2005 Membership renewals

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Having sat back and re-read the membership brochure, I think the system is ok. At first I was disappointed by what I see as a downgrading of the General membership. However, having looked at the Reserved Membership (area, not seat), I think that is what I will be getting. The hat is a bonus for buying a better membership, and with the social club and access to finals tickets thrown in, I think it is actually quite a good deal.

I understand the social club has been free up until now, but this is a way the club can make more money. My only comment on that is it had better not be in the bloody foyer of Vodafone, as I'm not paying $50 bucks to stand in a foyer with no atmosphere. The best social club last year was the one in the room around the corner at Rod Laver.

My only gripe with the new system is the lack of 3 and 6 game memberships. Even if they only kept 6 game ones, I think I had 2 of those sold, but not now!!!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
JJ
Squall
Squall

steaming stormer wrote:Having sat back and re-read the membership brochure, I think the system is ok. At first I was disappointed by what I see as a downgrading of the General membership. However, having looked at the Reserved Membership (area, not seat), I think that is what I will be getting. The hat is a bonus for buying a better membership, and with the social club and access to finals tickets thrown in, I think it is actually quite a good deal.

I understand the social club has been free up until now, but this is a way the club can make more money. My only comment on that is it had better not be in the bloody foyer of Vodafone, as I'm not paying $50 bucks to stand in a foyer with no atmosphere. The best social club last year was the one in the room around the corner at Rod Laver.

My only gripe with the new system is the lack of 3 and 6 game memberships. Even if they only kept 6 game ones, I think I had 2 of those sold, but not now!!!

You Save $40 Compared to Gerenal Membership incl Social Club and Upgradeing from the Terraces to the Stands.
This is just AAS on hes OWN computer!!!!. I can't remember the password of AAS
OzHEDude
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thunderstruck wrote:
OzHEDude wrote:i was thinking........
i reckon that they'll flog these packages to death, and THEN release 3 and 6 game deal.

you watch and see.

but then again, i may know something!!!?!
You might be on to something there, if the club wants to seriously piss off their supporters!!!
what i mean to say is that they'll use the 3 and 6 gamers in their massive publicity drive that starts next week, to get more bums on seats getting one eyed victorians to come and watch our game.
The publicity push is gunna be HUGE.
Disclaimer:
The above is not a personal attack, insult or a political statement. Therefor it cannot be used against the poster in any court of judgement.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

OzHEDude wrote:what i mean to say is that they'll use the 3 and 6 gamers in their massive publicity drive that starts next week, to get more bums on seats getting one eyed victorians to come and watch our game.
Any word on when the Storm will have their SEN membership drive?
JJ
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote:
OzHEDude wrote:what i mean to say is that they'll use the 3 and 6 gamers in their massive publicity drive that starts next week, to get more bums on seats getting one eyed victorians to come and watch our game.

I am doubting that SEN will have one because of now SEN being in Adelaide as well
This is just AAS on hes OWN computer!!!!. I can't remember the password of AAS
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

JJ wrote:
Surandy wrote:

I am doubting that SEN will have one because of now SEN being in Adelaide as well
They'll have it, if Storm pays for it.
OzHEDude
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

well, i remember reading Waldo is gunna turn stuff around. also wants to promote the code and storm more.

so, 3 weeks out, the hammer has to come down. membership stuff is out now, we know the deal, but melbourne does not.

The advertising drive, in my thinking, WILL start Monday.......thats in 2 days time. It has to start if they want to get more people there, it makes sense. i have know idea what the club is gunna do, but waldo says he is serious, i believe him, i saw what he did with the sainters. i saw that he turned the storm head office upside down and inside out before he did anything else. He's a smart guy.
Disclaimer:
The above is not a personal attack, insult or a political statement. Therefor it cannot be used against the poster in any court of judgement.
deliverywoman
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Well I must say at very first glance I was appalled.........

I calculated that after spending only $166 for last years m/ship for my family, this year it would cost me $461....................

But on further reading, Junior members actually get free entry into social club. I don't mind paying extra for that priviledge, but as a sole parent with 3 paying Juniors, although one is now 'adult' although hopefully classified as 'concession' as a student, etc. The thing that I see missing aside from the 3 and 6 game m/ships is that of the one parent and 2 children m/ship, similar to family but with one adult....

I am sure it is not just the sole parents out there, but also those families where there might be only one parent that can attend the game with their children or want to even.........

More simple yes, but dropping some of these elements is what set us apart and really showed a care to the members and of course made it more 'personalised'.

Will certainly be interesting to see what happens for sure.

I have to ring the office to find out first about how I go with a family whom has one adult etc. etc..........

A bit more reading reveals more than is first seen.

And I still haven't got anything in the mail either...........
Looney
Squall
Squall

Well i was hoping for big things from storm but i cant believe how things have ended up.

I cant believe they got rid of 3 and 6 game memberships.I hate to count the numbers of lost ppl there.

I live in Morwell i cant afford to go to every game.3 or 6 would have been a great option.Opps its gone.
Option 2:buy a general membership for my family 2a 5c hmmm would consider but you dont even get access to social club.The one true enticement to get general membership is gone.

Its a sad day when it comes to this, i thought they wanted more ppl at the game? I thought money would come from new ppl coming to game? I can see some very low crowds.

I dont even know if i will take the family up for games this year, the one true love i had was the social club were i could meet up with old friends and now thats totally gone.

i can see this being a very bad year for storm supporters. Unless something changes with all the backlash i wont be buying any new memberships.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How do you actuyally get into the social club after the game? Do you have to be a full member with 12 game season ticket or something?
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
Evilynn
Squall
Squall

They have passes you can buy from the club - about $10 per game I think.
Surely they will be able to organise something for interstate & country supporters to come to the odd game & not feel left out. :?
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Lord Reynoldson wrote:How do you actuyally get into the social club after the game? Do you have to be a full member with 12 game season ticket or something?
you walk through the doors of course :wink:

you can get a reserve/premium member buy your way in for $8.00. not even a member with a season pass can go in just like that, general admission members have to pay an extra $50 for season access to post game functions.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

In the past, the Social Club has been used as a drawcard, with members gaining free entry, and being able to bring in a guest (if I recall correctly). The club has also had free guest passes that have done the rounds in the past. It's just a way of turning a 2hr game into a 2hr game + 3hr party.

It's a shame we won't be seeing you at the games this year Looney! I can't imagine the kind of damage your 3 older ones could do to OP - could fast-track a new stadium! :D

btw - hope Dillan's head is feeling better after his close encounter with the van! :)
Looney
Squall
Squall

It was Zachary and hes doing well :lol: :lol: hes a tough nut :lol:

After we get car finished i might end up looking at a full membership maybe for half the season.

Its the only way we could do it, its a shame they went backwards with getting rid of 3 and 6 games packages.I can understand what there trying to do but i think there going about it the wrong way.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Oh - that's right. Zach. :o There's just too damned many of them now Looney!

BTW - according to the membership info I've read, there'll be no pro-rata membership. So six games in won't mean half price memebrship. It'll mean you're paying twice as much for a game.