storm have said no I can`t see how Parramatta could have continued to negotiate, particularly when, if true, it has hardly been a well kept secret. Every man and his dog seem to know what is going on. Surely they have been warned off , and even bringing the point that  thunderball made about the manager into the question, as I understood it, they simply aren`t allowed to negotiate until he is out of contract.

I think , for me, I am going to continue assuming that it is a rumour that is getting out of control, keep my fingers crossed and hope like hell that we still have a happy Cooper with us next year [-o< [-o<
Last edited by Woody on Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
thunderball
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

managers a big problem in the game they dont care thers ways around it, i heard a week before july 28 that cooper was a eel and the storm blocked it would not release him, so if this is true, then cronk wants out looking at how he has been playing not very good. plus why keep a player if he wants out? of course its just speculation. and parra tipped the daily  tele about it, then last minute said sorry but change of plans, i dont want cooper to go but i trully believe he wants out, hope im wrong great player
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Some very notable examples of AFL players wanting out of their Club and basically sayingthat they would never go back...seemingly having burnt their bridges.

Wayne Campbell from Richmond and Brett Thornton from Carlton are 2 that come to mind.

Campbell was very signifcant...he was not staying at Richmond under any circumstance, but the club did not trade him and he came back to play some his best AFL at Richmond.

In the end I think he said when he retired that he was glad that he did stay at Richmond.

So Cooper can just settle down and play good footy at Half back for the next 3 years at Storm.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time