Greg Inglis to Brisbane

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i have a feeling hinchcliffe will go

i have a feeling rory will stay cause when we spoke to frank today at the nsw cup game frank said rory hurt his calf but would be ready later on just the way he said it sounded like they would use him more later on or next yr
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: i have a feeling hinchcliffe will go

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I love Hinchy as well as Cam.

I reckon Bellyache loves Hinchy too.....just some stuff I've heard him say over the last 18 months
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

When will some people learn that Inglis won't be here next year. He doesn't want to be here. He's made that blatantly obvious, still is if you ask me. He's not worth the risk of the extra baggage having him bolt when his contract is up in 2 years. Let him go to Brisbane, & keep the talent that wants to be here, note that word "wants" to be here.

I doubt Hinchcliffe will be going anywhere. He's too much of a utility to let go. And I didn't like the guy this time last year so I'm eating a lotta crow by saying that. I'd rather keep him & Neilson while I let GI, Lowrie & White go. Whatever way it goes, I jus hope it's sorted sooner rather than later with more signings & releases. Cos I have to admit, this whole 'soap opera' dragging on & on & on is really making me sick at this organisation atm. Jus' make the hard calls & let's all move forward (thanks Julia for use of that btw  :lol:)
Monsoon
Monsoon

You dont know that inglis wont be here next year, its the clubs call, not GI's
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

*shrugs shoulders*
Speculation by us + lazy reporting by the usual suspects is like a dog chasing it's tail.

I'll wait for the FACTS to become clearer.
2011 is a long ways off & whomever pulls on the Purple for that it's going to mean a LOT of pain n suffering for those teams that got a free leg up this time round  :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i can't wait to hear who the new signings are. Time for the next lot of fringe first graders to come get their extreme makeover Bellyache style  ;-)

Storm will give and take to meet cap but Inglis unlikely to stay
BRAD WALTER
August 2, 2010

STORM officials plan to announce new signings from rival NRL clubs when they finalise their 2011 roster this week - but Greg Inglis appears increasingly unlikely to be a part of the squad. Inglis's future depends largely on whether the Broncos or Titans can go close to paying him the $660,000 a season he is now valued under the salary cap as Melbourne do not want to subsidise the contracts of players joining other clubs.

The Herald was told last night that his departure to Brisbane would now only cost the Storm $80,000, and the club would be able to sign three other players if he left. The Herald understands that the Storm have agreed to small pay-outs to Canberra-bound prop Brett White and test back-rower Ryan Hoffman, who will join Wigan next season, but will not agree to pay a six-figure top-up to release Inglis to play elsewhere.

Former NSW Origin winger Anthony Quinn, who has been linked with Wigan and fellow English Super League club Warrington, now appears set to stay in Melbourne, and the club is keen to re-sign off-contract centre Dane Nielsen. By releasing White, Hoffman and Jeff Lima, the Storm have cut about $800,000 of the $1,325,000 they were estimated to be over the salary cap for next season.

A $100,000 rise in the salary cap to $4.2 million, a doubling of concessions for long-serving players from $100,000 to $200,000 and an increase in the marquee player allowance from $150,000 to $300,000 have shaved a further $350,000 off the amount the Storm need to trim. ''We are constantly getting clarification of all the approaches that are made so there is a lot of numbers work that is being done at the moment,'' said the Storm's new chief executive, Ron Gauci. ''We are doing a running total at the moment to make sure we are down to the dollar and make sure we get underneath the cap.''

The Raiders are expected to announce signing White on a three-year deal today or tomorrow, and Gauci said the club wanted to resolve Inglis's future as soon as possible. It understood Storm officials have been considering three different retention and recruitment plans - one of which includes Inglis - and the Herald was told the club is confident of fielding a strong team next year.

''Obviously, we need to make some decisions on a couple of players, and we need those players to make decisions as well,'' Gauci said. Asked about Inglis, he said: ''Greg needs to sort out what he wants to do.''The Storm announced the re-signing of prop Bryan Norrie and boom winger Justin O'Neill to upgraded two-year deals last Friday, and more signings are mooted in coming days, including the recruitment of players from rival clubs.

With White, Lima and Aiden Tolman leaving and Ryan Tandy having already joined the Bulldogs, the Storm are in the market for props to play alongside Adam Blair, Jesse Bromwich, Norrie and Sione Kite, who made his first NRL appearance for the club yesterday. Up to six players have been told they will not be offered new contracts for next season but Nielsen is not among them, and the Storm now hope to fend off approaches for him from Cronulla and rugby union.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

OH HOW THIS MAKES MY DAY!

What happened to the two Eel’s signings you were going to release last week Buzz??
Did the deals fall through?

Danny (Reply)
Mon 02 Aug 10 (02:31am)

I hionestly thought they were going to sign Cooper Cronk last Wednesday. The deal was “over the line” and was worth much more than Cronk’s on in Melbourne. But Storm got legal advice and refused to grant him a release. Sorry, I honestly thought it was almost a done deal.
Phil Rothfield

Mon 02 Aug 10 (09:28am)

That was taken from Phil Rothfield's blog this morning. Oh that makes me laugh so much! LOL
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

*Crickets*
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

So do you think Inglis will actually make a decision any time this MILLENIUM???!!!!!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Craig Bellamy said last night Melbourne was loath to pay any of Greg Inglis's wage at another club next season.

Whether the future involves centre Inglis is yet to be determined. Bellamy has reportedly been fighting an edict that Golden Boot winner Inglis must leave the club so justice is seen to be done in response to the cheating."I want him to stay at the club, but at the end of the day I ain't going to put any pressure on Greg in that way," Bellamy said."It'll be Greg's decision but at the same time I don't see that it's going to be a good business decision for us if Greg leaves and we've got to pay a whole heap on the cap as well."While we'd really like to leave it on a personal note and leave it up to Greg, there will be a business decision as far as our club goes.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sp ... 5899750084

Ahhhhhh the plot thickens...

:?
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

wish he would just go im so bored of the crap
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If he really is touring rival clubs facilities than I'm happy for him to leave.
I'd love to keep him and I think if he is in the team we can attract sponsors, fans and players wanna play for the Storm if not already. Also the fact the Nrl are supposedly trying to grow the game in Melbourne, he is a must.
I know he can walk around everyday with little people bothering him which seems like something he loves since he seems very shy.
So going to Brissy would be a real change.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

When will it click with some its dragging on so as too get as much money out them as possible meaning we have more in our cap.And other players we are keeping have checked out other clubs facilities but the media doesnt really care about them