Put a smile on your dile

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Guys, this is by far the worst experience were ever going to have following a sports team, for some of us, it's the hardest time of our lives. But remember, you aren't the only one going through it, and your pain is shared by 20,000+ storm fans, and you'd expect that after what has transpired since the 22nd of April. I'm going to be honest, as soon as I heard the news I almost abandoned  the storm, because immediately I thought the players and coach knew which for me wasn't on. But I'm so glad I've stayed a loyal fan, because now I can look forward to the future and I'm telling ya it excites me. It may not be next season, heck...it may not be for another 10 years, but the moment we bounce back and win that premiership we can say "We suffered, we stayed, and we got rewarded". We can rub it in the faces of those fans who have treated us fans like dogs, even though we did nothing! What I'm trying to say that even though it is hard, look at the positives about what this great club holds rather then the negatives which have already occurred and can't realistically be reversed
stormy bill
Squall
Squall

I Love you Cowbell-Mark
What we do today will echo in eternity
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

stormy bill wrote: I Love you Cowbell-Mark
Feeling is mutual ;)
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree...ABSOLUTELY !

On 14/7 I wrote in another thread....

"What doesn't kill you.....makes you STRONGER.

When Melbourne Storm are tearing the NRL, Ballsup and every other team a new one in 2011 and beyond........the pain and sorrow of 2010 will make victory even sweeter.

I can't wait.  ;D"

I will celebrate Melbourne Storm victories more loudly, strongly and passionately than EVER before due to 2010.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I've got to say at no point after all this broke was I even considering abandoning the team - that's just me.

I did (and still do) think that if any players or coaches were found to have knowingly broken the rules I'd want them gone, what's good for the management is good for the whole of the football staff.

Being a tragic Richmond supporter for most of my life I can stand the storm (forgive the pun).  I can take the trash talk people throw at me, I've got a thick skin because my AFL team has had many ups & downs over the years.  

Storm are now going through something (whilst quite different from losing lots of games & internal upheaval) I've never had to deal with but I'm going to continue to support the players & staff who had no knowledge of these dealings.

This has not been a matter of life or death, life will go on, the sun will rise tomorrow, blah blah blah - we'll all get over it & those who don't just don't matter!  :D
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
HayneHeadbutt
Squall
Squall

Cowbell-Mark wrote: Guys, this is by far the worst experience were ever going to have following a sports team, for some of us, it's the hardest time of our lives. But remember, you aren't the only one going through it, and your pain is shared by 20,000+ storm fans, and you'd expect that after what has transpired since the 22nd of April. I'm going to be honest, as soon as I heard the news I almost abandoned  the storm, because immediately I thought the players and coach knew which for me wasn't on. But I'm so glad I've stayed a loyal fan, because now I can look forward to the future and I'm telling ya it excites me. It may not be next season, heck...it may not be for another 10 years, but the moment we bounce back and win that premiership we can say "We suffered, we stayed, and we got rewarded". We can rub it in the faces of those fans who have treated us fans like dogs, even though we did nothing! What I'm trying to say that even though it is hard, look at the positives about what this great club holds rather then the negatives which have already occurred and can't realistically be reversed
If you truely believe the coach and players had no idea then you must also believe in santa and the toothfairy. If the Storm players were truely innocent they would have co-operated in the investigation instead of refusing. They were simply scared if incriminating themselves after the board had already done such a great job of hiding their involvement.

As for this cheating. 10 years or 20 years from now, the stigma of being the team that cheated will hang over the clubs head like a grey cloud. Fitting really seeing your team is called the storm.

Everyone still remembers the bulldogs for cheating. It's the tag you never lose once you have it. The label of "CHEATS".

Hope that makes you smile, It sure makes me smile! :D
Last edited by HayneHeadbutt on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww82/ADJ1/stripped.gif[/img]
[img]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww82/ADJ1/haynetoogood2-1.jpg[/img]
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

UNITED WE STAND..DIVIDED WE FALL

WE ARE STILL STANDIN...............OH YEAH
Last edited by Rose Madder on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

What makes me smile most is that Parrascum won't get the trophy and deserve it less than we do. Hahahahahahahaahah! Gotta love Parrascum fans. Can only afford to throw 20c coins at our players when Canberra fans at waved $50 notes. Gotta love Parrascum. They put a smile on my DIAL. Now lima lima lima duck off back to your shanty towns in western Sydney.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yep PARRAMATTA..Living proof that God in fact does have a sense of humour ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hmmmmmmmmmmm Let's see

Survived throat cancer,(And kept my vocal chords  ;-) ).
Saw the beginnings of a professional Melbourne based rugby league side.
Been a member every season & been privileged to see some fantastic games & players.
Seen winning & losing Grand Finals.
Met some great people along that journey.

This season's crap is water of a ducks back right  :lol:

Tomorrow I'll wake up breathing & with all those memories intact & a brand new season to look forward too in 2011,(regardless of the damage inflicted by a News Ltd board in spin control)

I guess that puts me a few light years ahead of any troll that has ever or will ever post on here.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Give this guy a medal :D
Melbourne Storm 2012 - Purple Passion, Purple Pride.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Did you know that it would take 350,000 years to travel to the closest planet that even vaguely resembles earth and which might be vaguely capable of supporting life (which it might already...we don't quite know).......

Phheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew...that is one BIG universe.

It makes the Storm troubles equal to less than 10000000th of one grain of sand on every beach in the world.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rose Madder wrote: UNITED WE STAND..DIVIDED WE FALL

WE ARE STILL STANDIN...............OH YEAH

Actually, theres a line from a song called "Boys on the Docks" by the legendary Dropkick Murphys that I call on in times of trouble and this has certainly been one of them;

TOGETHER WE ARE WHAT WE CAN'T BE ALONE!
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

WE'D RATHER DIE ON OUR FEET, THAN LIVE ON OUR KNEES
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

WINNERS NEVER QUIT AND QUITTERS NEVER WIN!