Finchy you bugger

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

''There were probably a few people at the pub on Friday night who would have rolled their eyes when they saw me run out today.''Finch, who will leave Melbourne at the end of the season to join English Super League club Wigan, revealed after his starring role in Melbourne's demolition of the Raiders that he had been one of four players due to be rested by coach Craig Bellamy and had been given four days off training. Defence from the ground up...Ryan Hoffman of the Storm is tackled during the match between the Melbourne Storm and the Canberra Raiders. Photo: Getty Images Not expecting to play against Canberra, the 28-year-old five-eighth admitted he had let his hair down during the time off.But a training mishap on Saturday left his replacement, Gareth Widdop, struggling to run yesterday due to a corked thigh, so Finch got an SOS to play just two hours before kick-off. And he almost missed the call.''It was 11.45am. I was just about to put my suit on and drive in to watch the game,'' Finch said.''I was talking to Robbie Kearns because I was going to do some stuff in his corporate lounge and when I got off the phone I had a message.''I wasn't going to check it but I thought I would check it and it was our assistant coach, Brad Arthur. He said, 'You're in'.''Asked what he had done in the break from training, Finch said: ''With my reputation ? having four days off, what do you think I did? But not for all of the four days. I had an hour or so off here and there.''He insisted Saturday night had been quiet, but Friday was a different story. ''I had a few beers on Friday night. I went for a beer on Friday arvo and you know me - I don't go for one.''

:thumbright:

haha
Last edited by 1999 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

It wish this little bugger was going to be with us next year...he's a hard act to follow.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

it's entirely conceivable that Finchy may be a bigger loss to the TEAM STRUCTURE than Inglis....

I will really miss Finchy.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yep kids always had a bad reputation but he has got through that with an unbelievable amount of hard work and enthusiasm. He is a great character, player and friend of the storm family. Will be missed bigtime.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I love Finchy way more than what I should.
2012 premiers. Legit.
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

Finchy loves the place - and he has been embraced by players and fans alike - it's a real pity to see him go
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Anyone else go to the Comedy Day last year? Some of the best drinking on show from the boys.

Finchy and a few others were still drunk - not hungover, although drunk would be an understatement - from the day & night before. I think he said there was only a few hrs of non-drinking and that was because he passed out on Cooper's couch..

GONNA MISS YA FINCHY! I'm sure the other boozers at the club will too ;)
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yep - it was the comedy day last year where I decided I loved Finchy!!  :lol:
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]