We've become a "Pub" team already!!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

*lima lima lima duck* disgraceful performances last 6 weeks.

Looks like Hartigan was right. We are a pub team.
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

Piss off troll,
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Its true though. Dreadful performance tonight.

Inglis wasnt even trying.
Melbourne Storm 2012 - Purple Passion, Purple Pride.
Stormtrooper9
Squall
Squall

Inglis#3 wrote: Its true though. Dreadful performance tonight.

Whilst it was a terrible performance, there is no way this GREAT team, is or will ever be a 'pub team'.

GI, tried, when the ball was given to him.
Craig Bellamy: "We ain't going anywhere"
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Stormtrooper9 wrote:

Whilst it was a terrible performance, there is no way this GREAT team, is or will ever be a 'pub team'.

He had about 10 runs for 40 metres at one stage.
Stormtrooper9
Squall
Squall

Inglis#3 wrote:
Stormtrooper9 wrote:

When he's gang tackled every second touch of the ball, you don't expect him to make an impact.
Craig Bellamy: "We ain't going anywhere"
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Boys did well tonight, you should be nothing but proud of them for a performance like that.
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

Inglis#3 wrote:
Stormtrooper9 wrote:

pissoff troll#3
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Joe_Storm_FB_2025 wrote:
Inglis#3 wrote:
Stormtrooper9 wrote: Whilst it was a terrible performance, there is no way this GREAT team, is or will ever be a 'pub team'.

pissoff troll#3

Troll? It dosen't take a brain genius to work out that Inglis wasn't trying much at all, but i can't blame him.
stormdolls
Squall
Squall

Watching  the post match interview last night,I have no doubt whatsoever the events are getting to the team .

But the person I Really feel sorry for is GRAIG BELLAMY it really showed last night that it is now getting to him.

:fla_england:
Honi Soit Qui Mal-y Pense
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Dynamic Melbourne Storm forward Adam Blair wants to finish his career at the Warriors.

Blair, the Kiwis vice-captain, has previously turned down the Auckland based-club in a bid to launch his blossoming talent in Australia's sporting capital.

The 24-year-old won an NRL Premiership with the Storm last year and is contracted to remain in Melbourne until the end of next season, but at a Four Nations media launch in Auckland Blair told Sportal he saw New Zealand as somewhere he would definitely return.

"At some point coming home would be nice. To finish off my career in New Zealand would be a big thing," Blair said.

"I had the opportunity to sign with the Warriors, but I wanted to get away and play overseas. I've just got to play out my contract and sit down from there."

The Storm face an intense recruiting process to stay under the salary cap next year. Blair admitted there was an element of looking over your shoulder to see if you were going to be offloaded.

"I wouldn't think I will get cut but, but you never know. Hopefully it's not me I guess," the 2008 World Cup-winning Kiwi said.

Blair is a rare bread in that he can switch between lock and the front-row seamlessly, while possessing footwork and ball skills that resemble a nimble back - all making him a very desirable prospect.

Reports the Warriors had made an official approach were news to the 15-Test forward.

"There's plenty of words out there but I don't think they're too true," Blair said. "I've still got one more year. If the opportunity comes, you do sit down and think about the options that you have."

Warriors chief executive Wayne Scurrah said he was interested in luring Blair to Auckland, but his hands were tied at present.

"Unless the Storm were prepared to release him there's not much we can do until we get into next season," Scurrah said.

"The two positions were looking for, after not resigning Brent Tate, are a centre and a front rower."

Scurrah confirmed the Warriors had put a two-year contract offer to Manly Sea Eagles centre Steve Matai, who may come over to have a look around the club this week.

"Hopefully we progress that this week," Scurrah said. "It's a wait and see on that at the moment.

"He's probably favoured to stay at Manly at this stage. But who knows what will happen."
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Lol, of course were going to play like shit after whats happened, do we really expect much else?
madstorm
Squall
Squall

Hopefully coming home to play will help lift the boys. Lets hope we can conitunue the panthers losing streak!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

madstorm wrote: Hopefully coming home to play will help lift the boys. Lets hope we can conitunue the panthers losing streak!
Of course it will.  Five weeks of travelling around Aust. and overseas (lol) and copping shit from away fans, the boys will be so glad to be home and we need to give them and Craig  heaps of support.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lets just hope we can get a decent crowd to cheer the boys on. I can't wait to actually watch an effing game live again, it feels like it's been forever since the last one which just yeat another balls up from the NRL with it's scheduling. What other major sporting comp in the world would'nt have a team playing at home for a month? The good thing to come out of it though is we have 5 of the next 7 games at home which i'm sure the boys will appreciate every bit as much as the supporters.